• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita AUS/NZ Launch Thread (Games, Accessory Pricing)

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
With just under 3 weeks to go I thought I'd create this for the smaller market in the Pacific. List of games are from http://nz.playstation.com/psvita/games/ and www.mightyape.co.nz

Released 23rd February 2012 (PSN only = Download. No retail version available)

Army Corps of Hell
Asphalt: Injection
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Dynasty Wars Next
Escape Plan PSN only
Everybody's Golf® (Hot Shots in Jap/US)
F1 2011™
Fifa Football
Gravity Rush PSN only
Hustle Kings PSN only
Little Deviants™
Lumines™: Electronic Symphony
Michael Jackson The Experience
ModNation™ Racers: Road Trip
MotorStorm™ RC PSN only
Putty Squad
Rayman® Origins
Reality Fighters™
RIDGE RACER™
Shinobido 2 Revenge of Zen
Super Stardust™ Delta PSN only
Top Darts™ PSN only
TOUCH MY KATAMARI™
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom® 3
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Virtua Tennis™ 4: World Tour Edition
WipEout® 2048

Launch Window - Due March 2012

All Blacks Rugby Challenge
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 2
Sound Shapes
Supremacy MMA
Unit 13

Console price and accessory [retail] pricing (Official Accessories Only)

Product Name - Price in AUD and NZD

PS Vita Wifi $349.95/$449.95
PS Vita Wifi + 3G $419.95/$549.95
4GB Memory Card PlayStation Vita $29.99/$39.95
8GB Memory Card PlayStation Vita $49.99/$59.95
16GB Memory Card PlayStation Vita $69.99/$84.95
Starter Pack PlayStation Vita $39.99/$44.95
USB Cable PlayStation Vita $14.99/$19.95
In-Ear Headset PlayStation Vita $29.99/$39.95

Awesome little buyers guide for people in New Zealand thanks to Dwayne

Full table of hardware, accessories and game prices compared that I've been working on, NZ only. Orange cells are the cheapest/best value, while blue is the most expensive. If anyone wants to help, PM me your google login email and i'll give you edit access.

So far in New Zealand if you purchase the Vita Wifi + 3G model from any Vodafone authorised dealer such as Dick Smith, JB Hifi or Vodafone store then you will get a free copy of Wipeout 2048 redeemable via DL code upon activation of the Sim Card. Each Sim Card comes with 200mb of data.

Every store should be giving away a free set of in-ear headphones.

Not sure if there are any deals going in Aussie atm or any others in NZ so if you know of any or any midnight launches, post 'em up here and I'll try and add them to the OP.

Deals

Aus + NZ

154432_detail_v7.jpg

Australia

http://www.game.com.au/psvita

psvita_flashheader.jpg

FREE copy of Ridge Racer with your preorder of a PS Vita console EXCLUSIVE TO GAME

Wifi $349.95 and 3G model $419.95

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/games/sony/play-station/psp/

JB-AU-20120201-21-b_02.png

1wow.co.au

Starter Pack $449

ECPSVITASTARTER_400.jpg

Hardcore Pack $589

ECPSVITAHARDCORE_400.jpg

New Zealand (Can't find anything on this in Australia at this time)

JB Hifi

JB-NZ-20120209-856_01.png

JB-NZ-20120209-856_03.png

JB-NZ-20120209-856_04.png

EB Games

bonus_psvita_large.jpg

This applies to all stores in NZ that I am aware of both online and physical IE Mighty Ape, Dick Smith Electronics, JB Hifi, EB Games etc etc

vercity82

All Blacks Rugby Challenge

Looks like another game for down under as never see's the west sides.whats the retail pricing for you guys.

Hope somewhere in Aus has some launch day specials like the 3DS did (got it for ~$280) because as it stands $400 for a Vita + memory card is too expensive. The game prices themselves at JB are reasonable enough ($54 for Wipeout is fine) it's just the initial cost :/

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Bought my Vita from Amazon + Uncharted + Shipping back when they opened preorders for $314. Not bad.

Vita is doomed down here with that pricing. It's all Sony too, they could have priced it cheaper and done it close but have chosen not to.

Vita will do well in NZ though, the last remaining Sony Land.

Gen X

The game prices themselves at JB are reasonable enough ($54 for Wipeout is fine) it's just the initial cost :/

I don't mind the price of the games but the cost of the memory cards really kills it. There really should've been a Value Pack like the original PSP when that launched where you got the console, headphones, memory stick and strap all bundled in one box. Having a seperate starter pack is one thing, but removing the 4gb stick and the headphones that are in the US and Jap markets is just purely being greedy.

