• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Mandoric said:
Half an hour of RTC drift over four years isn't particularly amazing. It's a pretty accurate sign that some people won't be fixed until half an hour -after- actual GMT midnight because theirs drifted the other way, so don't freak out if it rolls over and you're still broken.
Very good point, I think it also shows how fickle these systems can be.

PS3 sets date to 29/02 accidentally "Oh, this date cannot be right, let's do a time warp! *kablamo*"
PS3 sets date to 01/03 "Ah, that's all OK now, wee".
If this does one thing, it may go some way to explaining just why people were so worried about the Y2K bug.

Josh7289

I haven't turned my PS3 on since the crisis started, until just now (it's a 60 GB purchased in July 2007):

6:45 PM EST: Date on my PS3 reads 2/28 6:45 PM, PSN auto sign in works
6:46 PM EST: Did a date and time update via Internet, date on my PS3 is now 3/1 6:46 PM EST

No loss of anything.

geinou said:
Lots of happy relieved faces at the Sony HQ. I guess. :lol

2r4hfkk.jpg

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
TTP said:
60GB back alive here.

BTW, I was fiddling with the GMT settings in the XMB and... I just realized a 3D Earth similar to the one in Earth music visualizer shows up in the background of the GMT setting menu. Is this new? Never noticed before. It even rotates depending on highlighted timezones/cities.
Been there for a long time. Pretty spiffy.

Foxix Von

SONY YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRRRRGH!!!!

First thing I did was pop in Demon's Souls AND YOU MOTHER FUCKERS RESET MY TROPHIES! I STILL DON'T HAVE MY GODDAMN TROPHIES YOU ASSHOLES!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Oni Jazar said:
Doesn't work for everyone and I've tried those tricks.

Just hang on. It only means that your clock is probably more accurate than the rest of us :p Systems could come back anytime between now and maybe up to half an hour or more after midnight gmt. The clocks aren't all synched.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Mama Robotnik said:
Millions of non-gamers, potential customers, fucking millions of them will be reading about how the PS3s are unrelaiable. This will be become fact to them.

This is concentrated PR poison!
The article will probably mention that new models were unaffected.

jetles said:
what movie is this from?
The Matrix.

So the system corrected itself or Sony did something, because I can't get my PS3 online yet, I haven't had it on since this whole fiasco started and I don't want to if I have to wait until the system is connected online?

meancode said:
I disabled/enabled Internet like I saw earlier in this thread. Signed into PSN fine. Updated clock via Internet fine.

I had 74% trophies in Heavy Rain before this problem started.

I now have 0%. So yea, just a little fucking pissed off right now.

If any trophies don't show up, start the game, exit and resync the trophies. For some games, you might have to play for a minute or so and then exit.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Foxix said:
SONY YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRRRRGH!!!!

First thing I did was pop in Demon's Souls AND YOU MOTHER FUCKERS RESET MY TROPHIES! I STILL DON'T HAVE MY GODDAMN TROPHIES YOU ASSHOLES!
Now exit DS and resynch. Should work.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Killthee said:
My system still ain't working as well. The internal clocks probably aren't synced; all systems should start working again within the next hour or so.

Try setting your time zone to GMT 0. Mine was GMT +1 when I tried and it didn't work. I set it to GMT +0 and boom! It works. Not sure if coincidence.

It works fine now that I've set it back to GMT +1

Mama Robotnik said:
Holy shit. Sony has made the front page of one of the UK's most widely-read newspapers.

15564270.jpg

Can see it here if you need proof.

Sony. The main story on the UK's third/fourth most read newspaper.

Publicity gods.

And in the night news in the most viewed news here at Spain.
The fun thing is that when they were taling about the news the first image was a kid playing with the gamecube :lol

gotee12

jiien said:
Pulling the AC cord probably did nothing. Unless that's a roundabout way to 'disable' the internet connection of your PS3. Otherwise, the clock just happened to get to the next day while you had it unplugged.

Anyway, yay for our working consoles now! Wee.

I agree, and stranger coincidences have happened. I just wanted to through it out there in case somehow or another it had some part in it...

meancode said:
I disabled/enabled Internet like I saw earlier in this thread. Signed into PSN fine. Updated clock via Internet fine.

I had 74% trophies in Heavy Rain before this problem started.

I now have 0%. So yea, just a little fucking pissed off right now.

Start Heavy Rain. Check trophies in the Extras menu, just in case. Exit game. Sync trophies in XMB. Let us know if they're back.

Top Bottom