• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita version of Salt and Sanctuary releasing on March 28th

If Ska Studios didn't do the port then what have they been up to? An expansion to Salt and Sanctuary would be nice but I assume if one was coming it would have been announced by now.

I dusted off, plugged in, and updated my vita yesterday for this. Love the game on the ps4

Shizuka

Cross-buy, like PS+ discounts, usually appear later on the release date. If it's not up until the end of the day, then the developer will have to contact Sony to get it working.

autoduelist

I don't get posts like this, or why anybody would wait for a Vita version before jumping in. PS4 was the perfect platform for S&S, hence why it released there first, and S&S isn't 'just' a Vita game. Don't be fooled by the art style, this game is as good as Dark Souls 3.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear the Silva's outsourced the Vita port. I really hope they're working on a sequel to S&S 'cause I'd be there Day 1 for that.

This game seems like a perfect fit for me. I waited for the vita version, because I know Id never pkay it on my ps4. I like to play open world, racing, and shooter games on my ps4, everything else on my vita. Even if I'm home.

Also, your 'hence' is logically incorrect. Usually first platform is a business decision, it doesn't de facto mean it's the 'perfect' platform.

Opa-Pa

Not showing up to me either... Really hope it's a matter of hours and not another incident like with Downwell again...

Evilkazzzz

Neo Member
Wow, I kind of forgot about this game.

I was holding off on buying it for PC because I knew about the vita version. I've always wanted a Dark Souls like game on vita, and the hunting games weren't doing it for me.

I just hope the port is good. Xcom for vita was kind of a shit show.

"Sony found a temp workaround -- if you redownload Salt and Sanctuary on PS4, it should show up as purchased for Vita."

From the devs on twitter.

Edit: worked for me

Opa-Pa

Oh great, it does work.

I used the browser store on my phone, looked for the PS4 version and it appeared as Free, so I "purchased" it and the option on the Vita version changed from Add to Cart to Download.

CamHostage

I don't get posts like this, or why anybody would wait for a Vita version before jumping in. PS4 was the perfect platform for S&S, hence why it released there first, and S&S isn't 'just' a Vita game. Don't be fooled by the art style, this game is as good as Dark Souls 3.

For me, I knew I would only play this on Vita, I just don't fire up my PS4 all that often unless it's a massive game or something my friends are really into online. (I'm just a portable player at heart.) So until I got solid word that the Vita version would reach completion, I was appreciative but not quite ready to pull the trigger.

(That said, a good sale price on the PS4 game could have made me buy in, I do believe there are other games I bought on discount and just haven't downloaded yet because my backlog is a nightmare and Vita is my only hope of churning through my purchases.

Also, if it has any value at all to the metrics (I'm sure they could see download numbers as well as sales,) I'd like my purchase to be counted as a Vita purchase in the PSN storefront. Vote with your wallet, they say, and I am a registered and dedicated Vitacrat.

heringer

Really enjoying the game. Framerate isn't too hot in a few places, but otherwise it feels great to play. Looks great too. Judging by videos I assumed the game wasn't a looker, but I really like the aesthetics.

Eusis

Oh great, it does work.

I used the browser store on my phone, looked for the PS4 version and it appeared as Free, so I "purchased" it and the option on the Vita version changed from Add to Cart to Download.
This is mostly what I did, except I went to the download list and saw the Vita version there too.

I guess in a sense the game got re-listed as a proper cross-buy, while recognizing that if you owned the PS4 game earlier this one was "free" in that you owned a prior version.

kng3025

me neither! LOL

This game is very impressive for being only 100ish MB while being 1gig on PS4. Dat magic.

Yeah, I'm very impressed. Deleted a bunch of stuff thinking it was going to be at least a gig. Happy to finally have this on my Vita..

Played an hour or so, it's great on Vita. Didn't play on PS4 for long, so I'm happy to come back and play it with decent performance on Vita. Game is pretty good, apes Souls a little too hard in some ways (the game could really use a map, for example) but its a good experience overall.

lutheran

When looking at the file size on the PSN store it says 1014MB for the Vita version. Why is the download only 120 or so MB?

WITHE1982

Oh no does this not have cross save? I have 40 hours (I'm pretty sure I left it on a few times) on the PS4 but never finished

It's never been mentioned so I'm guessing not.

