• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita AUS/NZ Launch Thread (Games, Accessory Pricing)

"Moop: Rumors PSP Vita will be as low as $278 on launch weekend"

Seems a bit unfounded if you ask me...

I guess we'll find out next week when the junk mail arrives, hopefully a Big W deal for $300.

Update from ecogamer:
@Jono: Bit of buzz around Big W, JB Hi Fi and Dick Smith. DS is trying to get as many customers through doors before closing 100-150 stores nationally over the next 18 months

Can it possibly be true? Hope rising!

Kerrby

Banned
Update from ecogamer:
@Jono: Bit of buzz around Big W, JB Hi Fi and Dick Smith. DS is trying to get as many customers through doors before closing 100-150 stores nationally over the next 18 months

Hmm very interesting. Thanks for the update. JB has zero buzz though if they're not even bringing in the 3G model.

I didnt know Dick Smith was in such bad shape

Woolworths bought them out and I think are trying to sell them off to an overseas company.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Update from ecogamer:

Awesome if true. I can't stomach having to pay 350 for it.

I didnt know Dick Smith was in such bad shape

Me neither but it doesn't really surprise me.

wiggleb0t

Banned
Can anyone comment on how much a downloadable only title like super stardust costs?
Lumines cost like $10 on xbla yet JB is selling it for $69 on vita? Is this some sick joke? I know it's not a direct comparison but this is just silly.
If anyone knows the price difference between retail and digital that would be much appreciated also.
It's all pretty disappointing and is turning me off day 1 purchase. Bring it down to $300 or below and bring on 3rd party memory cards as this is simply absurd.

Kerrby

Banned
Can anyone comment on how much a downloadable only title like super stardust costs?
Lumines cost like $10 on xbla yet JB is selling it for $69 on vita? Is this some sick joke? I know it's not a direct comparison but this is just silly.
If anyone knows the price difference between retail and digital that would be much appreciated also.
It's all pretty disappointing and is turning me off day 1 purchase. Bring it down to $300 or below and bring on 3rd party memory cards as this is simply absurd.

I'm pretty sure Super Stardust Delta is PSN only and it's $10 on the US store at the moment so probably $15 here.

JB HiFi (NZ) Vita prices:

JB-NZ-20120209-856_01.png

JB-NZ-20120209-856_03.png

JB-NZ-20120209-856_04.png

So an extra $150 for 3G and Uncharted, and you don't get the hive pack(whatever it is that's in that).

Stackboy

Aren't portable games always around $60?

I'm heaps keen for one, but I'm heading to the states late March so I might pick one up then. Are they region free?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
So an extra $150 for 3G and Uncharted, and you don't get the hive pack(whatever it is that's in that).

Before it used to be the 3G was $100 more than the Wifi at $528 and you got nothing! Do you not want a 4gb Mem Card and Uncharted for $20? :p (Don't forget the Pre Order pack still applies if they still have stock).

game prices are decent... aren't they?

I'm actually really surprised, apart from Ridge Racers price, that should be hovering around $40 if it really is an incomplete game.

Gen X

Just been to JB and placed my deposit, also got a print out of all the launch titles and prices from the helpful salesman. Keep in mind these are not the launch day special prices listed in their catalogue/on website.

Prices are in NZD
Code:
Army Corps of Hell $78.98
Asphalt Injection $58.98
Blazblue CSX $68.98
Dungeon Hunter $78.98
Dynasty Warriors $68.98
Everybodys Golf $68.98
Fifa 12 $78.98
F1 2011 $78.98
Little Deviants $49.98
Lumines $68.98
Modnation Racers $68.98
Rayman Origins $68.98
Reality Fighters $49.98
Ridge Racer $68.98
Shinobido 2 $78.98
Touch My Katamari $68.98
Ultimate MvC $78.98
Uncharted $79.98
Virtua Tennis 4 $68.98
Wipeout 2048 $68.98

I walked through JB HiFi this afternoon and had to do a double take a the size of the vita cases.
They're TINY!
Much smaller than I envisioned them.

sun-drop

sigh ... looks like the thing only comes out when the console does ..so i'll have to go case-less till i ship one in....pretty much just want a slim, hard, nice looking one like that :/

Gen X

pretty much just want a slim, hard, nice looking one

We're still talking about cases right? :p

There is this one which is very similar, only the release date....... ugh.

