• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ June: Killing Floor 2 and Life is Strange

Just an FYI if it hasn't been mentioned. If you plan on downloading Life is Strange be sure to go to the DLC section in game to get all of the episodes. I just finished episode 1 and I had to individually download each. No idea if they will lock after the month is up so make sure you do this.

Toe-Knee

Is the matchmaking completely bust on killing floor or is it me?

I haven't been able to get into a single game.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Just an FYI if it hasn't been mentioned. If you plan on downloading Life is Strange be sure to go to the DLC section in game to get all of the episodes. I just finished episode 1 and I had to individually download each. No idea if they will lock after the month is up so make sure you do this.

Ran into this the other night...you wouldve thought the game would just download all the episodes at once. Love it so far though....on to episode 2 tonite!

JSoup

Banned
Ran into this the other night...you wouldve thought the game would just download all the episodes at once. Love it so far though....on to episode 2 tonite!

Nah, it makes since or is at least typical PSN behavior.
The base game is the first episode and all the connectors for the DLC.
Most PSN games won't just automatically download DLC without being specifically told to.

Briarios

Killing Floor 2 is broken. They're really scraping the barrel with the PS Plus freebies these days.

hahahah ... no.

The game is great, it's well reviewed, and it's one of those games that has actually gotten six of us to log on at the same time to play.

Ettie

Don't own a PS4 yet, screwed?

Neon Chrome, PS Vita (crossbuy with PS4)
Spy Chameleon, PS Vita (crossbuy on PS4)

Games look identical to each other...

...what on earth

they're nothing alike, two different genres and artstyles

the only thing they have in common is having an isometric perspective

nelchaar

KF2 is pretty damn fun. I wish the matchmaking was better. Saw on here lots of good tips to help find a game faster, I will try them out!

Van Bur3n

If Anyone wants a plat, Life IS strange Platinum is Very easy to get with a guide

Hell, you could probably pull it off without a guide. I went through all of the episodes and only missed one collectible with every one except for the last episode. That one you will probably need a guide for.

Toe-Knee

Someone earlier in the thread recommended turning your PS4 off (not rest mode, completely off), waiting a bit, then turning back on. It's worked for me.

I usually turn it off overnight.
Thanks though. Looking at tripwires twitter it seems they know about the issues and are working on them.

pbsapeer

Banned
I usually turn it off overnight.
Thanks though. Looking at tripwires twitter it seems they know about the issues and are working on them.
Go to online play, make a party, press L1/R1 to get back to matchmaking, select games not in progress, us central, search.
🤞🏻

Aselith

Well these Tripwire boys plopped out a real doodie for this month. Nothing finer than a multiplayer game that can't find any fucking games.

Nesther

Well these Tripwire boys plopped out a real doodie for this month. Nothing finer than a multiplayer game that can't find any fucking games.

Make a party (even if you're alone) and then start matchmaking. Works like a charm. Also make sure you're in the correct region.

Since I leveled above 10, I can't join Normal matches anymore, so maybe there's some sort of locking out in place too?

Go to play online, but don't start searching. Create a party. THEN search for games. I find a game within seconds, every single time, every day, any time I do this.

Aselith

Go to play online, but don't start searching. Create a party. THEN search for games. I find a game within seconds, every single time, every day, any time I do this.

I appreciate the advice, no offense to you of course but workarounds are about getting around garbage work.

Also, I did actually try the workaround and sitting on searching here for 5 minutes still with no match forthcoming

Hmm makes me wonder how well KF2 is doing...

This is the kind of S-tier PS+ game that puts a game on the map ala Rocket League.

Side note: If you are having problems finding games switch to other region's servers. Or mess with all the settings Games Not Started/In Progress etc.

I appreciate the advice, no offense to you of course but workarounds are about getting around garbage work.

Also, I did actually try the workaround and sitting on searching here for 5 minutes still with no match forthcoming
You sunuva!! Rassafrazzit! You're right though, workarounds for problems within the game don't make it all right, it just makes it playable. The game still has issues outside of that, and needs to be fixed no matter what. Until then, work around it is! The tedium will get old though, and will make players quit sooner than later most likely

Can anybody give me a quick tldr on what exactly Life Is Strange is? Is it a choose your own adventure type game? Or is it a 3rd person story-driven adventure game? Trying to figure out if it's for me.

Aselith

You sunuva!! Rassafrazzit! You're right though, workarounds for problems within the game don't make it all right, it just makes it playable. The game still has issues outside of that, and needs to be fixed no matter what. Until then, work around it is! The tedium will get old though, and will make players quit sooner than later most likely

Yeah, poorly made network infrastructures has sunk some good products. I remember when Kane and Lynch came out it had one of the more innovative multiplayer setups at the time but you couldn't play it due to matchmaking issues.

Nowadays it's even less acceptable just due to how many high quality online games there are. I feel like the word of mouth from this PS+ month is going to be pretty bad for KF2.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Make sure you set the filter to games that are not starting yet, don't set it into allowing you to join games in progress.

