• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Salaadin said:
Threads like these is why this place is so great. :lol
Thanks for making the potential destruction of the Playstation brand fun.
:lol :lol

Dipswitch

Mines working too. Such an anticlimactic ending to it all. First time I can recall being disappointed that one of my electronic devices didn't burst into flames :D

AntMurda said:
Ok guys.

Back in. But.

My Heavy Rain trophies were lost. I was at 61% right before the stupid mishap. I resynched and only 5% of my trophies registered for Heavy Rain.

This really sucks. Wasting my valuable time here.
Try it again. I got all my lost trophies back.

Mad_Ban

shagg_187 said:
cv0089.jpg
Holy fucking shit!! :lol :lol :lol

Hag

Cool, my 80gb Motorstorm bundle with BC just come back to the present! But I think I lost my WKC trophies. ):

Gonna try my MvC 2 and some stuff now.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So wait I went to make a sandwich and boom just like that it's fixed???

Can we turn our PS3's on?

Agent X

And I'm back to report success! :D

Date is being shown as 2/28/2010.

While my system was glitched, the time was showing as 6:41 every time I reset the system. Perhaps it has to actually reach the "glitched" time before it corrects itself.

Holy shit. Sony has made the front page of one of the UK's most widely-read newspapers.

15564270.jpg

Can see it here if you need proof.

Sony. The main story on the UK's third/fourth most read newspaper.

Publicity gods.

Vanille

Mandoric said:
Half an hour of RTC drift over four years isn't particularly amazing. It's a pretty accurate sign that some people won't be fixed until half an hour -after- actual GMT midnight because theirs drifted the other way, so don't freak out if it rolls over and you're still broken.

Yeah, but that still doesn't explain why they all screwed up at the same time.

Downhome

Ok, I just got in on my MGS4 80GB.

My date says 2/28 6:58 though. I'll go see if I can fix that.

EDIT:

Used the "set using internet" option or whatever and it is now 3/1/2010 6:44. :D

nyong

Banned
Mad_Ban said:
Interesting that PS3's are fixing themselves 30 minutes before the expected time.

My guess is that the internal clock is running fast on most. :lol
With all the wonky dates I'm not convinced yet that all is well. Also, not everyone is up and running yet. And trophies/saves are missing for some. It's looking promising, but this is still a fiasco.

I refuse to even turn mine on to check until the stroke of midnight.

Baha

Mad_Ban said:
Interesting that PS3's are fixing themselves 30 minutes before the expected time.

That's why you have an OS clock to keep it on time. Brothers, we made it!

yurinka

Mad_Ban said:

Sony PR: This is thanks to the unmatched power of the CELL. It's too fast even to resurrect.

Magnus

Agent X said:
And I'm back to report success! :D

Date is being shown as 2/28/2010.

While my system was glitched, the time was showing as 6:41 every time I reset the system. Perhaps it has to actually reach the "glitched" time before it corrects itself.

I like this theory. My time was stuck at 6:35pm, and that's around exactly the time when things began working again.

gofreak said:
Oh but there's a new beginning. The beginning of our quest for....free copies of GoWIII!

Get complainin' people!
Well in that case, this is outrageous Sony, a god damned Greek tragedy. We demand blood! Preferrably from Greek gods! :D

gotee12

Covfan said:
Mine is still buggered. 40GB here.

Try unplugging the power cord from the wall. Seriously. My 80GB signed back in first try with no trophy damage AFTER I unplugged the power from the wall. Before that, I couldn't get anything to work right.

Yopis

Hey guys I can sign back in and wing commander 4 works along with all my games. Glad I survived this was almost out of water and cigarettes.

Chakan

40GB model here working 100%.

Corrupted themes are ok, saves are ok, trophies are ok.

Piece of advice...adjust the clock before doing anything else. After that run the game which you may think you lost you trophies, then check the trophies from inside the game and only after that exit the game and resync the trophies.

Worked here and my trophies are all there.

Razor210

I am back...however:

Isn't it still saying that the time is 11:45 GMT time...on february 28th? Is it possible that this could all happen again?

PS3 can fix itself given some time, superior console confirmed.:lol

I love all the threads that appeared over the Internet today saying this is the same as RRoD, PS3 is doomed, FFXIII X360 preorders on the rise due to bug, people taking their PS3s to GAME for refund. Got to love mankind's stupidity.

Top Bottom