• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ June: Killing Floor 2 and Life is Strange

MaKTaiL

Wow, Killing Floor 2 is awesome. Loved the gameplay. Those final bosses are HAAAARD, even on Normal. I have yet to kill one.

Wow, Killing Floor 2 is awesome. Loved the gameplay. Those final bosses are HAAAARD, even on Normal. I have yet to kill one.

Yup. So so happy this is a freebie

Protip: fucking teamwork. Only way to take down bosses. It may take a while but eventually everyone begins to understand this anday know how important it is to stick together.

Ricker

Is Life is Strange worth playing? I enjoyed TellTale's Walking Dead season 1 and Heavy Rain back in the day...other than that my backlog is full right now and I don't know if I should invest time into Life is Strange is it's too long of a game.

It's better then the 2 games you mention and its free...its not that long and if you like the first episode,you might play it in one or 2 shots lol...go for it.

I can't "buy" Neon Chrome because I bought the Demo for it once. I get this message: "You are not able to purchase this product for the following reason(s):You have already purchased
Neon Chrome"

Is there any fix to this?

MaKTaiL

Are the Killing Floor 2 trophies reachable? Or like a really hard pain in the ass?
I played 3 matches for the first time and got 6 trophies. I took a look at them and they seem pretty easy aside from the ones you have to play on a harder difficulty (but that will come with time and practice).

So, it seems I was right about Life is Strange being actually free if you downloaded the free first episode first. My suggestion: Download the free first episodes of Minecraft: Story Mode, Game of Thrones, and Resident Evil: Revelations 2 just in case those games are offered via PS+ in the future. The other two free first episodes available are Tales from the Borderlands and Life is Strange, but those were offered last month and this month respectively via PS+ (obviously). So, if there is a trend here, perhaps we'll see one of those games I listed above as one of the July games. If not, then maybe eventually.

I can't "buy" Neon Chrome because I bought the Demo for it once. I get this message: "You are not able to purchase this product for the following reason(s):You have already purchased
Neon Chrome"

Hopefully. I can't even download the demo. I thought maybe that would be a workaround. But nope. Still get that message.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Neon Chrome"

Stupid question, but did you try and download the other version of the game (Vita)?

Gator86

The killing floor playerbase is almost 100% what I expected. The amount of times a teammate will run through a door after grabbing a pack of enemies then close it repeatedly behind them, trapping you is all of the time.

BigEmil

The killing floor playerbase is almost 100% what I expected. The amount of times a teammate will run through a door after grabbing a pack of enemies then close it repeatedly behind them, trapping you is all of the time.
What level were they? Likely low experience, people'll learn eventually

I get the same message. I am only allowed to download the demo version of this game 😑
I'm in the same boat. From what I can gather it happened to everyone who download the demo. Maybe contacting Sony to revoke the license would work. However, they blocked my account from live chat and I don't want to call so I can't say for sure.

ironmang

Pretty excited to jump into KF2. Played it some when the early access first dropped on PC and liked it but consoles are where I'm truly comfortable.

Of course that'll have to be tomorrow since PSN saying it'll be 10 hours to download the last 3 gigs LOL.

Nah, Killing Floor has always had an awesome community. There are just a bunch of first time players flooding in right now.

Paertan

Ugh when the Beta released you could weld doors faster than unweld them. So someone would weld the door to the shop closed and no one could get in.

In Killing Floor 1 people would stand in the doorway so people couldn't buy weapons.
A mutator was whitelisted so everyone could pass though each other during shopping.

There are idiots. But the developers are pretty good at dealing with them. Otherwise the community is better than most games. At least on PC. Stick with it. It is sooo worth it.

Killing Floor 2 has got to be the best PS Plus offering for me yet and I've been a subscriber for a long time. I spent about 5 hours yesterday on it and had a blast with randoms. Then later played with a few friends. It's very easy to just pick up and play. Also, I'm not sure if they had this in KF but having a 4 round mode is awesome.

KodaRuss

Killing Floor was pretty fun last night, played through about 5-6 games (a couple 4 round games and a few 10 round games). It is kinda repetitive though, not sure how long I am going to be playing it.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Tried killing floor 2 for 20minutes, deleted it. There's no campaign to this game huh?
Where the Fuck have you been hiding all these years and why didn't it have an internet connection.

KF is an MP focussed zombie killing sim, and has never featured or even hinted at a campaign mode.

You can play solo, if you so choose.

SilentFlyer

Yeah, I got that. It's available. What's the replacement you guys got?

We got Strike Vector EX. Not the game I was looking forward too. It's a bummer that Killing Floor 2 was pulled off from store just few days before it was supposed to be available on PS+.

Murkas

When people are saying the dialogue in Life is Strange is bad, are we talking 13 Reasons Why bad? Because I couldn't stand the characters and the way they talked in that show and stopped after like 2 or 3 episodes.

So I'm on episode 2 right now, the dialogue can be bad at times but nothing major like 13 Reasons Why. As for the game, it's all right, will probably finish it.

