• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

Finally got around to playing Gravity Rush this morning before work. Really really enjoyed it!

Looking forward to the release.

bede-x

Can't take screenshots of the PSP games I've tried. I took some pictures with my phone, but unfortunately it isn't that good.

Without filtering:
BlcXU.jpg

With:
nWQbx.jpg

Without:
MJLZo.jpg

With:
MvPL6.jpg

Maybe someone can do a better job. Personally, I think it looks horrible with the filtering and have never seen stuff like that as an improvement. Wanna improve on the original? Do a remake, don't add effects during emulation.

magawolaz

^ Holy cow, quote those pics please :lol

Having finally finished Devil Survivor Overclocked on the 3DS, I decided to show the Vita some love outside of podcasts. So, I've started playing Tactics Ogre. With filtering to improve the appearance of the text, the game looks phenomenal. However, mechanics-wise, there is just so much to take in. The Devil Survivor games feel very streamlined by comparison. I know I should probably read through all of the guides, but I'm sort of trying to play to understand more and then looking up info as needed. I'm definitely going to stick with the game, just need to overcome the substantial learning curve.
I loved Tactics Ogre. Such an amazing game. But listen to me, do not use filtering: the game is pretty much pixel-based, the bilinear filtering ruins the sprites a bit.
Bilinear filtering OFF with [] + ↓ when in battle = godlike.

It took me some hours to get used to the mechanics, but then I played for something like 50+ hours without troubles. The only thing I didn't like in the game was being unable to check the stats when buying new weapons/armors, but other than that it is probably the best PSP game I played
after TitS.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry. I thougt the full size might have been an advantage to see the detail properly, but it's corrected now. The pictures aren't that good anyway.

If you click on them they temporarily resize to full :)
Also I found them helpful.

Fox1304

You can't transfer HD videos from the PS3 to the Vita? Come the hell on, Sony.

Only 720p versions, no 1080p sadly.
Pretty stupid when you download a 1080p version for your ( generally ) 1080p screen on your PS3, to have to redownload the same video in 720p for the Vita.

Aw, if it's gone on the Australian store it's probably gone in Europe too. Is it worth $9.99? What kind of game is it? A traditional fighter?

There's a patch? Because I bought the game and there's definitely slowdown in it for me.

Pretty sure that patch is a PSP hack.

Ya, it's a CFW hack, and it works beautifully...

The fact the community can do this but Squeenix can't be bothered makes me a sad panda...

Why is FFIV: Collection $30? Come on.

Uh, because it's a top tier game with tonnes of content? You want to buy it cheaper, you can always get the lesser PSX or Gameboy versions... used... if you can find them... for maybe $10 less...

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Uh, because it's a top tier game with tonnes of content? You want to buy it cheaper, you can always get the lesser PSX or Gameboy versions... used... if you can find them... for maybe $10 less...
The physical PSP copy is on Amazon for $20. Why should the digital version be $30?

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
I wish it were possible to watch the Sony conference live on the Vita. I won't be anywhere near my PS3 later on tonight. :(

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Diablo 3 on the Vita would be huge.

Letep

Amazon dropping the ball on release date delivery for Gravity Rush is truly bumming me out.

I'd rather not have to hit up a brick 'n mortar store for it on day one, but I will.

spectyre

You can't transfer HD videos from the PS3 to the Vita? Come the hell on, Sony.
Most of the titles I d/l off PSN have the HD+SD for the same price as just the HD. I put the SD versio in a seperate "Vita Video" folder. Unfortunately, both versions show up on the Vita when I transfer files. A small inconvenience... but still a little annoying.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I swear sony if I don't have PSOne support in the next 24 hours I'm going to have to make a very upset post on a online message board about you.

I'll bet money they mention it, but I wouldn't be as confident in it being available today. A man can dream though.

I dunno. With that PSone game accidentally showing up on one of the PSNs (Euro, I think), it might be plausible. It wouldn't be the first time Sony made something accessible right after they announce it.

FireCloud

I swear sony if I don't have PSOne support in the next 24 hours I'm going to have to make a very upset post on a online message board about you.

I agree. I'm trying to set myself up to keep from being disappointed by thinking that PSOne support won't even be mentioned but I just can't. I have too many PSOne games (purchased and via PS+) that need some OLED luvin and remote play is not the answer.

anddo0

Amazon dropping the ball on release date delivery for Gravity Rush is truly bumming me out.

I'd rather not have to hit up a brick 'n mortar store for it on day one, but I will.

is it possible to get the DLC if you purchase the DD version?
I pre-ordered at GS, because Amazon left me no choice.

Letep

is it possible to get the DLC if you purchase the DD version?
I pre-ordered at GS, because Amazon left me no choice.

I don't think so. I have it ordered on Amazon with overnight shipping, but I may cancel and order from GS.

GS has the DLC I think.

I finally got my Vita back, sent it to sony after it had problems and they sent me a brand new one. Now what exciting things are happening in the Vita universe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom