• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus May 2017 ( Tales from the Borderlands and ABZU)

Total horseshit I get another GOD DAMN INDIE instead of an arcade shooter made by masters. There hasn't been a US/EU in forever and the one time it happens it involves something I like. What the Hell

Alienation is an Indie too

Just saying

LiK

Tales is one of the best games Telltale has ever made. The story is still the best. Don't dawdle on it.

Morts

Abzu is so good.

I'm excited to try Tales from the Borderlands. It's been a while since I installed a PS Plus game.

seabass0

This thread has been a rollercoaster of emotions.

I'm in NA. Alienation is so good but I was admittedly a bit bummed b/c I already own it. I don't own Abzu but have been meaning to buy it for weeks now. This definitely works out in my favor.

Also, really excited to try Tales from the Borderlands. I kind of promised myself I was done with Telltale games, but I've heard such good things about this one.

oti

Banned
Not a fan of Borderland's humour but since this is free and people really like this game I'll try it.

Last TT game I played was the Wolf.

I'm happy with that. I've almost purchased Alienation so many times but never pulled the trigger. I've so many games in my backlog I'm not sure if I ever got round to purchasing tales from the Borderlands during one of the many sales or not.

Bladelaw

Alienation is a really fun game I'm glad more folks will get to play it. It's much more like an ARPG (Diablo-esque) than their other works and you can run each level multiple times. The enemies scale with you to a point. Eventually you hit a balance between the right weapons and the power of the enemies you face. Sometimes bad luck will hose you for a while and you won't find a solid upgrade for what seems like too long. The multiplayer is really fun doing the UFO and Ark ship runs. I never had a proper crew to run with but I played with randos and had a great time all the same.

Also since every time Alienation gets brought up I need to point out the trophy for getting a 12 slot legendary weapon (and fully upgrading it with the best gems) is bullshit. I've got ~150 hours in the game and never had one drop.

Ventara

Yes! Abzu and Tales from the Borderlands? I've almost bought those two games since they were so cheap. Glad I held off.

hydruxo

Good games, but I already own both. Bummer.

Abzu was a little disappointing to me though. Gorgeous game and amazing soundtrack but that's really about it. Still, worth a playthrough since it's short.

Ludens

Banned
Good line-up, but as I wrote other times, if you are a PC players you probably already played 90% of the Plus offer. I think all May titles were bundled in the past, excluding Alienation but including Abzu.

Griss

Huh, both Abzu and Alienation were games I was hoping would come to the service, but I kinda wish we got Abzu instead.

That said, any month where I get at least one game I'd like to play is a big win these days.

LakeEarth

Can't lie, I would've rather had Alienation then Abzu.

How are the Vita/PS4 cross-buy games? Last month, 10 Second Ninja was a surprise hit for me.

Gurish

I always cry about Plus but this month is actually pretty good for a change.

(Both EU and US even though I personally prefer ABZU)

robotrock

Banned
Abzu is a cool Journey-like experience but it doesn't bring anything new to the table and I walked away ultimately getting nothing out of it. Looked and sounded nice though

Catvoca

Banned
Blood Knights - 43% metacritic
Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants - 54% metacritic

giphy.gif

Sony really has given up on the PS3 offerings

Played both PS4 games already, but I'm glad other subscribers who haven't get to enjoy them.

Tales from the Borderlands is surprisingly great, with legit great comedy and a charming cast. I say that having never played any of the main Borderlands games, too, so don't worry about the humor being off-putting if you're not a fan.

ABZU left me cold, and I say that with Journey being a personal top 10 game. It looks amazing, don't get me wrong, and there are cool moments, but it tries so hard to be Journey/Flower 2.0 without having any of the innovation or soul that those two games have. If you haven't played Journey and/or Flower, then ABZU will probably be a novel experience worth having.

Intel_89

I have the two big games of the month and they're both great. I guess I'll have Laser Disco Defenders and Type Rider to play on my Vita.

A_Dang

With that being the case, this is the first time I have already owned both PS4 Games being offered on +. :(

Same here.

As people have mentioned: Don't sleep on Tales, its my second favorite Telltale season after season 1 of TWD.
I did not find it very funny (if at all), but it managed to make some characters in the Borderlands universe not 100% grating and actively annoying, which is a major feat. Even if Borderlands "humor" isn't your thing, give it a shot. it's not nearly as bad as the Borderlands games are.

Abzu was a bit of a disappointment, but I do not regret buying it day 1(ish), still worth a chill play through if you haven't already.

Gurish

Blood Knights - 43% metacritic
Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants - 54% metacritic

giphy.gif

Sony really has given up on the PS3 offerings

I thought that Sony has a rule that only a 7+ game on MC can be qualified?

They should stop the program for the PS3 if this is what they offer it's really embarrassing.

Excellent pair of games, although I own them both. TFTB might be the best Telltale game yet; everyone should play it even if (like me) you don't normally buy their games.

Top Bottom