• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Firmware 1.92 is up.

Dezcom

sol_bad said:
Does anyone else have issues withh the PSN store or browser? I can't log in to the PSN store and no pages will load in the browser.

It's quite annoying.

I had this same problem and someone (I forget who, sorry!) earlier in the thread mentioned clearing your cookies will fix it, and it worked for me.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I got to page 4 and got impatient with the lack of patch info. Is this basically a stealth warhawk patch?

mackaveli

what other people are saying about resistance in-game friends list. it loads almost instanteounsly*. pretty awesome considering my friends list is maxed out and it usually took a while to load up everything and the avatars but it was a smooth transition and no chugging. i am very surprised and hopefully they are cutting back on the ram requirements for that feature.

Trevelyon said:
Mentioned?

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga (PAL)

Now boots past the Ghostlight logo, and works fine now.

Arrgh. Curse you! I tried this title out last night but couldn't be bothered getting on to post about it until today :lol

Other PAL "news" (no change really)

Already mentioned:
Soul Calibur 3 continues to run like crap.

Other incompatible titles I own:
7 Blades still gives you an incompatibility message
Silent Hill 2 Director's Cut still hangs with a black screen and music on New Game
Yakuza still hangs on the Escape the Funeral stage

Still glad about Digital Devil Saga though. I picked it and DDS2 not one week ago only to find the first incompatible and reading that it's best to play them in order. I bought Yakuza at the same time. Was not a good purchase at the time :lol

sol_bad

Dezcom said:
I had this same problem and someone (I forget who, sorry!) earlier in the thread mentioned clearing your cookies will fix it, and it worked for me.

Thanks heaps for that, it's now working perfectly fine.

M3wThr33

Banned
I found one new feature.
When you zoom in an image, THEN go to the Set-Wallpaper, the zoom doesn't reset.
That way you can press the home button and test it first.

I specifically remember it resetting when I would go to set it.

DuckRacer

M3wThr33 said:
I found one new feature.
When you zoom in an image, THEN go to the Set-Wallpaper, the zoom doesn't reset.
That way you can press the home button and test it first.

I specifically remember it resetting when I would go to set it.
It did that before.

Vrolokus

Banned
So... did 1.92 really affect Lair at all, or is that just people imagining things? I didn't play Lair pre-update, so I have no idea.

20070907.jpg

OMG, is it true!?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Vrolokus said:
So... did 1.92 really affect Lair at all, or is that just people imagining things? I didn't play Lair pre-update, so I have no idea.
I didn't notice any difference, but I did finish the game before 1.92 came out, and only played chunks of few levels after updating.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Hmmm is it just me or do the memory cards (virtual & via adaptor) take longer to load after this update? Yeah pictures, the video previews and the game stuff is noticably faster but it feels like they bricked the mem card stuff.

I don't know what parts of the XMB people are saying run faster, but loading games off the HDD isn't. Before and after I downloaded the update I timed flOw, Go! Sudoku, Super Stardust, GT HD, and the Darkness and Heavenly Sword demos from the moment I selected them until an arbitrary title screen. None of them loaded any faster.

However, I noticed that instead of spinning "waiting" icons before the video previews for games, there are stillframe title cards. Did those exist before?

patsu

I think some people are refering to how XMB friend icons load faster now. It's hard to tell whether 1.92 contributed to that because Sony also partner with Lime Light CDN lately.

For me, I noticed more sensitive controls (a little too sensitive for me, but ok) and faster web browser to my regular sites.

Top Bottom