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PlayStation-Vita/Mad-Catz-Armor-Store-Case/19701169/

I see Thrustmaster are doing an alternative to the one you posted too Sun Drop.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-03-official-uncharted-golden-abyss-vita-case-announced

I wouldn't mind the black 'Vita' branded one (Don't like the Uncharted poo brown one).

Westlo

Yep you can bet on Big W or Kmart having this beauty under $299. How sweet it would be at $278....

I'll pick 1 up along with a 16 gig card and buy Gravity Daze off PSN if it's @ that price day 1, otherwise forget about it. (Until more games come out anyway).

Trevelyon

I'll pick 1 up along with a 16 gig card and buy Gravity Daze off PSN if it's @ that price day 1, otherwise forget about it.

Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at. Now if we can get as low as $278 I'll definitely be price matching at EB, burning through a $100 gift card and trading a few games on top of that (I'll get $50 at the very least on trades)

Best case scenario, I walk out with the Wi-Fi unit for $128-138 and 16GB for hopefully all up around $200 and buy Gravity, Wipeout and Golden Abyss digitally. My cap all up should be around $300 if all things play out nicely.

AkIRA_22

You'd have to have rocks in your head to buy a PSV in NZ. Import that from Aus of even the states and save literally hundreds.

I'm getting a mate at work who has access to a US Defence free mail service to send one over. $AU240 PSV.... you fucking know it.

Has there been any word on download prices?

sun-drop

if yr importing the 3g model from the states you better make sure it's not sim locked or that wont be getting on voda\xt\2deg

Gen X

You'd have to have rocks in your head to buy a PSV in NZ. Import that from Aus of even the states and save literally hundreds.

I'm getting a mate at work who has access to a US Defence free mail service to send one over. $AU240 PSV.... you fucking know it.

Has there been any word on download prices?

Wifi $350.00 AUD = $452.192 NZD
3G $420.00 AUD = $542.613 NZD

Wifi $250.00 USD = $299.045 NZD
3G $300.00 USD = $358.947 NZD

In your words "You'd have to have rocks in your head" to import from Australia. Once you add shipping it would cost more than here. From the states, well, I don't know what shipping costs but not everyone has a mate who has access to a US Defense free mail service so good on you. :p

Regardless, the US 3G model is carrier locked to AT&T so you won't be able to use any of our 3G networks in NZ so I hope you're only getting the Wifi model. The PAL 3G models aren't carrier locked.

Download prices, I only heard of Hustle Kings, Stardust and Escape Plan. I believe they are $10NZD for the first two I mentioned and $14.95 for EP. Can't confirm but sounds about right.

Was in JB today and noticed they had a new extremely unappealing pre-order deal.

$420 for the Wi-Fi model, 2 years warranty, a 4GB memory card and your choice of either Little Deviants or Reality Fighters.

Seriously, this is shaping up to be just about the worst Australian hardware launch in terms of hype since forever.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Was in JB today and noticed they had a new extremely unappealing pre-order deal.

$420 for the Wi-Fi model, 2 years warranty, a 4GB memory card and your choice of either Little Deviants or Reality Fighters.

Seriously, this is shaping up to be just about the worst Australian hardware launch in terms of hype since forever.

Worse than the Dreamcast?

Gen X

Dunno Flip. I had a look a few hours ago on the UK and NZ stores, nothing (Man the NZ store is very poor for PSP and PSone games). I had a quick squizz on the US store and saw there was Stardust, Hot Shots Golf and something else, but you wouldn't know it unless you searched Vita. Stardust was $9.99USD so I expect that will be around $15NZD. Hot Shots was $35USD I think.

Sorry to hear about the sucky launch in Aussie. I remember how bad the DC one was for us in NZ and I wouldn't want to go through anything remotely the same again.

Axiom

It can't possibly go worse than the Aussie Dreamcast launch did. Sonic Adventure, Soul Calibur and the like were stuck on a boat and the best title available people could actually buy locally was Ready 2 Rumble.

