• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ July: Until Dawn and Game of Thrones for PS4

xrnzaaas

That's relieving. I can't stand jump scares. I am fine with gore and stuff though.

It's actually funny but most jumpscares in the game aren't even related to strictly horror moments (you'll get what I mean when/if you'll play it).

There are far scarier games on the PS4. :)

Angry? What are you talking about?

I was asking because my PS+ lapsed and I was wondering if it was worth re-activating. From what I know about the game, no, it's not worth it for me. That's it.

I see. Still not convinced it's worth reactivating my subscription though. I absolutely loathe Telltale-like games.
It isn't like more games won't come, you still seem extreme to me. If you don't play many games nor care about online play then of course you shouldn't get it for one game. I'd like to assume most don't do that anyways so how would I know you'd want to sub just for this game like your suggesting. Which you probably aren't so why make it seem that way

This makes little sense. Could just buy that game for cheaper at some point but your trying too hard to make a point

So which is it, want to sub just for this game or you may catch other games in the full year that you have plus?

Not saying your wrong, you may only play three games a year

Own none of them.

Nice month.

Think you have to wait untill thursday when the PS store updates.

But the rest are free:

BrNJOMy.png

Guess it's a glitch till the server clock hits.

BigEmil

Don't waste your time with the terrible Game of Thrones TT game even if your a massive fan of the series

I'm getting the bug too, has this ever happened on the store before?

Yeah. Once a free game kept showing a price. Only when I clicked on the game to go to it's store page did I see the free download button. But it didn't work this time.

No biggie. We have a month to add it to the library. I don't play most of these games (or even download them) I just add them to my library in case a kid comes over and wants to play some simple games or something.

Ah so this is what it feels like to already own a game that's going on PS+ lol

Welp there's a first time for everything and it couldn't have been a better game. Until Dawn is amazing

RodzTF

Don't waste your time with the terrible Game of Thrones TT game even if your a massive fan of the series

It's really not worth a blast through for fans of the show? Even for the easy platty?

I finished Tales from the Borderlands recently. Whilst the writing was good and interesting world I'm just really fucking bored of Telltale's gameplay design. Every game is literally a reskin/theme of the same chase scene, exploratory section etc. I've learned to never pay for a Telltale game again because of this, but in this case it's free (or part of my plus subscription).

SScorpio

It's really not worth a blast through for fans of the show? Even for the easy platty?

I finished Tales from the Borderlands recently. Whilst the writing was good and interesting world I'm just really fucking bored of Telltale's gameplay design. Every game is literally a reskin/theme of the same chase scene, exploratory section etc. I've learned to never pay for a Telltale game again because of this, but in this case it's free (or part of my plus subscription).

I played through Batman, Tales from the Borderlands, and Game of Thrones back to back earlier this year and a loved all of them.

I think people are butthurt with Game of Thrones because there are no good choices and people die. Which is kinda the whole point to Game of Thrones. On a whole I throught Game of Thrones was much more brutal than the Walking Dead games.

Batman was also a huge surprise. Gameplay isn't as good as the Arkham series, and I'm sure some people hate the lore changes. But if you are a fan of DC "What-If" comics, it's a fun romp.

LakeEarth

Is "Don't Die Mr Robot" okay? Some months, the unknown PS4/Vita game turns out to be my favorite offering (e.g. 10 Second Ninja X).

BigEmil

Tales of the Borderland is widely considered the one of the best TT game while Game of Thrones TT is considered one of the worst i forced myself halfway but still couldn't and dropped it, it was just so meh wasn't enjoying myself while Tales of Borderland was more well playable, if you really need a Plat i guess you should go for it but afaik Game of Thrones TT is pretty long longer than other ones

Hellers

Is "Don't Die Mr Robot" okay? Some months, the unknown PS4/Vita game turns out to be my favorite offering (e.g. 10 Second Ninja X).

I bought the game when it came out on the Vita. IMO it's a really good score attack game. It has two basic modes. An "Arcade" mode and a mode where it's a sequence of levels with different constraints.

