• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita AUS/NZ Launch Thread (Games, Accessory Pricing)

Kerrby

Banned
vookta.jpg

The farce continues :lol

Jesus what a mess this launch is in Australia.

Ingram

Time to pre-order from GAME. They better get it to me on Thursday or fuck I'll be pissed. Maybe I should just go instore and pre-order rather than online?

Kerrby

Banned
Target and K-Mart aren't stocking it either.

So that leaves:

JB (WiFi only model)
EB
GAME (It seems they aren't giving away the sim card with the 3G models :/)
Dick Smith

EDIT: oops already posted lol

Yagharek

EB is carrying it so it's already a step ahead of the Go

EB also carried gamecube and Dreamcast. Your point? :p

Picked up a catalogue for vita in eb today. Looks good but dunno if I can justify a local purchase. Might import a US WiFi model down the line. AUS psn accounts should work on it, yeah?

Also got a real hankering for some tenchu action thus Shinobido is looking interesting to me.

CLEEK

Target and K-Mart aren't stocking it either.

So that leaves:

JB (WiFi only model)
EB
GAME (It seems they aren't giving away the sim card with the 3G models :/)
Dick Smith

EDIT: oops already posted lol

Any idea if Myer are stocking it? I've got the price of the Vita covered in Myer gift cards, and foolishly thought that the Cole/Myer group would all stock it. But if Kmart and Target aren't, I now doubt Myer will.

My local JB seems to be pushing it pretty hard.
Big vita banners on the security gates, a flatscreen tv looping a vita sizzle reel and a bunch of vita display cases near the entrance.

edit: and now jbhifionline isnt even listing the 16 gb cards

Shancake

Target and Kmart, too.

Man, this thing is falling flat on its arse.

Thanks for the quote haha. Didn't realise there was an AUS thread.. This is absolutely crazy. I can't believe that none of them are supporting it.. It's going to struggle badly. it's not going to matter too much at launch but Sony would want to make sure that its in every shop for the holiday season.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I've got a story going up on Kotaku AU tomorrow (If they chose to use it).

We'll find out from Sony then.

(Yup, writing Non-Nintendo stuff now).

Wow, the launch is going to be utterly abysmal in AUS/NZ. Like shockingly abysmal.

The US/Euro launch won’t be much better too....can’t wait to see the reactions here!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Wow, the launch is going to be utterly abysmal in AUS/NZ. Like shockingly abysmal.

Look bro, we gave you Russel Crowe, Rebecca Gibney and Crowded House but don't drag our awesome launch deals down with you. ;)

PS. We're keeping the pavalova claims too.

Ignignort

My local JB seems to be pushing it pretty hard.
Big vita banners on the security gates, a flatscreen tv looping a vita sizzle reel and a bunch of vita display cases near the entrance.

edit: and now jbhifionline isnt even listing the 16 gb cards

I went in store today and they don't have the 16gb cards listed in their database.

Yep, just checked JB online and they've removed the 16GB cards.

Starting to wonder if I shouldn't bother with the Vita...

Get your cards from superufo.com Kerrby! :D

I paid 2 bucks for the shipping and it arrived in less than a week. I got that 32gb Hong Kong card, BTW.

zap

At NZD$398 I am actually surprisingly tempted. Anyone know if there are any units on display in anywhere other than Auckland? I want to try it out so badly.

Kerrby

Banned
Get your cards from superufo.com Kerrby! :D

I paid 2 bucks for the shipping and it arrived in less than a week. I got that 32gb Hong Kong card, BTW.

Thanks man, $105 though eek.

I'm looking at all the places that sell the Vita online (EB, GAME, JB) and they seem to have removed the pre order bonus (headphones, froshiber says, discount on digital game, home items). Can anyone else find them?

Yagharek

Is Steve O'Leary handling the launch?

I'm looking forward to a less than smug Ephraim if the vita launch flops here. He always irked me. Still, system looks nice and hopefully its easy to import cheaply.

So any places to recommend for importing the Vita that brings the cost to no more than $250AU?

I don't think I want to wait around for the price drop in Australia when I can get it cheaper day 1.

Kerrby

Banned
^^ That's incredibly bad. You can buy everything there separately and get it cheaper.

Pre-ordered today at GAME. They said the WiFi model was completely sold out for pre-orders so I had to get the 3G model. Was disappointed but at least I get free Wipeout.

Do I have to sign up on the Vodafone website to get free Wipeout?

Thanks man, $105 though eek.

I'm looking at all the places that sell the Vita online (EB, GAME, JB) and they seem to have removed the pre order bonus (headphones, froshiber says, discount on digital game, home items). Can anyone else find them?

The headphone pack is sold out at EB but you get a clear plastic hard case when you preorder now.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Maybe I missed it but I didn't see the Wow sight and sound packs listed in this thread for Aus, not great deals but here they are anyway:

Starter Pack $449

ECPSVITASTARTER_400.jpg

Hardcore Pack $589

ECPSVITAHARDCORE_400.jpg

Ugh, doesn't really sound that appealing, although technically, you get WipEout 2048 with the 3G as well. At least you get an 8gb card with it though, that's something I guess.

Added to the OP for now anyways. If you know of any other Aussie deals surfacing feel free to post them here.

Not sure if anyone else cares but last week Ghostlight stealth released Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky on the Aus/NZ PSN stores. For some idiotic reason, SCEE didn't mention this on the blog or even add it to the stores Latest Releases section but it's there.

Hopefully it's a sign of things to come and we'll start getting the other games we missed out on (Persona 2 and the Ys games).

Not sure if anyone else cares but last week Ghostlight stealth released Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky on the Aus/NZ PSN stores. For some idiotic reason, SCEE didn't mention this on the blog or even add it to the stores Latest Releases section but it's there.

Hopefully it's a sign of things to come and we'll start getting the other games we missed out on (Persona 2 and the Ys games).

Thanks for the heads up. The lag on release dates is awful, but glad to see they're still coming.

Top Bottom