• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ May Deals ("another awesome month")

Great that SotN and Chronicles are up, but would like to see an across the board Konami sale so I could pull the trigger on MGS.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Awesome, awesome month.

Just in the last month and this one I'll have got:

Silent Hill
Trine 2
Need for Speed Shift,
Max Payne

All for free. Sony are knocking it out of the park.

Here's hoping they start doing some nice Vita money off promos soon.

Whoa, what? I had no idea Max Payne was on PSN or free for Plus.

I was always interested how that Journey thing packed out for Sony, that's to say how many extra Plus subscriptions they got that week compared to normal subscription rates in that time period.

Hero

Wow. Alright, I think I finally have to pull the trigger. Just saw the current month promotions and figured I should jump on these too.

Is there anywhere to get PS+ codes for cheaper than what the PSN Store offers? I used to see codes on eBay a lot but I'm not seeing more than one result for it right now.

Mario007

Yes but since February PSN+ was awesome deal and I'm happy I payed subscription. But before that it generally sucked :)

I would actually say that since December it has been delivering. Just picking the big games from each month we've got Tomb Raider Underworld, Back to the Future, Far Cry, Sly, Trine2, NFS and now this month. It certainly has quite a momentum for the past half a year.

KongRudi

Banned
I think it's something like this it works.

Pretty sure that developers still get paid for each person who click on the Buy, even tough price-tag says 'free' that month, if you have a PSN+ license.
Sony do probably waver all their store-fees and bandwith-fees.
The devs might not get as much as if the person didn't have a plus sign bought it tough, because Sony probably get's a deal for buying in 'bulk' or something when they are the ones who pay.

Also I think that the publishers who sign up for price-drops for plus-members, get a store-discount from Sony, matching the publishers own discount in percentage. :-/

An exclusive item for plus-members, is most likely a product bought outright for whatever is leftover.

I think Sony spends maybe all the membership-fees and perhaps even more, assuming they make more money on customers seeing something else they like in the store, and buys that aswell when they first are in PSN-store.

Sony get more consumer buisness.
Publishers get's their product placed in a store-part wich many people check, and more consumers.
Devs may get a bonus, depending on their deal with the publisher,
Consumers get more games, for a small fee on a yearly basis.

If this is the case, I think this is a win-win scenario and a smart buisness-model for everyone involved -consumers, devs, publishers and Sony. :)

ZenaxPure

Is there any way to pick and choose what PS+ auto downloads? I really enjoy how it will download patches/firmware updates and the like but find the fact it keeps downloading betas automatically, annoying (I've had no interesting in playing either of the betas offered over the past few months).

CatPee

Is there any way to pick and choose what PS+ auto downloads? I really enjoy how it will download patches/firmware updates and the like but find the fact it keeps downloading betas automatically, annoying (I've had no interesting in playing either of the betas offered over the past few months).

Turn off Auto Download, then turn it on again. It'll present you with a list of stuff you can allow for download.

lucius

Turn off Auto Download, then turn it on again. It'll present you with a list of stuff you can allow for download.

Just looked at this and all boxes were checked but it has never auto downloaded a beta for me, even though I have downloaded pretty much all the beta games offered, didn't play them much though.

Mithos

Just a question, my PS+ expires in august 6/8-2012, if I go into PS store now and buy a 1 year code again for PS+ will it add ontop of the current PS+ subscription prolonging it to 6/8-2013?

Just wanna make sure I'm doing it correctly ;P

Carl

Just a question, my PS+ expires in august 6/8-2012, if I go into PS store now and buy a 1 year code again for PS+ will it add ontop of the current PS+ subscription prolonging it to 6/8-2013?

Yup, subscriptions stack

Just a question, my PS+ expires in august 6/8-2012, if I go into PS store now and buy a 1 year code again for PS+ will id add ontop of the current PS+ subscription prolonging it to 6/8-2013?

Yup, it stacks. Might want to wait for more confirmation, but I'm 99.9% sure they do stack.

^ Confirmation get.

Carl

Ok, thanks (it stacked), something I noticed though all freebies still say they expire at 6/8-2012 and not 6/8-2013. Bug or it will update in a few days?

Think it stays like that. But if you boot it up after your sub would have ran out, it updates itself. Or something.

You know what? I have no idea how it works.

Mithos

Think it stays like that. But if you boot it up after your sub would have ran out, it updates itself. Or something.

You know what? I have no idea how it works.

Deleted and re-downloaded a small freebie, and re-installed it, date updated itself to 6/8-2013

UPDATE:
All I had to do really to fix the dates, was to start downloading the FREEBIES, and cancel the download, and the date corrected itself to the NEW expiration date.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Deleted and re-downloaded a small freebie, and re-installed it, date updated itself to 6/8-2013

UPDATE:
All I had to do really to fix the dates, was to start downloading the FREEBIES, and cancel the download, and the date corrected itself to the NEW expiration date.
I used to think that was necessary but all you have to do is launch a game and it'll update the expiry date to the new one.

Mithos

I used to think that was necessary but all you have to do is launch a game and it'll update the expiry date to the new one.

That was the first thing I tried, maybe it works as in it updates the dates after a while, but I started 3 of the FREEBIES, and none updated the dates after quitting them and checking dates.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Not surprised. This will only get worse the more they put up new titles for 100% and the number of subscribers rises.

Good news for Sony, but potentially bad news for developers hoping to make a profit on their service.
I don't think you have a clue on how this works for both ends. Too bad MSFT doesn't do what Sony is doing with the subscription revenue.

Raonak

Banned
holy shit.

these last few 3 months have been quite amazing.
only downside is that my backlog is getting bigger than ever.

also...vita stuff please. :(

Top Bottom