Make a party (even if you're alone) and then start matchmaking. Works like a charm. Also make sure you're in the correct region.

Since I leveled above 10, I can't join Normal matches anymore, so maybe there's some sort of locking out in place too?

Nah, I am level 11/12 on various perks and I can join Normal matches just fine. I often saw people with higher levels than me on Normal matches too.

Aselith

I talked to the witcher woman that lives down by the bog and she told me to spin 4 times and throw a sage branch between my legs before matchmaking and if I didn't hear a grunkle roar I would be in a game within moments so I'm trying that now.

Edit

Alright I applied literally everyone's suggestions and joined a party with no people AND changed the difficulty AND set it to be only new games AND..............

It worked BUT THE FUCKING GAME FROZE as soon as I joined a match

And now Im back in game with those settings back to what they were when I got a match and it's stuck again.
200w.gif

This is kind of amazing actually.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I talked to the witcher woman that lives down by the bog and she told me to spin 4 times and throw a sage branch between my legs before matchmaking and if I didn't hear a grunkle roar I would be in a game within moments so I'm trying that now.

Edit

Alright I applied literally everyone's suggestions and joined a party with no people AND changed the difficulty AND set it to be only new games AND..............

It worked BUT THE FUCKING GAME FROZE as soon as I joined a match

And now Im back in game with those settings back to what they were when I got a match and it's stuck again.
200w.gif

This is kind of amazing actually.

The only setting that I changed is joining game in progress to joining a new game--funnily enough even with this quite often I joined game in progress regardless, lol.

When I first tried the matchmaking I got freezes too, but now I can join matches just fine and always quickly as well.

lord pie

Sorry for the thread bump ;

I have to say, of all the games this month I'm surprised that I keep coming back to Neon Chrome. If you like twin stick shooters then I highly recommend grabbing it while it's still free on PS4 (haven't tried the vita version).

The game has a *boat load* of issues (balance, lack of content, etc). But there is something immensely cathartic about how brutal it is. It's a rare game where they really nailed the ability to have fun playing with the A.I, luring and flanking them, blowing them up through walls, etc.

It's like a budget Hotline Miami, but playing as Judge Dredd. :)

I've just unlocked overseer 5.0.

shmoglish

Had my second and third match of Kf2 with friends yesterday and yeah, game is fun as hell (and all of us suck 😎).Do I get same amount of money every round when I start a 4 wave game?

Flipyap

I have to say, of all the games this month I'm surprised that I keep coming back to Neon Chrome. If you like twin stick shooters then I highly recommend grabbing it while it's still free on PS4 (haven't tried the vita version).

The game has a *boat load* of issues (balance, lack of content, etc). But there is something immensely cathartic about how brutal it is. It's a rare game where they really nailed the ability to have fun playing with the A.I, luring and flanking them, blowing them up through walls, etc.

Seconded. There's a really fun, well-designed game in there if you can look past its dreadful visuals. At the same time, it's surprisingly good at evoking that kitschy '80s cyberpunk feel, better than most "cyberpunk" games.

The Vita version runs poorly and has lesser enemy density, making it noticeably easier (though also more playable with Vita's sticks). The performance is a huge bummer, this could have been a perfect Vita game.

Paertan

Had my second and third match of Kf2 with friends yesterday and yeah, game is fun as hell (and all of us suck 😎).Do I get same amount of money every round when I start a 4 wave game?

You get money from a lot of different things. Killing zombies, healing other players or welding doors. You get a set amount for each wave if you die or join late.

Enjoying Killing Floor 2 a lot. I've already beaten LiS on PC but would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a telltale-style adventure game to play (opinions on Telltale games are irrelevant in this matter, just explaining the core gameplay loop).

Started ranking up a Demolitionist in KF2, rank 15 already. That starting pistol is like a shotgun-pistol the way it spreads.

WITHE1982

Killing Floor 2 really surprised the hell outa me. I'm normally not interested in MP hoard mode games but this proved to be excellent. I racked up my 25th victory last night and at level 16 I'm completely dominating with my Swat build (still a bit scared of moving up to hard though)

It's strange how forgiving (plain broken at times) the aim assist is. I'm getting 350 headshots and 300+ kills consistently and the weapon handling is fantastic. Probably some of the best gunplay I've experienced in a long while. Using short bursts on my Kriss rifle feels so, so good.

edit: forgot the reason I was posting in the first place... so games for July announced tomorrow?

3Dprinted

Neo Member
I just noticed that games in the monthly collection were automatically purchased for me - is this a new PS PLUS feature? I hope so!!!
Anyone else?

KORNdoggy

it was the one i was looking forward to most when the games were revealed and it hasn't disappointed despite coming straight from alienation.

it's a very fun game. gets hard as nails very quickly early on but i think that's the point. it wants you to grind through your player characters to earn money to upgrade everything as a whole so you fare better going into the fight next time. i really like its premise. i like it's seemingly randomly generated levels, i like it's upgrade system and how surprisingly tactical you have to be. well worth checking out.

Top Bottom