• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 games on PS4 : The list

Ludens

Banned
I'm playing Arc the Lad, I bought it because when I was a kid I had the original disc but it was scratched so the game used to freeze when Playing, so I couldn't progress.
Man, this game is very slow. The fact cities and locations feel empty and the character design is not that great don't help, does the game get better going on?
I'm on chapter 1, the first time you use Darc.

bede-x

Have they completely forgotten Ape Escape 3?

Would also like to see Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity on PS4 (or through XO BC). Shame things are moving so slowly

Lutherian

I had no knowledge of what was to come. Nor did I care. How the knowledge changed me... It will also change you. As you read this, you will come to learn fear as I have. You too, will come to understand, or you will perish. To think that once I could not see beyond the veil of our reality, to see those who dwell behind. My life now has purpose, for I have learned the frailty of flesh and bone. I was once a fool…

I bought Star Ocean: Till the End of Time on PS4. And this is probably my new worst RPG I ever played in my life.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I just want Raw Danger and Castlevania: Curse of Darkness.

FinalAres

I thought things were improving for ps2 on PS4 but there's been nothing new for months! Oh well.

The optimist in me says the same team are preparing a load of ps1 games for 5.0!

Qwark

Be patient.

Legaia 2 got rated 13 or 14 months ago, it still isn't online.

Oh man, I had no idea Legaia 2 got rated. Legend of Legaia is one of my all time favorites, and in comparison Legaia 2 was pretty meh, but I'd still replay it if they put it up. What I really want is a Legaia 3, give it to Media.Vision or something.

BigEmil

Yup, waiting for Legaia 2 and Ape Escape 3. I still believe.
Ape Escape 3 definitely won't happen

Likely because Ape Escape 3 includes Mesal (Metal) Gear Solid: Snake Escape minigame of Konami and Konami preventing release of this game on PS4...
Otherwise there's no other explainable reason why it's not out yet...

In 2015 December it was rated on ESRB rating board along with Siren, Primal, Wild Arms 3 and all of those already released except Ape Escape 3

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/esrb-rates-wild-arms-3-siren-primal-okage-ape-escape-3-ps4

Then in December 2016 it got rated again in PEGI rating board but still nothing yet

http://www.pegi.info/en/index/global_id/505/?searchString=Ape+escape+3

latest

hqdefault.jpg

https://youtu.be/d-iOdIuPLMA
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1418574&page=2

Shifty1897

I've been wanting to replay some Tri-Ace games but they're not on PSN!

Need my Radiata Stories and Valkyrie Profile 2 fix!

Gradon

Even if Konami don't play ball, I'm sure Sony can just lock the mode off completely. I want my Ape Escape 3 damnit.

BigEmil

No offense, but why should we take your conjecture to mean it definitely won't happen? Do you have like a source, or credibility?

They've been extremely slow with PS2 classics, I don't think it being so long is a sign it got axed. Konami may be an issue, or they may play ball, who knows.
The fact that it being trademarked multiple times and was meant to release ages ago and still haven't released yet I can bet 100% Ape Escape 3 won't be on PS2PS4

sw26

Did the GTA 'Stories' games ever get rated for release?

We have just about every other Rockstar game on the service and I think I remember both coming out on PS3.

Mar Nosso

Banned
Shouldn't Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy be added to the list? I got it for free by pre-ordering Uncharted: The Lost Legacy on Amazon UK.

Ludens

Banned
Man, Primal is such a buggy mess.
The game itself is very fun, in fact I'm still playing it despite the HUGE amounts of bugs I triggered, some of them game-breaking too.

-The boss in the colosseum wouldn't spawn for me
-I got stuck inside the tower in Aquis because I couldn't switch to Scree after the boss fight to end the chapter

Luckily there's a cheat to unlock chapter selection, so if you get stuck, you can use that...but it resets to a default setting the amount of life gems and transformation gems you had.

Oh man, I had no idea Legaia 2 got rated. Legend of Legaia is one of my all time favorites, and in comparison Legaia 2 was pretty meh, but I'd still replay it if they put it up. What I really want is a Legaia 3, give it to Media.Vision or something.

Legend of Legaia 1 is one of my favorite games of all time too.
I freaking loved the fighting system so damn much as a child, fantastic RPG story, wonderful music, it's sooooo underrated.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Legend of Legaia 1 is one of my favorite games of all time too.
I freaking loved the fighting system so damn much as a child, fantastic RPG story, wonderful music, it's sooooo underrated.

Same. It's so good.

Shame that it's never been re-released. Hell, it actually has a freezing bug when run on a PS3 IIRC.

Since Sony is doing PS2 games on PS4 right now, its sequel (which I never played) is our best bet to get anything Legaia at all.

Kinan

Can we get a Mod to update the OP ?

Why would you need a mod for that? ;) Just mention my name when the update is needed, and I will do it.

It is not much work, unless I missed something, there were only two new games released over the course of the last 3 month...

EDIT: Ok, there were 3 games in 3 months.

-shadow-

I'm curious of the original Fatal Frame trilogy ever makes it into the store. I have them on my PS3 (for a buck each), but I find PS3 emulation rather bad. Going by the list, I'm guessing never, but still.

FinalAres

This might be a bad / unwelcome suggestion.

But would it be interesting to get a separate header for PS2 games that have been fully remastered and released. So like FFXII TZA, FFX HD, //Hack. Just to get a fuller picture of PS2s representation/availability on current gen? Obviously aware its work to compile it, just thought it might be interesting to see.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like there's just not that many.

xrnzaaas

Any chance for Manhunt 2 making an appearance? I'm enjoying replaying Manhunt 1 (if only the controls didn't age so poorly).

Kinan

This might be a bad / unwelcome suggestion.

But would it be interesting to get a separate header for PS2 games that have been fully remastered and released. So like FFXII TZA, FFX HD, //Hack. Just to get a fuller picture of PS2s representation/availability on current gen? Obviously aware its work to compile it, just thought it might be interesting to see.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like there's just not that many.

Well, make the list and I'll integrate it into OP, why not.

Top Bottom