• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 launch event in France: guess which troll is banned until the first price drop

Dot50Cal

Banned
It astounds me how noone learns from past threads.

Nearly all the long time posters here are exaderating this, and its all to attract junior members to expose themselves as idiots and fanboys.

Its like this every thread at launches and I get my popcorn ready each time. The added hilarity of Microsoft actually plunking down an XBOAT and chairs has made this the best one yet.

Bravo GAF, Bravo.

Shapingo

Cerebral Palsy said:
This just shows how desperate and afraid MS is of the launch of the far superior PS3. MS needs to live with the fact that Sony has introduced true next gen gaming to Europe and try to act like adults.

:lol :lol :lol
Seriously, which MOD hijacked his account. I won't tell anyone.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Shapingo said:
:lol :lol :lol
Seriously, which MOD hijacked his account. I won't tell anyone.

No crap. It was annoying before, and it's still annoying now, but it seems like someone is trying to even out the GAF karma.

vilmer_

Dot50Cal said:

Nearly all the long time posters here are exaderating this, and its all to attract junior members to expose themselves as idiots and fanboys.

Its like this every thread at launches and I get my popcorn ready each time. The added hilarity of Microsoft actually plunking down an XBOAT and chairs has made this the best one yet.

Bravo GAF, Bravo.

Bravo!

Pilopo

Banned
Dot50Cal said:

Bravo GAF, Bravo.

Exagerating what ? that they only sold 300ish PS3 out of 1000 at the biggest event in France Paris ? Where they totally used fight for a PS2 back in the day at launch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt6ZUhn6nFQ ?

JCBossman

Banned
cryptic said:
I think the short guy in the front with the leather jacket should be photoshopped.

He IS a weird looking Feller, like a cross between a Miniature John Travolta and I don't know what? I do LOVE that jacket though.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
PepsimanVsJoe said:
I need to see more pictures of line-ups before I can confirm/deny that Sony is dead.

Well, I would say in France the initial indications are pretty bad- published reports saying 50 consoles were sold out of the 1K available at the Paris launch.

vilmer_

WickedAngel said:
Not to mention the fact that the PS3, in Europe, launched with one of the strongest lineups ever to come out of the gate with a system.

If anything, I think this confirms that console gaming popularity as a whole really isn't what it appears to be.

Hcoregamer00 said:
Once they offer college discounts on the thing it is MINE.
I got vista for free via my uni, though its business model only.

I believe that GAME open for ps3 trading at 8am, thats in 2 hours 8 minutes from now. Get some UK results then.

vilmer_ said:
If anything, I think this confirms that console gaming popularity as a whole really isn't what it appears to be.

The Wii and the 360 are doing fine.

The only thing this confirms is that the people who said the price of the PS3 was too high were completely right.

Blablurn

The PS3 rocks Germany. Even in my little hometown (60.000 people) the shops opened at 12 o'clock and the stores were full!

Flyguy

Dot50Cal said:

Bravo GAF, Bravo.

Sony threw a party at the Eiffel Tower and 50 people showed up. By all accounts the European launch failed horribly, which would make Sony 0-3 in territory launches. Reports of Sony's demise are somewhat premature, but we've witnessed it get battered in the last 20 months like none of us ever imagined. The PlayStation brand is so tarnished at this point that I don't know where there go from here. People throw around price drop like it's a panacea, but can Sony even afford to lose that much money per console?

Edit: Remember, there were maybe 250,000 PS3's sold WW last month. Europe was supposed to kickstart things. What if Europe settles into around 100,000 consoles a month?

vilmer_

WickedAngel said:
The Wii and the 360 are doing fine.

The only thing this confirms is that the people who said the price of the PS3 was too high were completely right.

The Wii novelty is slowly starting to wear off. The 360 was the only new and great console for a year. People bashing the PS3 because they can't afford it is total lame. Put your back into it and put in some overtime or else come to the PC where gaming is where it's meant to be ;) Most of you "new gen" gamers probably have a nice HDTV, if you can afford that then you shouldn't be complaining about a measly $600.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Flyguy said:
The PlayStation brand is so tarnished at this point that I don't know where there go from here.

Maybe they'll do what Nintendo did to the Game Boy and ditch the brand next gen. Won't that be surreal?

Blablurn said:
The PS3 rocks Germany. Even in my little hometown (60.000 people) the shops opened at 12 o'clock and the stores were full!

Alright so Sony is not doomed.
Okay good, now I can relax.

Wait...what am I saying? I know Sony isn't doomed so why do I continue to doubt myself. Sheesh.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Blablurn said:

Nobody wants to hear that good news.

mintylurb

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Alright so Sony is not doomed.
Okay good, now I can relax.

Wait...what am I saying? I know Sony isn't doomed so why do I continue to doubt myself. Sheesh.

Wha, why do you care about the ps3? It still lacks rumble roses xx!! :D No rr=no sale

Norse

Rancid Mildew said:
This is very fascinating. Why is there such a disparity between all those articles about PS3 demand outstripping everything and what actually is happening?

Same reason Pachter cant predict monthly console sales.

andthebeatgoeson

vilmer_ said:
The Wii novelty is slowly starting to wear off. The 360 was the only new and great console for a year. People bashing the PS3 because they can't afford it is total lame. Put your back into it and put in some overtime or else come to the PC where gaming is where it's meant to be ;) Most of you "new gen" gamers probably have a nice HDTV, if you can afford that then you shouldn't be complaining about a measly $600.

Hey, you can take over for Ken K. Ya hear that, ya cheap bastards. Go on welfare for god sakes. IT'S THE PLAYSTATION 3!

vilmer_ said:

:lol

There is a difference between not having $600 and not wanting to waste $600 on bloatware. When your pricepoint tops $500, people start comparing it to expenses that actually matter (Mortgage, car payments, etc. etc.) It doesn't matter if you have that much to spare or not; a lot of people are going to simply prioritize the PS3 right off of their "Must Have" list.

As for the Wii novelty wearing off...perhaps you've missed the NPD, but the Wii has been dominating the charts since...well, since it was released.

mintylurb said:
Wha, why do you care about the ps3? It still lacks rumble roses xx!! :D No rr=no sale

If the PS3 dies how is the 360 going to take all of its exclusives?

Oops. :(

Oh and I bet Konami killed off any chance of a Rumble Roses sequel. If MGS4 or anything MGS is related to its disappearance I will never forgive them.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
vilmer_ said:

Best post of the thread.

10 points
out of a thousand

mintylurb

PepsimanVsJoe said:
If the PS3 dies how is the 360 going to take all of its exclusives?

Oops. :(

Oh and I bet Konami killed off any chance of a Rumble Roses sequel. If MGS4 or anything MGS is related to its disappearance I will never forgive them.

PS3 exclu..siv..ess? what?

Maybe, konami will release some new dlc for xx!..I can always dream ;/

vilmer_ said:

VG Charts Sony shills news is true I guess.

squatingyeti said:
Once again, Sony was just fine with their craptastic hardware for BOTH the PS2 and the PS1 in the early going. Did you JUST start gaming in the last year, or are you paid by Sony. It can only be one of those two.

Actually, I was a rather avid Xbox supporter only a couple of years ago, in part because I felt the Xbox was the most complete console, but also because it felt like an all round more solid console. The thing it was lacking was the quality, variety and quantity in first party games that Sony had, but hey, it was a good start. