• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massa

How do I get my saves from my PSP onto my vita to continue my games on the Vita?

What I did was copy them to the PS3, then use the Content Manager app on the Vita to copy them.

Should be able to use a PC instead of a PS3 as well. You can't go straight PSP->Vita though, obviously.

SLV

I am only angry about PS Vita game saves, full digital ones atleast... Bought the 16 gb card, wanted to transfer the saves, had no idea if you delete the game the save gets deleted as well. Well, lesson learned.

orioto

Good Art™
I am only angry about PS Vita game saves, full digital ones atleast... Bought the 16 gb card, wanted to transfer the saves, had no idea if you delete the game the save gets deleted as well. Well, lesson learned.

Really ? I deleted ogre battle and they told me i had to go in the menu to specifically delete the save files.

SLV

Really ? I deleted ogre battle and they told me i had to go in the menu to specifically delete the save files.

Yeah, PSP titles have proper saves :( So basically you have to do a full game back up and restore to the other card. And it can take hours....

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
orioto said:
Vita games don't have save-management - you want to backup, you have to backup the entire game.
Once you have it on PC, the save-files are actually separate (so you "can" store multiple copies without having to store the whole game with each), but the save-back-up process itself will always be slow due to having to copy the whole game.

jonno394

Played the gravity Rush demo this morning, really great if a little too short, but gave it two play throughs.

With this, MGS HD and Retro City Rampage i'm sure i'll be occupied for a couple of months, just hope there are plenty more titles on the way at E3.

Eusis

It's my single biggest gripe, I can't think of any good reason they couldn't have, at worst, made a save/patch/maybe DLC block that was encrypted when dumped off the system.

I went to the store to get Where is my Heart and Velocity because they are now compatible to the Vita on the US side.
Saw that Velocity was free for PS+ and saw the other PS+ stuff and signed up for a bit.

Where is my Heart has a very good first impression. That game looks fantastic.

YES! Finally able to get Velocity on my Vita. It's still not up on the Vita store and you still cannot grab it from download list though. Baby Steps.

Kafel

Banned
Gemüsepizza;38358496 said:
WTF, just read that there maybe won't be a FIFA 13 for PS Vita?! The Producer David Rutter said, according to this article, they are currently working only on the PS3 and Xbox 360 version.

http://www.playm.de/2012/05/fifa-13-vorerst-keine-ps-vita-version-geplant-42348/

http://www.psvitagen.fr/fifa-13-ea-...ter-version-psvita-projet-actualite-3112.html

They're probbaly focusing on PS360 but the Vita version is coming, it was announced in the PR.

245252_psv_b.png

Anyone recommend a good case for the Vita?

I've seen at least 2 different official cases...

I will be travelling abroad and up until now I've been using the bubble wrapish paper thing that it came in
KuGsj.gif

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I bought the PDP Custom Case and I absolutely love it. It's a bit big but damn if I don't feel comfortable with it being inside there.

They're probbaly focusing on PS360 but the Vita version is coming, it was announced in the PR.

http://img.game.co.uk/ml2/2/4/5/2/245252_psv_b.png

Yes, that's in the article, too. They are wondering why they first announce it and and then can't confirm it. According to the french site, it seems the producer said:

Nous avons fait une version PSVita l'année dernière (NDLR : FIFA Football, portage de FIFA 11) nous n'avons rien à confirmer d'autres que les versions PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 et PC.

Google translation:

We did a version PSVita last year (note: FIFA Soccer, porting FIFA 11) we have nothing to confirm that the other versions PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Spiegel

Gemüsepizza;38358680 said:
Yes, that's in the article, too. They are wondering why they first announce it and and then can't confirm it. According to the french site, it seems the producer said:

Google translation:

Fifa 13 will be on PS3/360/PC/Wii/WiiU/3DS/PSP/PS2/iOS and Vita. Don't worry

KalBalboa

Banned
I went to the store to get Where is my Heart and Velocity because they are now compatible to the Vita on the US side.
Saw that Velocity was free for PS+ and saw the other PS+ stuff and signed up for a bit.

Awesome possum. I'm grabbing both now- I'm glad to see free* Plus minis work on Vita already.

Cookie18

My Vita has made my PS3 very boring. I keep getting new games for my PS3 but I can't get into any of them, however if they were on the Vita I know I would be playing the crap out of them because I prefer that format. At this point Vita exclusives would be nice but I'd happily take every PS3 game releasing as a Vita game too. Make it the exact same game and I will bite.

The most recent games being the MGS HD collection, Yakuza: Dead Souls and Dragon's Dogma

Edit:
The game will certainly be released a bit later, we already had a FIFA Soccer this year.

EA have sometimes released more than one FIFA game a year when a new console has released. They have the initial not numbered version and then the regular version. IIRC other sports games have done this too. There is hope :)

anddo0

I went to store to get Where is my Heart and Velocity because they are now compatible to the Vita on the US side. (Edit: They still require the PS3 to transfer though.)