This launch reminds me of the Playstation in 1996 and paying $90 for a 15 Block memory card. :/

Trevelyon

Hope somewhere in Aus has some launch day specials like the 3DS did (got it for ~$280) because as it stands $400 for a Vita + memory card is too expensive.

Some killer trade-in deal might shift me, hopefully something with PSP/DS hardware and or games, but EB are only interested in iPod Nano/iPad trades w/Vita. If I can at least get the Wi-Fi hardware between $250-280, I might give it some serious consideration.

Though, I'm very perturbed about the idea of tying my primary PSN account to my Vita and be permanently tied down to our godawful store. I don't want to abandon my account, mainly for trophy purposes, but for sheer variety and on-going support and deals the US store is vastly superior, like... not even close.

Gen X

The PS2 was NZ $999 at launch.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/088/088484p1.html

I waited till I moved to the US in 2003 to get one.

Actually, and someone who paid on launch day could confirm, but I am pretty sure the PS2 was around $1100 on launch day.

I know the PSone was $800NZD at launch 16 years ago.

Though, I'm very perturbed about the idea of tying my primary PSN account to my Vita and be permanently tied down to our godawful store. I don't want to abandon my account, mainly for trophy purposes, but for sheer variety and on-going support and deals the US store is vastly superior, like... not even close.

I am in the same boat. My primary PS3 account I created back when the PS3 launched and I was living in UK. It wasn't till I returned to NZ and bought a PS3 did I try to sign up and that was when I discovered my account is English (Have to buy prepaid cards from UK). I would like to create a new account for the US store on the Vita, but then I will be limited in what DLC I can buy unless I import certain titles.

So far in New Zealand if you purchase the Vita Wifi + 3G model from any Vodafone authorised dealer such as Dick Smith, JB Hifi or Vodafone store then you will get a free copy of Wipeout 2048 redeemable via DL code upon activation of the Sim Card. Each Sim Card comes with 200mb of data.

You have to buy a credit top up as well to be eligible. Minimum is $19

Gen X

If you pay $30 though you get 100mb free on top of that. Used to be $20 but I think they changed that in the New Year.

I honestly can't see it using much data just sending scores and items back and forth. It's not like it is loading webpages all the time. Only time I'd probably surf on it is when I was in a wifi hotspot.

Pre-ordered from GAME:
Vita WiFi
Wipeout
Uncharted

Still need to go pre order and pay for memory card and possibly a third game. Thinking virtua tennis.

Going to get the rest of my games etc from ozgameshop.

CLEEK

I'm getting my Vita locally, as I have some Myer gift cards which will cover it.

Have ordered a 32GB card, Wipeout and a case online from VG+ (just before the hack...). Will buy most games through PSN, as carrying carts around is so 20th century.

JB includes a protective case (usually $50) with the $349 model.

Are there any better deals around? I'll be there day 1 for that sweet Wipeout action.

I'm getting my Vita locally, as I have some Myer gift cards which will cover it.

Have ordered a 32GB card, Wipeout and a case online from VG+ (just before the hack...). Will buy most games through PSN, as carrying carts around is so 20th century.

Why not order that 32gb card from Superufo instead? It's cheaper and you won't have to support the company that barely even acknowledged that they were hacked...

TheBear

My gf is buying me a Vita for our anniversary, will prices be better in around two months time or should we order now for the pre-order bonuses?

No games I'm interested in straight away so I'm not getting it at launch anyway, but I'll almost definitely be either importing or waiting for a price cut/sweet deal when I do.

It's the same RRP as the 3DS, sure, but some places had some really good launch deals for that (like Dickies' system + choice from a few games for $298).

Kerrby

Banned
Seems like there's shit-all hype from retailers in Australia. =\ GAME has just about the only decent launch day 'deal', where they're throwing in a copy of Ridge Racer.

psvita_flashheader.jpg

http://www.game.com.au/psvita

Came back just in time for the vita launch :).

I've been looking every where for the best deal, only two places have any kind of pre order incentive (other than the headphone pack which comes with every pre-order).

GAME is giving away Ridge Racer as you can see there and JB has an accessories pack.

