• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita AUS/NZ Launch Thread (Games, Accessory Pricing)

Shancake

Can confirm that My Target/Kmart and a mates Target in Melbourne CBD both have Vita display box on the shelves.. Apparently they'll be on shelf next month.. Genuinely think it was stock issues and they'll be getting them second shipment...

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Can confirm that My Target/Kmart and a mates Target in Melbourne CBD both have Vita display box on the shelves.. Apparently they'll be on shelf next month.. Genuinely think it was stock issues and they'll be getting them second shipment...

Odd for them to be saying 'no we're not getting it' and Sony to back it up... then to do it.

Shancake

Odd for them to be saying 'no we're not getting it' and Sony to back it up... then to do it.

Very weird it's probably ever weirder that they've got boxes out and aren't going to get it in time for launch.. a bit pointless in my opinion.

Kerrby

Banned
Should we start a google docs thing with our PSN names and what games we're getting so at launch we have people to play with?

Shancake

There's already one in the Western thread but one for us Aussie/NZ would be good..

i'm visualise-this if people want to add me :D

Peagles

Got my 3G version preordered from JB Hifi (NZ). I never made a PSN account for my PSPs, but just made an NZ one online and thinking maybe I should go with US. I don't know... it's all too difficult not being able to change accounts on the fly like PS3...

Can't pick mine up til Friday afternoon but I'm really looking forward to the Vita. Not as much as the 3DS, and I wasn't excited about it til I put my preorder in, but I think I'm going to have fun with this!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Got my 3G version preordered from JB Hifi (NZ). I never made a PSN account for my PSPs, but just made an NZ one online and thinking maybe I should go with US. I don't know... it's all too difficult not being able to change accounts on the fly like PS3...

I went with UK since all PAL DLC works in unison and the UK store has a much better selection of everything. Also, stops you impulse buying cos you gotta buy the PSN Cards off Ebay or a Gamecard website.

If you go US then you have to buy US games that will require an online pass as a PAL online pass won't work when you activate it on a US account.

Choose wisely Peagles.

zap

I still really want to pick one up, but I pretty much guarantee that I won't play it enough to make it worthwhile...

I'm just a sucker for new tech :/

Raonak

Banned
3 more days yay. JB hifi has some really good deals.
getting 3G bundle. since it comes with both uncharted and wipeout, it basically covers the extra cost.

If you were planning on getting wipeout and uncharted anyway- seems stupid NOT to get the 3G bundle.

Mush

Got a brief hands on today at my local EB with a demo unit. Not bad, probably will pick one up down the line when the price/games become more appealing.

Put some cash down ready for Thursday at EB. Just the Wifi model by itself at this stage as I need to get up to speed what the pricing is like for memory cards (8GB specifically).

So basically, the best (non-pre-order) launch day deal for Australia is Dick Smith, who have the Vita for $2 less than the RRP. Outstanding.

I'dve maybe (MAYBE) considered jumping on early if Dick'd done something similar to their $298 w/ a game 3DS deal. As it stands I'm happy to wait 'til there's some software that I really want as I initially intended to.

Though that was a pre-order deal.

Gen X

You should close access Kirrby and only allow people to pm you for the code to access it otherwise someone will delete the info once if builds up.

Gen X

Bond & Bonds deal came in the flyer today.

ZOX2y.jpg

Dwayne

Holy moley lol

edit: can you flick me through the game pricing? will update the table.
edit2: that's the best price for the memory card and uncharted

For Aussies if you buy your Vita from EB, you can pick up Rayman Origins or that Gameloft Dungeon Hunter game for $33 a piece.
Works out well for me as I was looking at grabbing Rayman with my console.

I'dve maybe (MAYBE) considered jumping on early if Dick'd done something similar to their $298 w/ a game 3DS deal. As it stands I'm happy to wait 'til there's some software that I really want as I initially intended to.

My thoughts exactly. Early last week I was sure I'd be buying a Vita. Then I discovered the AUS deals are non-existent and I still need to plan at least a week in advance in order to allow shipping time for an imported 32GB memory card.

So there's zero chance of me buying this at launch now. Well done, Sony. Well done, Australian retail.

I was so SO close to giving in and buying a Vita yesterday when that NZ price list was posted. But I've restrained my hype for now, as I've way too many games I need to play. So instead I've just decided to import myself a 32GB memory card and maybe 1-2 games while I wait. Or at least I will, once SuperUFO gets some more stock in.

Kerrby

Banned
For Aussies if you buy your Vita from EB, you can pick up Rayman Origins or that Gameloft Dungeon Hunter game for $33 a piece.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Why did they leave it to the last day to announce this. RARGHRAHGHRAHGHRHGAHRAGH

Raonak

Banned
I heard theres a vita launch party in auckland. What's up with that? Did the launch get pushed up? or is it still launching on thrusday?(23rd)

Trevelyon

Are we really getting discounts on PSN?

~check Golden Abyss RRP of $68

Fuck I hate this country, forever over a fucking barrel.

Peagles

Though that was a pre-order deal.

Dick Does
n't
!

Gen X

Holy moley lol

edit: can you flick me through the game pricing? will update the table.
edit2: that's the best price for the memory card and uncharted

What game pricing Dwayne? The only one I had was the one I typed out on page 2 or 3 that I linked you earlier. Unless you mean the Bond and Bond catalogue, in which case it wasn't my source. Found that pic on a NZ message board.

Lol@Harvey Normans pricing. Next they'll be complaining about local competition selling it cheaper and asking for a special 'tax if discounted too much' law or something equally stupid!

Thanks for doing that spreadsheet Dwayne, it's been doing the rounds apparently and helping a lot of people out. Top work! If we play each other in a game online I promise to let you win the first match/round. =D

Something I found strange was, I done a search for metal gear solid peace walker on the Aus ps store and only special ops came up.Its still available to download on my download list from before though.

Anyone try their luck at the GAME AU FREE Vita promotion?
You had to have pre-ordered with them to enter, but if you're 1 of 5 winners, Sony & GAME will pay for your pre-order.
Hoping none of you bastards entered so i might win, find out today!

WAT!?! Do you have to pre-order to get the games at $33?

Aww man, I’m so damn tempted to jump in at the moment.

If I set up a US PSN account with my Vita, will locally purchased games (Australia) play nice?

Dwayne

What game pricing Dwayne? The only one I had was the one I typed out on page 2 or 3 that I linked you earlier. Unless you mean the Bond and Bond catalogue, in which case it wasn't my source. Found that pic on a NZ message board.
Ah bugger, yeah that's what I mean :) Hopefully it arrives today.

Thanks for doing that spreadsheet Dwayne, it's been doing the rounds apparently and helping a lot of people out. Top work! If we play each other in a game online I promise to let you win the first match/round. =D

I'm not even getting a Vita D:

Radian8

Those PSN Prices are so freakin' crazy. YAY For NZ hideous online pricing as usual. It's Cheaper to buy retail FFS!

Dwayne, so many kiwis are using your sweet doc! If I was rich I would get you a Vita, but i'm not rich. So i'll buy myself one and tell you how awesome it is instead.

WAT!?! Do you have to pre-order to get the games at $33?
Doesn't say anything about preordering it just has to be when you purchase a Vita at the same time.

If I set up a US PSN account with my Vita, will locally purchased games (Australia) play nice?

I believe it's like the PS3 where the game itself will be fine but the DLC is region locked. If someone knows otherwise feel free to correct me :)

leng jai

Is the cradle even going to be sold in Australia? I haven't seen it listed anywhere and the original PSP's one wasn't either so I'm not holding my breath.

Top Bottom