• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ March (Tearaway Unfolded, Disc Jam, Severed)

True Fire

Why aren't they giving away clearance games like Until Dawn,
Knack
, or The Order yet? They're on sale every month for 5 dollars, you might as well entice people to play them

Agent X

I've got Tearaway Unfolded already, which is good stuff. Disc Jam looks like fun, and I've heard great things about Severed.

Do I want to play Tearaway Unfolded if I wasn't left wanting more by Tearaway on Vita?

Maybe. It's got some differences from the Vita game, many of which are obvious right from the beginning. Play for at least 20 minutes, and then you should be able to decide if you want to keep going with it.

Here's a Pro Tip for Tearaway Unfolded... you can use the Playstation app on your phone/tablet as your camera and writing surface, so you don't have to use the touchpad for everything. It makes the game WAY better.

This is good advice. The PS Vita system is also supported for these functions.

III-V

Great news, I have been wanting to play teraway but haven't gotten around to picking it up. No excuse now.

WITHE1982

Hey, why you ignoring Edf and Under Night? Every single game this month is quality. Reminds me of ps3 era PS+.

Wasn't really ignoring them. They both look great fun, it's just I've never played either so couldn't really say first hand what they are like.

Still a fantastic month.

m@cross

Got Severed on sale last month, but having played it to about 80%, I don't regret it. The game is really good and maybe will go down as the best VITA game for the end of the systems cycle. Play it and enjoy it. Sure it isn't really difficult, but it is engaging and fun.

Played Tearaway on VITA, charming game. It should be worth playing on the 4, particularly if you like this type of game.

Disc Jam... looks AWESOME, can't wait. Is it similar to Wind Jammers? Played that for the first time last month at an arcade, really fun!

Lumo.. not for me probably, but the wife will probably like it.

tzare

This month there is a sale, you can get 1 month of PS+ for 0,99€. So you may as well get it to play Tearaway Unfolded.

Where can i find this sale? Or is it only for non subscribers?

edit. found it but unavailable to buy if already a subscriber

Elephant

Neo Member
Great line-up, but they'll be gathering dust in my library for the foreseeable future, which isn't a bad thing.

Erasus

wow PS3 getting shit on, thanks Sony

It has a huge backlog of amazing games and we get earth defence force and some anime fighter

fvng

y75woftcqvs4aktzg.jpg

for a game so lambasted by people its amazing how many people low key want it for free

closeted knack fans

VLiberty

PS+ continuing the trend of making games free after I buy them (Severed).

Just going to stop supporting indies.

you can often see which one are going to be free. Severed for instance had it written all over it. Drinkbox games are very "plus friendly"
just like you could see Day of the tentacle coming after every DF game hit PS+. or any Curve Studios game. or, to a lesser extent, Devolver's games.

games like Axiom Verge or Shovel Knight, on the other hand, are hardly coming to PS+ as the devs have made it very clear that they're not going to be freebies

edit: also remember: if the dev/publisher is giving a lot of keys for giveaways(either directly or through other sites) during the launch days, that game is 90% going to be free
every game I got (or I tried to get) through code giveaways ended up on PS+ around 6 months after

5taquitos

Sony are contemplating reducing the number of monthly PlayStation Plus games handed out to PS3/Vita owners. The previous wording said "Get two games a month, every month, on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita", whereas the current text reads "Get two PS4 games every month to download and play as long as you're a member." Before they can do that--should they wish to pursue that avenue--they must meet their obligation to the users who subscribed on the original premise, by offering PS3/Vita games for a period of 12 months after the word change, which they have. This move will help them raise the quality of the PS4 game offerings.

01: Raise the quality of the PS4 offerings
02: Reduce the PS3 count to 1 monthly game
03: If okay, goto 04; if met by vile abuse, delay
04: Futher reduce PS3 and Vita offerings to 0
05: Continue to raise the quality of PS4 offerings

I hope this is true, your line of thinking seems to make a lot of sense. Do you know how many months ago the verbage changed?

Sony are contemplating reducing the number of monthly PlayStation Plus games handed out to PS3/Vita owners. The previous wording said "Get two games a month, every month, on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita", whereas the current text reads "Get two PS4 games every month to download and play as long as you're a member." Before they can do that--should they wish to pursue that avenue--they must meet their obligation to the users who subscribed on the original premise, by offering PS3/Vita games for a period of 12 months after the word change, which they have. This move will help them raise the quality of the PS4 game offerings.

01: Raise the quality of the PS4 offerings
02: Reduce the PS3 count to 1 monthly game
03: If okay, goto 04; if met by vile abuse, delay
04: Futher reduce PS3 and Vita offerings to 0
05: Continue to raise the quality of PS4 offerings

I usually love the Vita games they put on Plus. I hope this doesn't happen

They can ditch the PS3 at this point, I never turn mine on.

But they better never take my Vita games away (even though most months they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel with their selections)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
This month is pretty ace. I kind of don't think Disc Jam is gonna be "the next Rocket League", but it could quite possibly do really well. And I've been wanting to play Tearaway, but never pulled the trigger.

I really need to buy PS Vita.

Man, I have a huge library of games for that console at this point, and I've never owned one. I keep adding them all to my library every month because, you know, maybe one day? But nah, it's not gonna happen. I won't stop getting the games though.

Knack
, or The Order yet? They're on sale every month for 5 dollars, you might as well entice people to play them

Both games have been given away for free with 12 month subs in Asian PSN regions I believe.

They've now moved onto Bloodborne too.

Granted I'd have only *probably* bought a few of these, two of which if they were on sale, but that's a £80+ saving this month on that lot! Not bad.

karma2578

Disc Jam refuses to load after company credits on my ps4 Pro. I'm on the beta build 4.50, anyone else have this problem?

Disc Jam refuses to load after company credits on my ps4 Pro. I'm on the beta build 4.50, anyone else have this problem?

Just had this issue and my entirr ps4 crashed and turned off. Scary.

Also wow god tearaway is so good. Im so ashamed i didnt support it and pray sony gives us another

karma2578

Just had this issue and my entirr ps4 crashed and turned off. Scary.

Also wow god tearaway is so good. Im so ashamed i didnt support it and pray sony gives us another

Yup fails to load and when you try to close application it just stalls on black screen and you have to unplug and power back up. Works fine on 4.07 though

Knack

They should have Until Dawn as a PS+ download during Halloween season.

Top Bottom