That said, I'm pretty sure I knew more people personally who had heard of the Dreamcast than have heard of the Vita.

Australia was much more of a SEGA place traditionally, or perhaps just 'Not Nintendo'

It feels weird not eyeing Uncharted for launch. I had wanted Rayman instead but it also has the $20 mark-up.

Hopefully I have no issues getting Katamari in store and Escape Plan off PSN

Dwayne

NZ:
DSE is $449/$549, includes Asphalt Injection. 4gig $34.99, Starter Pack $44.99, In-Ear Headset: $34.99
Harvey Normans is now $449.99 with either Little Deviants, Reality Fighters, Everybody's Golf or Modnation Racers. 4gig 29.99, Starter Pack $39.99, In-Ear Headset: $29.99.

Kerrby

Banned
Got the Dick Smith catalogue in the mail today (Australia) and saw it had the entire back pack advertising it.

No bundles or reduced price though, just $349 for the WiFi model.

I guess I'll just go pre-order on Thursday at JB and hopefully they haven't run out of pre-order packs/accessory packs. Only getting it for the screen protector.

Update from ecogamer:

In response to this, guess that guy was just bullshitting. JB only have the accessories pack and Dick Smith have nothing.

Gen X

I guess I'll just go pre-order on Thursday at JB and hopefully they haven't run out of pre-order packs/accessory packs. Only getting it for the screen protector.

Make sure you ask if the pre order pack is still available, it it's not it may be worth going elsewhere that has it. Even EBgames with the free Ridge Racer (Or was it GAME?), I mean, it's free and you could always sell it or trade it in.

I was going to but I decided to import a screen protector instead hoping that it arrives in time for launch. I already have a PSP case that is well padded and the Vita should fit snugly inside with room for charger and games. Might use my 3DS cartridge cases that came in the carry case for the Vita cards and spare mem stick though.

Prosper

Neo Member
Got burned on the 3DS launch. I want one of these but I'm more than happy to wait for it, and given the current marketing and hype (i.e. none, no one knows about it) I shouldn't have to wait long.

Kerrby

Banned
Make sure you ask if the pre order pack is still available, it it's not it may be worth going elsewhere that has it. Even EBgames with the free Ridge Racer (Or was it GAME?), I mean, it's free and you could always sell it or trade it in.

I was going to but I decided to import a screen protector instead hoping that it arrives in time for launch. I already have a PSP case that is well padded and the Vita should fit snugly inside with room for charger and games. Might use my 3DS cartridge cases that came in the carry case for the Vita cards and spare mem stick though.

Yeah cheers will do, it's GAME that have DLC Racer and I guess I could try and sell it on eBay or something for like $20 lol.

I can't believe New Zealand are getting all these deals and Australia has nothing.

Gen X

I can't believe New Zealand are getting all these deals and Australia has nothing.

Think of all the times street dates have been broken (Must be a dozen a year atleast). NZ is the arsehole of the PAL world, down the bottom lol. Usually last for everything unless it's some wicked worldwide release like Halo or something, then we might get it a few hours ahead of Aussie. ;)

Kerrby

Banned
Think of all the times street dates have been broken (Must be a dozen a year atleast). NZ is the arsehole of the PAL world, down the bottom lol. Usually last for everything unless it's some wicked worldwide release like Halo or something, then we might get it a few hours ahead of Aussie. ;)

Haha fair enough. Checking JBs website now, I always thought it came with the starter kit; turns out it's the rip off started kit.

cat_ps-vita-starter-pack.jpg

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/ps-vita/playstation-vita-console-wifi-bonus-starter-pack/658866

I thought it would be this: http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/psp/ps-vita-starter-pack/661148

Maybe I should get DLC Racer and just fork over the $33 for the Starter Pack if that Hive stuff is poorly made stuff.

polg

If it's anything like the US, maybe a week before the official launch. Which would be really nice.

But otherwise, nothing's been confirmed.

Is there a way to browse the store without a Vita? I'd be keen to check what's going on... even if I delay my purchase

Top Bottom