• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita 1.65 FW coming soon

Chris_C

Gemüsepizza;36594217 said:
Unlikely. Microsoft bought Skype a while ago afaik.

Skype has been confirmed for Vita multiple times. On one of last month's PS podcasts it was mentioned that the Skype guys were still working on it.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Was a "nothing special" update going by just the official changelog.

Pretty great update with all the stealth discoveries and Near fix.

Hope PSX is next.

Chris_C

Sony dicking around with the PS1 support is freaking annoying.

It makes absolutely no sense how the PSP can support it, PS3, PS2, and phones based off of the very same architecture as the PSV can play PS1 games, but PSV can't.

ridic.

I imagine this has more to do with re-certification than it does the hardware's ability to run the games.

Eusis

Blah. I do want trophies, don't want friends. Crappy.
You could turn on airplane mode as a partial remedy.
Okay Sony, I've been asking this, as many other, for 10 billions years now.

Turn off partial notification.

exemple : friend off, messages on, trophy on
This is what ALL OF THEM need to do. Steam needs it, Xbox needs it, Sony DEFINITELY needs it. It's exasperating how for all three it's all or nothing (or all or trophies only for the PS3).

Okay, so I guess the update rolls out in batches.

I'll just wait until tomorrow afternoon or something. Thinking about picking up the MotorStorm RC DLC.

Yjynx

Most already said here.

Andriasang

■Toggle notifications on and off from the sound and display settings menu. If on, the system will alert you when new stuff arrives.

■You can set Auto Standby to 10 minutes

■When you have new activities, the game's Live Arena area will show this via an orange arrow.

■Bug fixes for Unit 13 and Dynasty Warriors Next

■Depending on the language, you can double tap shift to set the input to caps lock. To cancel caps lock, press shift once more.

Roxas

I wish they would give an option to what notifications you can turn on/off. For example I would like to keep my trophy notifications, but not every time a friend signs in

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
I want Å Ä Ö (a,a,o with dots/circle on top) in the main keyboard screen, not behind some menu. Otherwise writing nordic letters becomes a chore.

Ardenyal

I want Å Ä Ö (a,a,o with dots/circle on top) in the main keyboard screen, not behind some menu. Otherwise writing nordic letters becomes a chore.

Yeah, I was half expecting this to be fixed when I saw they added cruise control support.

No but seriously, where the PS1 support at?

I'm still expecting that to be taken up only when PS Suite goes live. That may take a while, but then they can do it so that a PS One title is immediately playable on all PS Suite devices not just Vita, and they can look at how they want to do the purchase linking in the PSN Store with the new PS Suite versions.

I could be wrong, but if I'm right, you probably still have some months to go.

Since this update was relatively minor, I'm expecting that perhaps they addressed some security stuff (we'll see if Motorstorm: Artic Edge goes back up soon) and perhaps some stuff for PS Suite, which goes into public beta this month (or should at any rate - will download instantly when true)

EDIT: read this on Eurogamer in the comments:

it looks like sony pulled the update. their german twitter-account wrote that the update won't be released today. those who already updated their vita will have to install another soon

ps: it fixed the minis issue

Ardenyal

Did you try re-downloading them? I had the same problem with 'The Impossible Game' and it came down on the second attempt.

Couldn't download at all, got redirected to my download list:

6895383636_2f3eff66ab_b.jpg

Chesskid1

Banned
people on gamefaqs are saying that the update broke adhoc (can't play monster hunter with another PSP for example) and sony pulled the update. i couldn't update either.

Top Bottom