• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ in 2016: Your Thoughts

So I made this thread last year and figured I'd make it again...I get the feeling that opinion won't be as high last year, but let's see.

- What were your favourite games?
- What games surprised you with how good they were?
- What games disappointed you?
- Did you feel there was enough variety?
- Are the offerings still worth the cost of subscription?
- WHERE THE HELL IS KNACK!? AGAIN!?

A total of 88 games were available (32 for PS4, 26 for PSVita, and 30 for PS3)

PS4
Badland: Game of the Year Edition
Broforce
Color Guardians
Dead Star
The Deadly Tower of Monsters
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Furi
Galak-Z
Gone Home: Console Edition
Grim Fandango Remastered
Hardware: Rivals
Helldivers
Invisible Inc.
Journey
Letter Quest Remastered
Lords of the Fallen
NBA 2K16
Nom Nom Galaxy
Nova 111
Pumped BMX+
Rebel Galaxy
Resident Evil HD
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell
Stories: Path of Destinies
Switch Galaxy Ultra
Table Top Racing: World Tour
Tiny Troopers Joint Ops
Transformers: Devastation
Tricky Towers
Tropico 5
Ultratron
Zombi

PS Vita
A Virus Named Tom
Actual Sunlight
Amnesia: Memories
Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~
Color Guardians
Flame Over
God of War: Chains of Olympus [PSP]
God of War: Ghost of Sparta [PSP]
Helldivers
Legends of War: Patton [PSP]
Lemmings Touch
Letter Quest Remastered
Little Deviants
Nihilumbra
Nova 111
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Patapon 3 [PSP]
Prince of Persia: Revelation
Pumped BMX+
Reality Fighters
Shutshimi
Switch Galaxy Ultra
Tiny Troopers Joint Ops
Ultratron
VVVVVV

PS3
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Costume Quest 2
Datura
DiRT 3
Dragon Age: Origins
Echochrome
Fat Princess
From Dust
GRID Autosport
Helldivers
Hyper Void
I Am Alive
Journey
The Last Guy
LocoRoco Cocoreccho!
Mad Riders
Medal of Honor: Warfighter
Nova 111
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Pumped BMX+
Retro/Grade
Savage Moon
Siren: Blood Curse (Episodes 1-12)
Super Stardust HD
Tiny Troopers Joint Ops
Ultratron
Yakuza 5

There's a lot of good games, there's a lot of bad ones, your mileage may vary.

Are those who complain about a game's budget over its quality idiots? Yep.

Mash83

Not a great year for me personally but overall its a great value. Some really good titles on that list.

border

I don't even remember to download the games most months. Selection has been pretty bad. Most of the games I was interested in I had already bought. I don't feel like I've gotten $60 of value out of it, and if not for them holding online play hostage I'd probably let my subscription lapse.

Furi, NBA 2K16, Yakuza 5, and Resident Evil HD basically covered the cost of my subscription on their own. Everything else was gravy.

Hasney

Great year for me. I'm glad that the big releases aren't on PS4 PS+ as I buy all the ones I want, while some of these hidden gems and especially Day 1 indies have been fantastic.

Even better for a lot of other people, they got to play a Yakuza game. for the first time.

xrnzaaas

There were a few gems like Broforce but overall it was either games I already owned or wasn't interested in. I'll probably keep the sub, but mostly because of multi and good deals for PS+ members.

Certinty

Awful year overall. At least last year we had Rocket League which was worth it alone.

This year the only game I actually enjoyed was Gone Home.

plidex

Only PS4.

Games I liked:

Broforce
Journey
Tropico 5

Games I already had:

Grim Fandango Remastered

All the other games were pretty worthless to me, so I'm not very happy with this year.

Haunted

I mean, I probably would have paid 49€ for those 32 games if you made me the offer.

It's pretty good bang for your buck.

Now that I have an Xbox S, I will probably give up my PS+ sub. I don't really want to pay for both, and I think my multiplayer is going to shift back toward the Xbox this year. Everything I want to play on the PS4 is mainly single player.

The free games were just ok, but its not enough to keep me hooked.

Not great, I did play Journey but besides that plus hasnt been worth it for me, I dont play online also, might not resubscribe.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I think I was impressed by one month, but even that month couldn't touch 2012/13 Plus.

• Resident Evil HD
• Yakuza 5
Good games, but I already bought them.

• Transformers Devastation
• Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
Mediocre games that I already played.

• Furi
I'm glad I got to play this without buying it.

• Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
• Grim Fandango
I might play these some day.

The rest = no thanks. I would not have PS+ if I didn't need it to play online.

Catvoca

Banned
Definitely not the strongest year but I still got my money's worth. I probably never would have played games like Tricky Towers or Furi if it hadn't been for PS Plus, and I enjoyed both of those.

ironmang

Loved REmake, didn't care about anything else.

Same here. Just a terrible year and the few indies I did download weren't good at all. PS+ is almost entirely about having online access at this point with maybe a couple games that interest me tossed in which is much less preferable to just having free online access.

Flux

Not the most relevant reason, but I did not renew my subscription. I didn't have a problem with the games, I just lost my job so I was cutting back on my gaming purchases for the past few months.

Plasma

Banned
Not a great year for me though that's partly because most of the good indie games they put up I've already got on the PC.

Xevren

It's the first time that I really started thinking of not renewing psn+, it has had a few gems though. Furi in particular is one of my favorite games of the year.

Nameless

Didn't play anywhere near all of them, hell I already owned several, but the free games I did play on top of the added sales & discounts more than justified the money I spent on PS+ this year.

Quick

Banned
Wasn't big on the free games this year, tbh. NBA 2K16 was the only one I spent a lot of time on, and I already bought Journey by the time it was part of the free games (solid PS+ offer though). Hoping for better options next year.

Barely use my Vita, so I haven't had a chance to try out any of the Vita games this year, but it's all on my games list.

The PS+ added discounts on the weekly deals were good though. No complaints. I've probably recouped the price of the membership on the weekly deals discounts.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Broforce
Color Guardians
Dead Star
The Deadly Tower of Monsters
Furi

Galak-Z
Grim Fandango Remastered
Hardware: Rivals
Helldivers
Invisible Inc.
Journey
Letter Quest Remastered
Lords of the Fallen
NBA 2K16

Nom Nom Galaxy
Nova 111
Pumped BMX+
Rebel Galaxy
Resident Evil HD
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell
Stories: Path of Destinies
Switch Galaxy Ultra
Table Top Racing: World Tour
Tiny Troopers Joint Ops
Transformers: Devastation
Tricky Towers
Tropico 5
Ultratron
Zombi

All games I've heard positive things about or I enjoyed. :shrugs:

I think previous years were better though. Albeit mostly due to lack of games to play. I play a bunch of mp shooters though so ps+ is a requirement so its always just been a bonus to me. Which I know isn't the case for some of you.

Mupod

The only thing I really even played was Furi. It was pretty cool until the boss who looked like Gateway from X-Men, which was extremely lame and tedious. I played a few bosses after that but the broken controls started frustrating me.

And yes the controls are literally broken. I didn't realize it at first but it's because apparently it doesn't properly recognize button presses on some older DS4s making the dodge ability extremely unreliable. For a game that requires perfect reactions and precision that is not okay.

Music is great though.

sublimit

Banned
Definitely an improvement from 2015 for me.Hopefully 2017 will be even better.I'd like to see some more Japanese games.

Mezoly

Didn't finish a single game of those. Played RE HD but have no intention of finishing it. The only game that I might go back to is transformers.

The worst year for plus since I got it.

Top Bottom