KF2 is a hard pass purely because I'm one of those dickheads who can't stand FPS games on a controller.

What is life is strange about?

Just finished episode 1, it's a Telltale style story game about a girl whose life is quite strange.

Mupod

the thing I love about KF is if your team is full of newbies and idiots that just makes it more chaotic and fun. On the lower difficulties one good player can carry if they are the right class.

Now I can only speak for my experience with the PC games, and obviously there's probably a ton of new players on PS4 right now. But if you play on harder modes people tend to be more serious about strategy, sticking together, welding doors etc.

Anyways, glad to see people are enjoying it. I haven't had enough time to put into KF2 on PC myself but I liked what I played of it. Just haven't done the 500+ hours like I did in the original.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Its a pretty easy platinum. Its just a grind for the leveling.

I guess the ones for the highest difficulty settings demand a well-balanced team, right? So it's a hard pass for me.

As a personal note, I really wish PSPlus stopped with the heavy emphasis on multiplayer games. I guess that's only natural when Sony decided to bundle online play with the service...

I guess the ones for the highest difficulty settings demand a well-balanced team, right? So it's a hard pass for me.

As a personal note, I really wish PSPlus stopped with the heavy emphasis on multiplayer games. I guess that's only natural when Sony decided to bundle online play with the service...

ita usually likely that devs/pubs decide they want to put their game on PS+. More often than not it's usually multiplayer games that they want people to try and play since it would make their audience expand exponentially.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Has anyone resolved the issue with Neon Chrome being locked to the demo version with no ability to "purchase" it as free?

Played the Killing Floor tutorial while it finished installing. It plays really well! I'm excited to get into some multiplayer matches later tonight.

KF is canny. Don't mind it for a bit of a time waste and a game you could play in a spare 30mins but long term I can't see it's appeal. XP is slow and the perks on the whole seem a bit disappointing. But not bad.

Ardenyal

Pretty excited to jump into KF2. Played it some when the early access first dropped on PC and liked it but consoles are where I'm truly comfortable.

Of course that'll have to be tomorrow since PSN saying it'll be 10 hours to download the last 3 gigs LOL.

hold down PS button and close background applications. If twitch/spotify/netflix/youtube is running in the background downloads will be painfully slow.

Gator86

What level were they? Likely low experience, people'll learn eventually

Oh yeah, definitely. I mostly meant what the incoming playerbase would look like thanks to the Plus influx and it's mostly unrelenting stupidity. Not a major deal because people will get better over time, but it's hilarious how aggressive people are in their obviously poor plans. It's not rocket science to think, hmmmm maybe I shouldn't slam a door in my teammate's face when there's enemies right there.

Is there depth to the game though? It's definitely fun, but I can see it getting old fast. There doesn't seem to be a lot of mechanics or class growth/customization.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Played the Killing Floor tutorial while it finished installing. It plays really well! I'm excited to get into some multiplayer matches later tonight.
For me this is the key... the analogs are perfection. And this is coming from a PC dev no less! There's no obnoxious acceleration curve, no deadzone, it's just really smooth. Makes the gunplay and everything feel very rewarding.

Reminds me of BFBC2 as far as aiming controls on a gamepad. Perfection, basically.

The game itself is uneven in different ways... but it plays extremely well.

mf luder

I am downloading life is strange but there is no episode 1, just 2-5.
Edit: I see there's an episode 1 free trial. I assume I'm just supposed to download that.

Mossybrew

Gold Member
It's definitely fun, but I can see it getting old fast. There doesn't seem to be a lot of mechanics or class growth/customization.

Kinda what I was thinking after playing five rounds last night. It is fun and I'm looking forward to playing more, just dubious about how long before it starts to feel more repetitive than fun.

Crzy1

Already own Life is Strange and Killing Floor 2 on PC, but this is still the best month for PS+ in recent memory.

Gator86

Kinda what I was thinking after playing five rounds last night. It is fun and I'm looking forward to playing more, just dubious about how long before it starts to feel more repetitive than fun.

Yeah, it's really fun and feels great, but it seems pretty shallow. Like just grind to 30 unlocking a couple perks along the way then keep doing it, I guess? I thought there might be more character building or something.

RedAssedApe

Banned
lol...killing floor bosses...guess you gotta level up. teammates died quick on the boss and before i knew it i was alone and trying to run away

KodaRuss

lol...killing floor bosses...guess you gotta level up. teammates died quick on the boss and before i knew it i was alone and trying to run away

Are you playing on Normal? The only times I died in a few games last night were once when my teammates locked me in a room full of enemies (thanks bros) and two other times when I didnt realize those Sirens were fucking my world up.

mikenoob

Neo Member
For those with neon chrome issues, I had to call customer support. They revoked my demo license and I was able to claim the free game afterwards.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
What's the word on PS4 Pro support for Killing Floor 2?

I know DF did a beta video, but they never did a final video, leaving the final product up in the air...

Top Bottom