Velocity on Vita! Will check this out later.

I regret not missing out on Where is my Heart for free. I may still check it out, once clear some of my Vita/PSP backlog.

Am I the only person who gets solid download speeds on their Vita and PS3? I can download stuff at 3 megs per second on my PS3, and almost as fast on my Vita.

patsu

My Vita has made my PS3 very boring. I keep getting new games for my PS3 but I can't get into any of them, however if they were on the Vita I know I would be playing the crap out of them because I prefer that format. At this point Vita exclusives would be nice but I'd happily take every PS3 game releasing as a Vita game too. Make it the exact same game and I will bite.

I'm somewhat like this because I spend a lot of time at work. Vita lets me play when I have the time anywhere. I always take my Vita with me (Leave it in my glovebox or office).

AwRy108

Am I the only person who gets solid download speeds on their Vita and PS3? I can download stuff at 3 megs per second on my PS3, and almost as fast on my Vita.

I average 1-1.5 megs per sec. d/l speeds on both of my PS3's and my Vita, so, no, you're not alone.

I often wonder if people don't have their home networks set up correctly, or are using too much security. I have my my wired PS3 on the DMZ, and my wireless PS3 and Vita using my router's MAC Address Filter w/ no other security.

Anyone recommend a good case for the Vita?

I've seen at least 2 different official cases...

I will be travelling abroad and up until now I've been using the bubble wrapish paper thing that it came in
KuGsj.gif

Would recommend the $.79 case on amazon,(found out about it in this tread) it was actually $3.74 after shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007NUPTTM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I uploaded a photo to amazon and can upload some more if you need/want them.

AwRy108

I really wish AT&T would get their heads out of their asses and offer reasonably priced data plans for the 3G Vita. I would love to have my Vita always connected, but no way am I spending $15/month for a 250MB d/l limit--what a scam!

I really wish AT&T would get their heads out of their asses and offer reasonably priced data plans for the 3G Vita. I would love to have my Vita always connected, but no way am I spending $15/month for a 250MB d/l limit--what a scam!

yup.

I wonder if they selling alot or even a decent amount of these plans....seems insane to me

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Yeah, I would only do it if I could buy some allotted mb amount to use whenever I needed.

I can get up to 5 MB/s on the PS3. My Vita is slow as hell though. Last night I downloaded Resistance: Retribution and it took 30 minutes for 1.5 GB.

Gamespawn

Yeah, I would only do it if I could buy some allotted mb amount to use whenever I needed.

The thing is it seems to be impossible to hit that amount. I've subscribed to it and even with heavy use, I only seem to use 75% of the 250 given. Now, if there is heavy skyping involved, you may have a point.

KalBalboa

Banned
I went to the store to get Where is my Heart and Velocity because they are now compatible to the Vita on the US side. (Edit: They still require the PS3 to transfer though.)

Just tried on my Vita during lunch break and couldn't find either of these. Should have read closer.

I'd consider picking up NHL 13 on Vita if it had the full feature set of the console version. Hopefully it's announced.

I'd jump for NHL or Madden. Fifa is extremely tempting too, especially at that sale price from last week.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
The thing is it seems to be impossible to hit that amount. I've subscribed to it and even with heavy use, I only seem to use 75% of the 250 given. Now, if there is heavy skyping involved, you may have a point.

That's the issue for me. I wouldn't use it enough to justify 250mb in 1 month.

Chris R

I'd love an announcement of PSOne on Vita support ("As of RIGHT NOW" would be even better) during the Keynote. Can't wait to see what games get announced at E3 though.

add me to the list of vita owners - mine will be at my house today as soon as USPS gets here. psn is secretanchitman. i only have ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 for the time being, and probably wont get anything else for a while.

on a side note, i asked this in the umvc3 community thread, but i figured i would ask here again - i've read that umvc3 needs a memory card to save, but ive read online from multiple places that it does *not* require one, even though the box states so. can anyone here confirm it? :)

Slappers Only

New Vita owner here. I've always enjoyed having some sort of Playstation around, but I have to say, as deptressing as it is, Sony deserves whatever they get from here on out.

Piggus

Could you clarify that statement a little? It doesn't make much sense. :p What Sony "gets" could be success or failure. Which one were you referring to?

Finally played Where is My Heart? and it is a really cool yet mind bending game. Really like it. But Velocity (Free Mini for plus members) is just awesome. The teleporting mechanic s awesome and totally didn't see that coming. Also put a bunch of other Minis I have been stock playing, including Canabalt which has an awesome theme song btw. And they all look great on the Vita. I was worried they would look terrible because they are minis but Where is My Heart? looks perfect, probably because it is pixel art but still.

Any other must own minis that can be played on the Vita? I have besides the aformentioned;

Mechos War
God who saves the pilgrims
Age of Zombies
Blast Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom