• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 60G available at Bestbuy.com

Miburou

I couldn't make a purchase using IE; it would kick me back to the site's welcome page everytime I clicked on something. But it seems to be working fine with FireFox.

Carl2282

just wanted to let you guys know that i just recieved an e-mail from best buy saying it shipped. so i should be posting my psn id friday (payed for faster shipping)

Slurpy said:
I'm not sure if anyone else has had the same experience, but I saw a mountain of PS3s at my BestBuy yesterday. They were desperately trying to get rid of them, as they were overstocked, but nobody was biting. As I was leaving, they offered me a complimentary one, if I would only make a purchase of $20 or greater at the store. Little did they know that Im not one to be persuaded and suckered so easily, and they were not able to scam me. They then waived the $20 purchase, and told me to just take a system. Aware of their sly ways, I inquired whether they would ship it to my house free of charge- as I expected, shipping was not included and I was expected to carry it to my car myself. Always a catch. Again, no dice.

As I left the store I glanced back, and saw an unfortunate and grisly scene of dozens of PS3s being unloaded into the dumpster by the employees. I had a mind to go and scold them about what a waste that was, and that the box and packing material could be recycled and should be disposed of as such. But it seemed like too much effort.

:lol :lol :lol

neoxavean

Banned
It's funny to see forum armchair industry analysis fall apart when the broad public ends up participating in gaming.

-You'll be able to walk in any store and buy the Wii on launch.
-PS3 will outsell the Wii as soon as the shipments increase.

Dateline a month and a half later, and the PS3 sales have tapered off drastically compared to the Wii (which presumably has had more shipments due to its simple architecture), the Xbox 360 at the time of its launch, and especially the crazed demand for the PS2 when it was released.

And yet still, people are shocked that the PS3 is still available on the Best Buy website. :lol

neoxavean said:
It's funny to see forum armchair industry analysis fall apart when the broad public ends up participating in gaming.

-You'll be able to walk in any store and buy the Wii on launch.
-PS3 will outsell the Wii as soon as the shipments increase.

Dateline a month and a half later, and the PS3 sales have tapered off drastically compared to the Wii (which presumably has had more shipments due to its simple architecture), the Xbox 360 at the time of its launch, and especially the crazed demand for the PS2 when it was released.

And yet still, people are shocked that the PS3 is still available on the Best Buy website. :lol
christ, your post history reads like a car wreck

kenta

Has no PEINS
Someone on another forum said they looked last night and Best Buy was sold out. It was back in stock this morning, though

Somnia

I just got back from Best Buy picking up HDDVD's of Serenity and Pitch Black and stopped to talk to one of my old high school buddies who works there. He said they gota shipment of 40 PS3's in last week and as of today have only sold 9 of them.

bud

Somnia said:
I just got back from Best Buy picking up HDDVD's of Serenity and Pitch Black and stopped to talk to one of my old high school buddies who works there. He said they gota shipment of 40 PS3's in last week and as of today have only sold 9 of them.

oh noes :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

svenuce

Mine shipped yesterday. :)

Which is good because in the Bay Area, they're still nearly impossible to find in-stores.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
urk said:
You know, they could be moving in more units from the back of the house as they sell on the floor. I'm sure the initial frenzy is dying down, but I find it hard to believe that they aren't selling at all.
Most of the Best Buys, in this area at least, keep all of their 360s and PS3s in a locked cage up near the registers at all times. There is no "backstock" for those items.

That may not be the case everywhere, though.

jimbo

Banned
anachronous_one said:
Most of the Best Buys, in this area at least, keep all of their 360s and PS3s in a locked cage up near the registers at all times. There is no "backstock" for those items.

That may not be the case everywhere, though.

That's exactly how it is at the one in Greensboro, NC. They just have one big cage where they keep systems, and it was half empty so it wasn't like if they had more they didn't have the room for them. They did.

Most of the Best Buys I went to told me that they do not advertise at all when they receive PS3's in stock and basically, you have to go to an employee to ask if they have them available. I still think quite a few people have gotten to the point where if they don't see them on the shelves, they insinuate that they are all gone.

Top Bottom