• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitehawk

Banned
So, has anyone else noticed this with the screen? When there are bright colours being displayed, or a white screen there is that 'crystal' like effect. Perhaps 'stained-glass' effect would describe it better. The bottom screen on the DS/3DS also suffers from this. It's really annoying =/

Mastperf

Can some of you guys with fast connections do me a favor and run the internet connection test and tell me what you get. I can't seem to get above 14mbps on the test and seem to top out at 1 megabyte per sec on downloads.

legbone

Doesn't seem to be working :(

the link or the pic? i had to copy and paste the address into my browser to get the link to work. don't know why the direct link didn't work. i can't get the photo to work. i can see it in the content manager but when i transfer it it becomes unviewable. guessing it is the wrong size or something.

I need to confess my love for super stardust again.

Playing on hardcore at the moment. When you beat all the planets, it loops back to the beginning on a harder difficulty. I think the 1st place person has gone through 3-4 loops. The fact that it loops make the replay value so so high.

Love this game. Love the leaderboards. Just...so much love, lol.

matmanx1

http://i.imgur.com/le8LH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/S1r6f.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/f5KgE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HcHps.jpg

This is the Hori Hard Pouch. Comes in a variety of colors. I got mine from Play-Asia for $12.99+ shipping and by using the Fed Ex option I ordered this case on Wed. evening and received it Friday before noon from Hong Kong! Also note the strap on my Vita in the second image. Someone mentioned a Wii remote strap early in this thread and I adopted that practice and it has served me well for both added protection against drops AND the fact that the Vita is now much easier to get out of any pouch I put it in. Just tug on the strap and out it comes.

Anyway, I really love the color and that makes up for the lack of additional storage pouches for me. Shown in the last 2 shots are the size comparison with the FEB case. It's not much smaller but it is a little thinner and feels sleeker just because the finish is so nice.

the link or the pic? i had to copy and paste the address into my browser to get the link to work. don't know why the direct link didn't work. i can't get the photo to work. i can see it in the content manager but when i transfer it it becomes unviewable. guessing it is the wrong size or something.

Oh, pasting the address worked, but I've not tried to get it on my Vita yet. My other half is addicted to the Lumines demo..

legbone

cool. glad it worked for you. i cannot get the damn thing to transfer right. i'm guessing it's the size since i can see it on my pc through the vita on the content manager but once transferred it's fucked. oh well, i have no idea how to resize things so guess i'll pass. too bad, it looked awesome on the vita screen in the content manager.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I just won a Vita via the Taco Bell Contest :D I'm getting Hot Shots and LBP. Those might be the only games I'll own for awhile (no job) but still I'm so excited :D

Great someone won it who wouldnt be able to enjoy it otherwise :)

patsu

~45 USD for DD content. Ugh. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Oh you take your own life so trivially. Surely it costs more than 45 bucks to kill yourself ? Or move to another planet ?

Smart consumers can always buy their favorite/important games digitally, and other not-so-sure ones on retail game cards. They can also juggle their spending based on discounts and deals.

IMACOMPUTA

Re: not being able to log-in to gaf via secondapps on the vita --

You have to click the login button. If you just hit enter on the vita keyboard, it won't log you in.

It usually takes me 2 times to login everytime because i always forget. :/

gkryhewy

Oh you take your own life so trivially. Surely it costs more than 45 bucks to kill yourself ? Or move to another planet ?

Smart consumers can always buy their favorite/important games digitally, and other not-so-sure ones on retail game cards. They can also juggle their spending based on discounts and deals.

Futurama reference.

I understand the puchasing strategy; I just have pangs about what this means for the future of the industry. DD-only probably isn't too far away, amd this pricing model will make it a tough pill to swallow.

whitehawk

Banned
Anyone else having trouble using their accounts with Netflix? It won't let me enter my email adress or password. I enter 1 letters, and then the keypad locks up =/

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Are my speakers working correctly, sound is pretty low, even when maxed, half way I can barley hear a thing, is that right?

Depends on what you mean when you say you can barely hear a thing. I think the speakers are pretty weak, but I don't have problems hearing, say, dialogue as long as there isn't much outside noise.

Bastion

I can't access PSN right now via the Vita. It says it is undergoing maintenance. Has anyone been able to get on?

It then let me on but is now giving me an error-NP-8677-8.

Flunkie

Banned
I would kinda like analog scrolling for the web browser.

Servers are getting smashed. It's kicking me off on PS3 too.

Question: Super Monkey Ball Adventure work on Vita? It's on sale for $10.

kaizenmx

Banned
Sorry bros, but...

untitled-1x2rm1.jpg

whitehawk

Banned
My biggest grip with the Vita right now is how it forces you to use the touchscreen. I'm watching a video, and the only way I can fast forward is using the touch screen? Why can't I press forward to fast-forward a bit? or press x/start to pause?

Cloudy

Banned
My biggest grip with the Vita right now is how it forces you to use the touchscreen. I'm watching a video, and the only way I can fast forward is using the touch screen? Why can't I press forward to fast-forward a bit? or press x/start to pause?

Seriously. It's beyond dumb

ferr

Anyone have their vita freeze on them? It froze up on the friends screen, can't get it to reset or shut off or anything.

I need some help i can't seem to set wallpaper backgrounds anymore im getting an error
C2=12543-5,80105907. Anyone else having this problem?

It could have something to do with me getting a new memory card and restoring but i dont know.

I can set a lock screen just fine if anyone knows how to fix it ill appreciated it thanks.

Nevermind i fixed it had to restore settings.

Mastperf

Anyone have their vita freeze on them? It froze up on the friends screen, can't get it to reset or shut off or anything.

Just hold the power button until it resets.

I had it lock up on the browser as a reminder that it is indeed a Sony system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom