• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 games on PS4 : The list

RedBoot

As I said in the Drop topic, I'm hoping Eternal Ring is a sign that we'll start to get some of the Agetec/FromSoft PS2 library, which has some gems in it.

As for Eternal Ring itself, I never played it back in the day, but it looks like it might be a fun bit of jank to grab in a sale.

Hobbun

Has the bugs been fixed with Wild ARMS 3? I remember seeing there were some big issues with it not long after it was released, people crashing out of the game.

RedBoot

Has the bugs been fixed with Wild ARMS 3? I remember seeing there were some big issues with it not long after it was released, people crashing out of the game.

According to Google it was, though I haven't confirmed that for myself.

The bug was apparently with a specific enemy and a specific attack, so even if it's not fixed it is avoidable (just run from that enemy).

Hobbun

According to Google it was, though I haven't confirmed that for myself.

The bug was apparently with a specific enemy and a specific attack, so even if it's not fixed it is avoidable (just run from that enemy).

I thought it was happening more due to when using magic attacks, especially in one of the dungeons. I believe the river valley type dungeons.

Hobbun

Is a game always the most current, up to date version (patches included) on PSN?

I had to re-download Wild ARMS 3 recently as I upgraded to a PS4 Pro, and it didn't give any notifications on patches being downloaded, as well. And I know some have been released for this game.

Lnds500

Question in regards to the patches for these games, are they incorporated into the game if you need to re-download it?

In my example, I purchased a PS4 Pro not too long back, so had to re-download all of my digital games. When I downloaded Wild ARMS 3, there weren't any notifications on any patches for the game, but I know they have been released.

So were the patches incorporated as part of the game already when I re-downloaded it from the PS Store?

Options>Information>Version

Option>Update History

Footos22

Is a game always the most current, up to date version (patches included) on PSN?

I had to re-download Wild ARMS 3 recently as I upgraded to a PS4 Pro, and it didn't give any notifications on patches being downloaded, as well. And I know some have been released for this game.

Yeah. Downloads are the most current version

KalBalboa

Banned
I'm itching for some Tekken Tag Tournament.

My KS8000 doesn't support my PS2, so I'm hoping we get a PS2 on PS4 someday.

I know, nobody mention it or is waiting for it but now I have to say it.

Where is Legaia 2? It was rated 12 month ago! I'm desperately waiting since it got leaked, why are you doing this to me Sony? Q-Q

VLiberty

Just got Ape Escape 2, it's my second "PS2-to-PS4" game after Psychonauts. I've still not played Psychonauts but it didn't look too hot, AE2 on the other hand looks great. If the Jak games are gonna getting the same treatment, they'll look better than the PS3 remasters.

By the way, where the hell is Ape Escape 3

TheDharmaVan

Neo Member
I'm disappointed so far that Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories from the PS2 haven't been put on the PS4 yet. I though that it would have been easy money for Rockstar.

Keym

I'm disappointed so far that Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories from the PS2 haven't been put on the PS4 yet. I though that it would have been easy money for Rockstar.
You can literally say this about almost every popular PS2 game out there. I don't get what's stopping them from releasing these versions.

That doesn't necessarily mean it won't be released before hand, no? It's bundled sure, but the other 4 games aren't, and they're slated for re-release too.
O no I wasn't saying that's the only way to get them
Released beforehand idk tho. They'll probably release that same day

Music licensing. Especially for Vice City Stories. Rockstar might not have updated the licensing so unless they do it's no bueno.

_Rob_

Music licensing. Especially for Vice City Stories. Rockstar might not have updated the licensing so unless they do it's no bueno.

I wouldn't imagine so, they're available on the PS3's store as well as the Vita's. Isn't there also some legal haven as long as they don't touch the game's code? They're only emulated after all, the trophy's are triggered by external code reading hex values if memory serves.

Kinan

OP is updated, we are up to 45 PS2 games, ladies and gentlemen, at least on the US store.

Also Star Ocean® Till The End Of Time™ sets a new record for a single PS2 game price on PS4 with 20.99$, beating a previous record holder (Destroy all humans) by 1 full dollar.

VLiberty

OP is updated, we are up to 45 PS2 games, ladies and gentlemen, at least on the US store.

Also Star Ocean® Till The End Of Time™ sets a new record for a single PS2 game price on PS4 with 20.99$, beating a previous record holder (Destroy all humans) by 1 full dollar.

DAH 1&2 were in that crazy Humble bundle though

I'm still hating on myself cause I didn't get that bundle...

Lnds500

Sucks nothing came of Persona 3 FES.

I still believe...

Ow5ra.gif

Top Bottom