• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus May 2017 ( Tales from the Borderlands and ABZU)

jennetics

Dumb question, does the Tales from the Borderlands game include all the episodes? Or is it just like episode 1 or something?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw on the blog post

First up: Tales from the Borderlands, a five-part episodic series from the experts at Telltale Games. Set in the unforgiving world of Pandora after the events of Borderlands 2, follow the journey of Rhys and Fiona as they are thrown together to recover a fortune they both believe is theirs.

Good month. Abzu is great but not really worth the asking price so it's good to have it here, and I've been meaning to check out TFTB but I don't wanna support telltale or gearbox so this is a good excuse.
Personally enjoyed Abzu as much as Journey, I found them pretty much the same game. The amount of fish on screen at once is crazy in some scenes. Very relaxing game, lovely OST.

I wish I could have Abzu over Tales of the Borderlands, but Alienation seems interesting

Alienation is mad fun, especially the final, final stage that you can keep replaying for strong weapons.

Loved it. I'm happier with Abzu only because I already own Alienation, but you're getting a great game regardless.

Zach

I'll give Alienation a shot with my fam. Could be fun.

And Tales from the Borderlands is fantastic. Glad more folks will be able to give it a go.

Edit: Oh, I guess I don't get Alienation. Lame.

Ambient80

Tales from the Borderlands is incredible, check it out folks.

Really?! I swear I remember a bunch of people saying it was awful, I must be thinking of another one of their games.

I'll pick it up tonight, tho. Err, by tonight I mean when it hits PS+ lol

Eh, tales of the borderlands isnt so bad but i own it on pc already, abzu on the other hand is an easy pass for me. Basically another weak month yet again for me

Why is Abzu an easy pass? It's a fantastic game with incredible music that can be done in 3-4 hours. Super great.

Already have both but great month for those that dont.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Tales of Borderlands is easily TellTale's best effort in the last few years but the game is super cheap now. Underwhelming month.

Catvoca

Banned
I actively disliked the Borderlands universe going into it but goddamn Tales From The Borderlands is good. The best Telltale game by far, be sure to try it out.

SxP

Guess I'm happy with Alienation over Abzu, because Abzu is very short. And I've heard good things about both games.

Kalor

I've been meaning to pick up the rest of Tales from the Borderlands and Alienation so this is a good month. Better than the last few.

NewDust

I already own Abzû, so getting Alienation instead is great. But it is weird to see NA and PAL territories diverge again.

Why is Abzu an easy pass? It's a fantastic game with incredible music that can be done in 3-4 hours. Super great.

Already have both but great month for those that dont.
Because it looks beyond boring to me, thats why. I got it from humble bundle on pc and have no interest in ever even putting it on my hard drive

Thank goodness they switched up the US game to Abzu, didn' t play much of the first game of that type honestly (regarding alination) made well, but eh not that great to me overall.

Already own Borderlands but it's pretty good... feels a bit more like Halo this time around with the gravity jumps.

I got mixed up with the pre sequel, actually not sure if I own tales of the borderlands or not but I have yet to play one of these tt games ta all.. maybe can like them.

nynt9

Personally enjoyed Abzu as much as Journey, I found them pretty much the same game. The amount of fish on screen at once is crazy in some scenes. Very relaxing game, lovely OST.

No I think Abzu is fantastic, but it's way too short for the asking price for my taste and I was slightly disappointed after finishing it. I know a few friends who wanted it but didn't want to pay the price for it so it's good to have it here.

whalesex

Neo Member
The first month in which I own both PS4 titles. These are great games for sure, but a bummer I'm not getting anything :(

BHK3

Banned
Total horseshit I get another GOD DAMN INDIE instead of an arcade shooter made by masters. There hasn't been a US/EU in forever and the one time it happens it involves something I like. What the Hell

Matticers

Tales is great but it has been on sale so many times before. I'd imagine most people who were really interested in trying it have already bought it. So that sucks for us but I guess that's how it goes with PS+.

febLey

Tales from the Borderlands and Alienation are dope, unfortunately I already own both.
But at least my friends can get Alienation now and play coop with me <3

Top Bottom