• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita AUS/NZ Launch Thread (Games, Accessory Pricing)

Peagles

Those PSN Prices are so freakin' crazy. YAY For NZ hideous online pricing as usual. It's Cheaper to buy retail FFS!

Dwayne, so many kiwis are using your sweet doc! If I was rich I would get you a Vita, but i'm not rich. So i'll buy myself one and tell you how awesome it is instead.

You must be the Member with the lowest post count, hahaha!

Even I'm beating you!

mandiller

Quick question: what's the best place (and cheapest) to order a 32GB vita card from? Also, will all my save games from the PSP Go work on the Vita? I remember Tekken saves in particular wouldn't work between different PSPs...

I got to try out a Vita in JB HiFi today. It was pretty snazzy but I won't buy one at launch. Instead I'll prepare to get one in the next month or so.

Raonak

Banned
Those PSN Prices are so freakin' crazy. YAY For NZ hideous online pricing as usual. It's Cheaper to buy retail FFS!

Actually, thats across the board. The prices are same as the RRP, except first party titles get a 5% discount.

Retailers would get all mad if the PSN prices undercut the retail prices by a lot. Like the PSPgo situation. Since retailers get most money out of software.

EDIT: Some games; like Rayman and Shinobito seem to be a decent amount lower than the RRP.

GAF....I....I....did it!

I just payed $380 USD for a Wifi Vita and 32GB memory card from superufo.com.

Did I get ripped off? I mean just the Wifi Vita console in AUS is $370 USD! -____-

I waited so long because I really shouldn’t’ be spending and money at the moment! I have a $16,000 AU dollar holiday to pay off! (don’t ask) It sucks....but they had the 32GB memory card for $80 USD but it sold out. The next best price was $100 USD - so I took that. I checked the official gamestop site for the US and that's what they go for anyway, so all good. Saved quite a bit. Now to find some cheap games!

EDIT: Oh yeah, the $380 USD includes the cheapest shipping cost too - will take 2 weeks to a month! o_O

darkwing

GAF....I....I....did it!

I just payed $380 USD for a Wifi Vita and 32GB memory card from superufo.com.

Did I get ripped off? I mean just the Wifi Vita console in AUS is $370 USD! -____-

I waited so long because I really shouldn’t’ be spending and money at the moment! I have a $16,000 AU dollar holiday to pay off! (don’t ask) It sucks....but they had the 32GB memory card for $80 USD but it sold out. The next best price was $100 USD - so I took that. I checked the official gamestop site for the US and that's what they go for anyway, so all good. Saved quite a bit. Now to find some cheap games!

EDIT: Oh yeah, the $380 USD includes the cheapest shipping cost too - will take 2 weeks to a month! o_O

there is no customs/import tax?

BKK

Massive queue for Vita release just before opening at local EB Games ...

Slvwp.jpg

Whilst Big W weren't selling Vita HW or SW they were selling accessories ...

xCaKw.jpg

Q0bwd.jpg

Local Dick Smith was selling Vita HW, but had no SW on display. Pretty low key launch, didn't see anyone buy one, but a couple of people were browsing the Vita section in EB.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I just got back with both Rayman and Uncharted from EB.

Now I just gotta wait for my Vita and 32GB memory card. The cases are cuuuuute!

sun-drop

picked my 3g up from JBhifi this morn, there where 4 other dudes there getting theres at 9:30, they had been pretty busy from about 8:30am.

wanna get hope and get wipeout downloaded!

really impressed with the solidness of the thing ...looks sexy as hell.

now i need to find my thickest sock to put it in until my case arrives ..

chiQ

JB HiFi Wellington say they've moved a fair number of units, almost entirely pre-orders. They also got a Skylanders shipment in and their EFTPOS went down, so they looked terribly worn out, poor buggers. I think they're pleased with the response though.

Managed to swipe the final Vita from one of the EB stores in Brisbane. The first store I went to was completely sold out.

Small shipment or selling well?

Mohonky

Managed to swipe the final Vita from one of the EB stores in Brisbane. The first store I went to was completely sold out.

Small shipment or selling well?

Might be a bit of both. I caved on a Vita. I love isometric racers and in real life I have a few RC cars, so I kept looking at that game. Figured my DS was just not getting used so traded it in toward a Vita.

Got Rayman, was $33 with console purchase + 4gb mem card.

That also was the last Vita at my local EB here in Brisbane.

Westlo

I was so set on buying a Vita... but what an underwhelming launch.. hopefully when Big W get them in stock they put out and good special...

Ingram

Added my PSN to the doc. I was getting friend requests all day yesterday and I literally don't know any of them so it's going to be weird...

Kerrby

Banned
Your friends list is full. I tried to send you one but it said I couldn't add anymore friends so I deleted a few. Then I discovered it was you. lol.

Weird, I'll delete a few friends now.

Still waiting for Sony to email me my $8 discount and Froshiber Says and still waiting for Vodafone to email me my Wipeout code :(.

senahorse

Tried adding your all from the spreadsheet.

Anyone else please add Cellbait to your friends list, I need more vita friends for scores etc :D

Top Bottom