Gutted as it took me forever to get my Jaws Of Death III. Guess I'll have to start over on Vita again (If Sony EU ever decide to OK it).

Bastos

Feels really weird playing on vita after playing on PS4.

I know that the performance isn't bad but I can't take it. :/

EU here, so I can't try it yet. Would you please elaborate? Is the performance not very good?

For me it has been very smooth, at least from what I can judge from the beginning of the game. Didn't got farther in, but according to some other posters, it's smooth overall except some few area where it dips slightly. I think you should be good ^^

^Good.

Alas, I've just read on Reddit that there's a game breaking bug at the Ruined Temple after a certain boss (won't spoil the name) that makes the game crash and prevents from progressing. Plus, the Bell Dropping glitch has been fixed (but not the long jump nor the ladder clipping one).

heringer

Maybe the PS4 version is 60 fps? Haven't played, so I wouldn't know. On Vita it's definitely 30 fps with some dips, but it feels fairly smooth to me.

dugdug

Banned
Maybe the PS4 version is 60 fps? Haven't played, so I wouldn't know. On Vita it's definitely 30 fps with some dips, but it feels fairly smooth to me.

It's 60 FPS on PS4. That was the biggest bummer for me when I loaded up the Vita version.

I'm sure it'll be fine, but still.

Prithee Be Careful

Industry Professional
Sunk about 30-40 hours into this on PS4 but never finished it. Might do a fresh start on Vita. The artstyle definitely won't drop any jaws, but considering the dev team is pretty much one guy, it's got huge depth and build variety and a tonne of content.

Would definitely recommend.

It's kind of hilarious how Yoshichan's post ended up having the opposite effect than intended for me:
1) Everyone else disagreeing with him.
2) Shitting on the art style which is perfectly functional.
3) Tag quote.
I was having doubts but all of this cemented my decision to buy it. Thanks, Yoshichan!

What's funnier is that he followed the game's development for two years and the artstyle/music never stopped him from diving in Day 1.

It's kind of hilarious how Yoshichan's post ended up having the opposite effect than intended for me:
1) Everyone else disagreeing with him.
2) Shitting on the art style which is perfectly functional.
3) Tag quote.
I was having doubts but all of this cemented my decision to buy it. Thanks, Yoshichan!

Edit: Wait, I missed this gem:

Also, let's not bring ratings into the whole thing. Dark Souls is universally praised but that is also a fucking disaster of a game.

What in the flying fuck. Are you seriously incapable of considering your personal opinion being objectively wrong? I don't know how to put this in any way that doesn't sound like an attack, but between that and DMC2 you are quite possibly the person with the worst taste in games I've ever come across. Mother of god.

SarusGray

Love the game! It runs well, plays well and overall having a blast. If cross save was included at some point that would cement this as my vita GOTY. :).

MrS

Banned
Also, your 'hence' is logically incorrect. Usually first platform is a business decision, it doesn't de facto mean it's the 'perfect' platform.
Oh but I'm sure the Vita is the perfect platform for Salt and Sanctuary. That's why it's releasing on Vita 13 months later than it did on PS4 and all work on the product has been outsourced. Ska Studios obviously thinks Vita is the perfect platform for S&S, sure.

Evilkazzzz

Neo Member
Wow, this game is Harder than I thought it would be, and I beat Bloodborne and Dark souls 1.

Maybe because I'm playing a hunter with just a whip and a crossbow (which lacks a shield), that I'm having a harder time with some bosses. The alchemist kicked my ass for a while. And evendors the first boss took me a couple tries.

SarusGray

Wow, this game is Harder than I thought it would be, and I beat Bloodborne and Dark souls 1.

Maybe because I'm playing a hunter with just a whip and a crossbow (which lacks a shield), that I'm having a harder time with some bosses. The alchemist kicked my ass for a while. And evendors the first boss took me a couple tries.
Shields in this game are op. I'd grab one haha

BumRush

Alchemist was the hardest boss for me when I played the PS4 version. Love his design, HATED playing against him.

Grisby

I'm buying this too later on today. Always interested in it but was waiting for the vita version.

My first Ska game was Charlie Murder and I was suprised at how much fun I had with it. The art style even grew on me after a while.

Top Bottom