• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita 1.65 FW coming soon

Victory Road works already. What's this about dual sticks?

Why do some mini's work and not others? My SNK minis work but not the others I've tried.

If you hold your finger on the touch screen while playing, you can map the face buttons to the second analog.

EDIT: Yeah, it's not showing up. When you got it working, which firmware were you on? And did you copy from the PS3?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
It was up but then pulled by Sony. No idea why.
It's because of a technical fault. I already updated a few hours ago, and if my Vita dies then there'll be hell to pay.

jk

PS Vita system software update 1.65 has been taken down temporarily due to a technical fault. For any customers who may have already downloaded the firmware, they can continue as normal. We will notify you once the latest system software update is available to download again.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/04/03/ps-vita-system-software-update-1-65/

T-0800

If you hold your finger on the touch screen while playing, you can map the face buttons to the second analog.

EDIT: Yeah, it's not showing up. When you got it working, which firmware were you on? And did you copy from the PS3?

I didn't know that. Thanks. Just tried it but I'm not sure what I should be mapping. Is it possilbe to make it like a twin stick shooter? I don't see how.

My SNK minis work and I downloaded them straight from PSN to my vita. My other minis don't work. I'm downloading from the Aus PSN but I don't see how that would make a difference.

Number45

I didn't know that. Thanks. Just tried it but I'm not sure what I should be mapping. Is it possilbe to make it like a twin stick shooter? I don't see how.
For PSP games running on the Vita? You should map the PSP face buttons to the right stick movements:

Triangle = Up
Circle = Right
Cross = Down
Square = Left

so that means 1.66 FW is next already?
I think when this has happened in the past they've just re-uploaded with the same version number.

Oppo

Ah, came in to see what was up with that firmware... kinda glad I didn't snag it yet. thanks GAF thread

Adding to a blogpost I linked here earlier, I made some mock-ups to illustrate some of the changes I'd love to see in the Vita's OS:

Wifi / 3G switches on the Quick Settings screen

quicksettings_playstation_vita_by_caemgen.png

Bundled items in the game/app feeds
You know those lists you can see when scrolling down an app or game's Live Screen, right?
Wouldn't it be great if similar items got bundled automatically so the feed would remain short and tidy?

bundled_feed_updates_playstation_vita_by_caemgen.png

Tabs in the game/app feed
In addition to the previous suggestion, a way to quickly switch between different types of updates using tabs would be great!

tabbed_feed_playstation_vita_by_caemgen.png

yurinka

How do you get PS+ minis to work?
There are some Minis that are still not compatible, but you can copy them direcly from your Ps3. But these ones won't work.

Instead of doing this, go to your PSN downloads Vita list. There should appear all the games you downloaded in PS3. The ones compatible with Vita will have a 'download' button and will work.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
There are some Minis that are still not compatible, but you can copy them direcly from your Ps3. But these ones won't work.

Instead of doing this, go to your PSN downloads Vita list. There should appear all the games you downloaded in PS3. The ones compatible with Vita will have a 'download' button and will work.
None of my minis have a download button

Eusis

People getting Where Is My Heart REALLY need to specify where they live. Or rather what region their accounts are for.

Cartman86

Banned
Adding to a blogpost I linked here earlier, I made some mock-ups to illustrate some of the changes I'd love to see in the Vita's OS:

Wifi / 3G switches on the Quick Settings screen

quicksettings_playstation_vita_by_caemgen.png

Bundled items in the game/app feeds
You know those lists you can see when scrolling down an app or game's Live Screen, right?
Wouldn't it be great if similar items got bundled automatically so the feed would remain short and tidy?

bundled_feed_updates_playstation_vita_by_caemgen.png

Tabs in the game/app feed
In addition to the previous suggestion, a way to quickly switch between different types of updates using tabs would be great!

tabbed_feed_playstation_vita_by_caemgen.png

Oh god yes this. These are exactly the things I'm constantly thinking when I'm using my Vita.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Is there an update that assigns functions to the buttons? I'm tired of doing literally everything with the touchscreen, while the buttons sit there doing nothing. Copy, paste, highlight, shifting tabs, anything.

C_H_T

updated again, what changed?

UPDATE:Sony has now detailed a number of other minor changes in the latest update, listed below:
The [System Music] setting in Settings > [Sound & Display] now affects BGM in PS Store, near and Sign-Up screens as well as the Home menu.
When searching for location data, users now have the option to 'Retry' and 'Cancel' when a failure occurs.
A progress bar is introduced for application installation.
A direct link to PlayStation Store is made available for new applications that users may discover on near.
Users can now update data at any time within near, provided they are within the same location.
The display time of notification alerts has been reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.
Functional improvements have been made in the following games and applications: Unit 13, Gravity Daze, near.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-04-sony-releases-playstation-vita-firmware-v1-66

Just did the update - almost freaked out at first, because the first time it tried to install, I got an error message. No issues after the second attempt though.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
As long as those alert notifications come in a little faster then I can live with that. The auto sleep to 10 minutes is on now though. Let's hope we can see a more substantial upgrade by E3. I updated last night and then I get up to check settings and have another one. No problem. I just got super fast 40 down 5 up internet. Fast when compared to the 3mb connection I was on before. Now I get 4.7MB a second downloads on Steam!

It's good downloads now continue when you manually put your Vita to sleep. I just downloaded a Quick Look that way and I even got a notification when the DL finished. Should have been that way from day one, but it's good to have it now.

Shikoro

It seems that they added icons in the start screen next to the notifications; now it looks a little bit more appealing. Too bad I forgot to PS Start it...

Gustav

Banned
Have there been any PSP games added to the VITA catalogue since release? If so, did Sony communicate it or do we have to find out ourselves?

Rootbeer

Banned
Still no minis... still no PSOne... still lots of compatible PSP games not listed on the PSV store (how hard can that be to fix, honestly!?) Only one retail game coming in April and it's a port... May looking no better unless you dig Resistance, which personally I do not... Finally, in June there's Gravity Rush, LEGO Batman 2 and Little Big Planet, assuming none get delayed...oh, and a little show called E3. June is do or die for the PSVita since we know very little about upcoming games after that. o_O

Top Bottom