JBs online store seem to have the cheapest prices, last week they had Uncharted for $49 but it's gone up to $59. Still cheaper than $69 everywhere else. A lot of other games are $49 like Wipeout.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Fifty dollars for the average memory card. Still makes me fucking laugh.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Great thread, cheers.

I'm a bit disappointed that Gravity Rush won't be available at retail on launch day though. I'd rather have a case for the shelf for that title. I guess I can always import it at a later date, assuming that it's getting a retail release elsewhere.

I'm a little torn over whether I should wait a couple of months to see how this pans out or pick one up on launch. At the current price point I can't see it doing well here (sadly).

Have Sony gotten their PSN PS1 titles working on the system yet? That might be the deal breaker for me. It seems odd that they'd launch without it.

Antioch

Bought my Vita from Amazon + Uncharted + Shipping back when they opened preorders for $314. Not bad.

Vita is doomed down here with that pricing. It's all Sony too, they could have priced it cheaper and done it close but have chosen not to.

Vita will do well in NZ though, the last remaining Sony Land.

Wait, NZ is Sony land now?

hamchan

So are we locked into using our Australian PSN accounts or can we use our US accounts for the cheaper store prices?

catmincer

It looks so pretty. But the price is such a turn off. :(

That and the 3DS being a good $120 cheaper in NZ will turn off people I think. Pity, as competition is good.

Gen X

So are we locked into using our Australian PSN accounts or can we use our US accounts for the cheaper store prices?

You can use any account but only one per console at a time. You can't store multiple accounts on the Vita like you can with the PS3. Also from what I gather the account you purchase items on your PS3 can all be transferred to the Vita but only the account you used to purchase can play the items.

If you have a couple of memory cards (lol Price) then you could always use one for DLC for Pal games/PSN game purchases and one for US or Jap DLC content/PSN games and then just delete which account you're not using and put in the other. Not sure on the exact format for how this is achieved atm, but from what I've gathered it is possible, just cumbersome.

It looks so pretty. But the price is such a turn off. :(

The original PSP was close to $500NZD at launch but atleast there was a Value Pack with added memory card, pouch and wrist strap bundled with the console in the same box.

CLEEK

I get all my cards from here. http://gamecards24x7.com/

They're more expensive than eBay. The mark-up by the main seller on eBay is usually only a few dollars. The last US$50 card I bought (a week or two ago ) cost me AUD$53.92

My Vita will be tied to my US account, as that is the account I've used for my PSP. My PS3 will stay with my my AU account. A shame I won't be able to have a unified account, but the PSN pricing and release situation in PAL-land is not worth the sacrifice.

Apparently, you can have multiple accounts on a Vita, but not easily like on the PS3. Your PSN account is tied to a memory card. So if you have more then one memory card, you can have more than one account. In addition, whenever you want to swap memory cards, you have to factory reset the Vita before it will use the different account.

Gen X

Ture, but I only use them for UK stuff as my primary XBL and PSN accounts were created when I was living there so things like 12 month Gold Subs are only $56NZD as opposed to $80+ RRP in NZ. They are actually selling on Ebay as well and offer a first time purchase discount. I think it might be 5% but it's been over 2yrs since I first ordered from them.

catmincer

The original PSP was close to $500NZD at launch but atleast there was a Value Pack with added memory card, pouch and wrist strap bundled with the console in the same box.

Exactly. I think even including a 512MB card would have softened the blow. At least with the 3DS you get a 2GB SD card included.Oh well, I will just wait for more games to come out.

BowieZ

Banned
$440 minimum for Vita + game? I was tempted to get a white one but I guess I'll wait a couple of years.

I can see many parents being swayed towards a 3DS over the next 6-12 months or more. They could get a 3DS and a game for half that cost.

Gen X

I can see many parents being swayed towards a 3DS over the next 6-12 months or more. They could get a 3DS and a game for half that cost.

That is true but what could sway the parents is the fact that you can play PSP games purchased from the store on the Vita so they wouldn't necessarily have to buy a load of launch games. That definitely helped sell the PS2 here in NZ with its backwards compatibility.

Also if Sony does start up this UMD replacement thing to download PSP game onto the Vita then you can imagine an influx of second hand game sales.

Kerrby

Banned
Should I just pre order from GAME now? It seems like no one else is interested in offering pre order bundles...

Couldn't see it mentioned anywhere, but JB Hifi (NZ) have got demo units in-store. Auckland central for definite, but other stores are supposed to have them too.

Top Bottom