In arcade mode the aim is to stay alive and score points. You can't shoot. Instead you run over the fruit that spawns randomly and it explodes killing anything near it including other fruit. The more fruit your detonate at once and the more things that kills the higher you score. It gets faster and harder the longer you stay alive.

A good tactic at the start is to just avoid the enemies until you have masses of fruit on the screen (This is easier early on) and then detonate it all at once.

It was written by two guys in the UK in their spare time and basically sold nothing despite being really, really good.

If I get the GoT Season Pass, I don't need to individually get the other episodes right?

I get an ineligible error when I try and add them to the cart. Wasn't sure if it was bugged or if intended.

LQX

Anyone else cant add anything to their cart? I keep getting an error encountered whenever I try to add anything.

If I get the GoT Season Pass, I don't need to individually get the other episodes right?

I get an ineligible error when I try and add them to the cart. Wasn't sure if it was bugged or if intended.

Yeah, you will. But, I just added the season pass to the cart. When I did that, the PS+ specific "free" icon disappeared from the individual episodes and simply became free. Just like LIS last month, and TFTB the month before, I 100% own GOT now. It's not tied to PS+. However, had I added the individual episodes to the cart before getting the season pass, I don't know if that would've been the case.

If you didn't know, the reason I'm able to own GOT is because the first episode has been offered for free for quite a while. By "owning" that episode, all I needed to do was get the season pass. As dlc/season passes are not tied to PS+, I was able to get the rest of the episodes fully free. However, as I said, this time around, the episodes had the yellow PS+ free icon on them. But, playing it safely, I only downloaded the season pass. The yellow PS+ free icon then disappeared and became the usual gray free icon. At which point, you could then download those episodes.

Also, I sort of wish PSN would let you download PS+ games, even if you have the disc version already (i.e. for me, Until Dawn, LBP3, MGSV:GZ, Injustice: Gods Among Us, and Driveclub PS+ Edition).

Prophane33

Japan PS+ July is live now.

Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4)
Gravity Daze (PS4)
The Unfinished Swan (Vita, PS4, PS3)
Yushashisu. [Hero Must Die] (Vita)
Child of Light (PS4)
@Simple V Series: Vol. 2 The Getaway Highway Full Boost - Nagoya-Tokyo Gekisou 4 Hours (Vita)
Asdivine Hearts (Vita, PS4, PS3)

Also, the usual special theme, and a Gundam Thunderbolt theme!

Godcannon

Downloading Until Dawn for tomorrow, almost forgot about this for a minute there. So many games lately. Can't wait to finally check this out.

bubumiao

I played through Batman, Tales from the Borderlands, and Game of Thrones back to back earlier this year and a loved all of them.

I think people are butthurt with Game of Thrones because there are no good choices and people die. Which is kinda the whole point to Game of Thrones. On a whole I throught Game of Thrones was much more brutal than the Walking Dead games.

Batman was also a huge surprise. Gameplay isn't as good as the Arkham series, and I'm sure some people hate the lore changes. But if you are a fan of DC "What-If" comics, it's a fun romp.

Tales of the Borderland is widely considered the one of the best TT game while Game of Thrones TT is considered one of the worst i forced myself halfway but still couldn't and dropped it, it was just so meh wasn't enjoying myself while Tales of Borderland was more well playable, if you really need a Plat i guess you should go for it but afaik Game of Thrones TT is pretty long longer than other ones
This question is for anybody that knows. As a person who really hasn't watched the show (GoT), by playing this will I be able to get caught up to a certain point in the series (I'm guessing season 6) or is this unrelated to the show? Or will I need to watch the whole series to actually understand?

This question is for anybody that knows. As a person who really hasn't watched the show (GoT), by playing this will I be able to get caught up to a certain point in the series (I'm guessing season 6) or is this unrelated to the show? Or will I need to watch the whole series to actually understand?

You wouldn't actually learn very much about the main narrative of the show at all. They touch on a couple events but its by no means some sort of "catch up". Its mostly a stand alone story just set in the same time frame as the show. A few of the big main characters from the show do make appearances.

