• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ July: Until Dawn and Game of Thrones for PS4

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Until Dawn is an absolutely fantastic game. If you haven't spoiled yourself after all this time, do yourself a favor and go through it blind.

ron_bato

Asia already got until dawn in January i think, I wonder what we're getting this month.

Great month for the rest who have not gotten until dawn. It's one of my favorite games this generation. The only bad thing I can say about it is the inconsistent framerate. Other than that, the game is a blast.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
TT's Game of Thrones was awful but Until Dawn is fantastic. So is Tokyo Jungle!

For bonus points in keeping old systems hooked up try it with remote play on your Vita! Like all PS3 remote play titles it almost kind of works!

Yay! Good times

Game of Thrones is horrible even if you're a big fan of the show/books guys

In fact I think the only way to enjoy it is to not be a fan of the show/books

Giganteus

Unfortunately, I've already watched a thorough playthrough of Until Dawn, but I'll play it to see how many I can kill off and make the worst decisions possible.

EmiPrime

Game of Thrones is horrible even if you're a big fan of the show/books guys

In fact I think the only way to enjoy it is to not be a fan of the show/books

I really like the show and I enjoyed the game. All the show's actors put in a good performance especially Iwan Rheon as Ramsay.

Miracle

Finally Sony got their shit together and put down a great month this time.

It feels like since Rocket League that we've gotten a good PS+ Offering.

Teepo671

Not interested in Game of Thrones but wow at Until Dawn.
I already own it but hot damn! With Killing Floor 2 this month and Until Dawn next month it's been a good couple of months for Plus.

KaoteK

I got Until Dawn at launch and have got the plat, I'm really jealous of you guys getting to play it for the first time, such a good game

Melchiah

I liked Until Dawn but someone explain to me why a 2 year old game that has been on sale for under $10 multiple times is a better value than a $20 indie on the day that it comes out?

Insert "because indies are crap" here. It's a pretty laughable stance, given that indies are not a genre. There's a wide variety of styles, and it's nothing but ignorance to think they're all retro-like. Something like The Vanishing of Ethan Carter puts many AAA titles to shame visually.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Don't Die Mr Robot is a great arena avoidance game (like pacifism mode in Geometry Wars). This thread reminded me that I didn't finish it yet

MarionCB

Aww, I just bought Until Dawn digitally two weeks ago. And I already have GoT and Tokyo Jungle. Well, it's a great month, it's just I have to learn to not buy games!

Drac84

Great games, but I own Until Dawn and GoT. I played both games with a group of friends and had a whale of a time.

xrnzaaas

Unfortunately, I've already watched a thorough playthrough of Until Dawn, but I'll play it to see how many I can kill off and make the worst decisions possible.

You can
kill all playable characters, however they won't all die simply because of failing QTE's. In some cases it will happen when you'll make a wrong choice that doesn't feel like a life threatening one at first glance.
Anyway have fun. :)

Haunted

I liked Until Dawn but someone explain to me why a 2 year old game that has been on sale for under $10 multiple times is a better value than a $20 indie on the day that it comes out?
In this case, I think it's about the games themselves. That's You does look a bit... shit, so that's one reason people might not be too excited about it. Until Dawn is a proven, known quantity. People know that it's a good game and are excited to play it.

edit: I do think the "indie games are worth less than AAA games" crowd that sometimes rears its head in these threads should fuck right off, though. Good games are good games, period.

RomeoDog

Banned
Nothing beats how fucking amazing PS+ in Europe was near launch. I had to subscribe when I learned that I could get red dead redemption. Its crazy how sony made us all game collectors.

Gurish

It's a great month, though it seems almost everyone already played UD, definitely a PS4 classic just like how HR was last gen, I expect to see it in many top 10 PS4 games in the future, have fun for anyone who didn't get to enjoy it :)

RocknRola

Is Game of Thrones any good? Might jump on that. Had some fun with Tales from The Borderlands in May.

Already own Until Dawn, which is an awesome game.

xrnzaaas

Is Game of Thrones any good? Might jump on that. Had some fun with Tales from The Borderlands in May.

It's their worst episodic game since they started the whole thing with TWD. You might enjoy it a lot more though if you're a fan of the tv series. There are a few actors and locations from the show and each episode starts with the same theme song. :)

Peculiar. Do you know which month it was offered as a PS+ game? I don't have it my library and as far as I can remember, my membership has never lapsed.

I checked the list and it was never offered. I think it was just Episode 1. Life Is Strange's first episode was also free for a while, I think, before all episodes were given away this month.

v3numb

Already own Until Dawn, which is an awesome game.
I love the books, I love the show, and I like telltale games...but I really didn't enjoy their GoT game. It's fairly predictable and very difficult to care about the vast majority of the playable characters.

Sadly already have most games this month but great stuff for those who haven’t.

Every time I see Tokyo Jungle I get filled with this thought in my head “Why the fuck haven’t they made a PS4 sequel with potential multiplayer yet?”

I just cant go back to playing on my PS3 since its so much slower than the PS4 and I know I could play this via PlayStation Now but I would love at least getting a ps4 port of the game but ideally a new entry.

Great month! I was holding off on buying Until Dawn recently because I just had this feeling that it would be on PS+ soon enough. Glad I was patient.

RocknRola

It's their worst episodic game since they started the whole thing with TWD. You might enjoy it a lot more though if you're a fan of the tv series. There are a few actors and locations from the show and each episode starts with the same theme song. :)

I love the books, I love the show, and I like telltale games...but I really didn't enjoy their GoT game. It's fairly predictable and very difficult to care about the vast majority of the playable characters.

Well, that sucks to hear. After being surprised by the Borderlands game I was kinda hoping this one was decent :p

Ah well, I'll give it a go anyway. No harm in trying it myself.

Brofield

First time I have both games already on PS4.

Either way, I happily recommend both. Truth be told both games are great multiplayer experiences with people shouting out answers and actions

Shin-Ra

Best girl.
I'm quite fond of ol' Cheney.
23367696979_0b2a05ccc7_o.png

WOW!!! Thanks guys. Won't be downloading that then. I'm in Episode 2 of Borderlands and it's good. I still think the first series of The Walking Dead is their best.

Have you tried out Wolf Among Us yet? It's the only Telltale game I was able to beat in a few sittings it was so good.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
If I hate all Telltale games (no exceptions) and all David Cage games (no exceptions) and all QTEs (no exceptions), should I ever bother reactivating my PS+ code for Until Dawn? I can't conceive a universe in which this game would appeal to me and was gonna wait for a better month, but its near-unanimous GAF popularity is almost giving me pause...

If I hate all Telltale games (no exceptions) and all David Cage games (no exceptions) and all QTEs (no exceptions), should I ever bother reactivating my PS+ code for Until Dawn? I can't conceive a universe in which this game would appeal to me and was gonna wait for a better month, but its near-unanimous GAF popularity is almost giving me pause...

It's easily the best of the genre for what it's worth. If you like horror movies or b-movies it's great. It manages to be sufficiently tongue in cheek while also having the best teenager voice acting/writing I've ever come across in a game next to Oxenfree. It also has some classic survival horror/adventure style gameplay with a fixed camera iirc. I beat it in one sitting and I don't like any Cage games and am indifferent to most Telltale games.

Top Bottom