I actually really enjoyed it a lot.

Pjsprojects

Japan PS+ July is live now.

Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4)
Gravity Daze (PS4)
The Unfinished Swan (Vita, PS4, PS3)
Yushashisu. [Hero Must Die] (Vita)
Child of Light (PS4)
@Simple V Series: Vol. 2 The Getaway Highway Full Boost - Nagoya-Tokyo Gekisou 4 Hours (Vita)
Asdivine Hearts (Vita, PS4, PS3)

Also, the usual special theme, and a Gundam Thunderbolt theme!

Thanks,will have a look later.

KiraXD

I bought the game when it came out on the Vita. IMO it's a really good score attack game. It has two basic modes. An "Arcade" mode and a mode where it's a sequence of levels with different constraints.

In arcade mode the aim is to stay alive and score points. You can't shoot. Instead you run over the fruit that spawns randomly and it explodes killing anything near it including other fruit. The more fruit your detonate at once and the more things that kills the higher you score. It gets faster and harder the longer you stay alive.

A good tactic at the start is to just avoid the enemies until you have masses of fruit on the screen (This is easier early on) and then detonate it all at once.

It was written by two guys in the UK in their spare time and basically sold nothing despite being really, really good.

So its basically Every Extend Extra?

Peterthumpa

Cross posting from the Until Dawn OT:

What's up with the audio in this game? Voices sound like they're coming from a cheap radio instead of my sound system, while the bass is too heavy. I've found numerous reports of similar issues on Google, so I guess has never been fixed and won't be, right?

It completely kills the mood of the game.

KiraXD

Cross posting from the Until Dawn OT:

What's up with the audio in this game? Voices sound like they're coming from a cheap radio instead of my sound system, while the bass is too heavy. I've found numerous reports of similar issues on Google, so I guess has never been fixed and won't be, right?

It completely kills the mood of the game.

Fuck i thought it was just me until i googled... Yeah what the shit... I cant seem to fix it. i dont have 5.1 or 7.1 or whatever, just tv and some stereo speakers...

Sounds like all voices are coming through an echoey tin can from far away.

Do you die a lot in that?
And yes... Its actually all you do in that game lol. (Its a literal mechanic though so...)

Champloo4

I went to try out Until Dawn last night and it had a little padlock icon next to it on the dashboard. (There was a padlock next to Game of Thrones, too. All my other PS+ games worked just fine.)

I recently upgraded to a Pro and got rid of my launch PS4. I wiped the launch PS4 and did the 'full system initialize' thing that factory restores it. So, it cannot be a license issue.

All my other games (disc and digital) work fine. My login has never changed. But for some reason I cannot get access these 2 new PS+ games.

Any ideas?

KiraXD

I went to try out Until Dawn last night and it had a little padlock icon next to it on the dashboard. (There was a padlock next to Game of Thrones, too. All my other PS+ games worked just fine.)

I recently upgraded to a Pro and got rid of my launch PS4. I wiped the launch PS4 and did the 'full system initialize' thing that factory restores it. So, it cannot be a license issue.

All my other games (disc and digital) work fine. My login has never changed. But for some reason I cannot get access these 2 new PS+ games.

Any ideas?

Did you restore license after downloading those or just after getting your Pro? Because im almost positive thats all it is. Try it again and lemme know what happens.

BFIB

Gonna download Until Dawn and hold of until October to play it. Perfect game for Halloween.

Champloo4

Did you restore license after downloading those or just after getting your Pro? Because im almost positive thats all it is. Try it again and lemme know what happens.

Thanks for the reply! Believe it or not, my Nighthawk router needed a firmware update.
I tried the restore license thing and it kept timing out and giving me a CE-32894-6 error code.

Updating my router fixed everything. No more padlock icons.

Just sharing the details in case anybody else has the same issue someday.

GeoramA

Just finished it and you were right. What a waste of time, plus it made me miss the Amazon prime day glitch.

Think I'm done with Telltale games forever, unless they're free.

Top Bottom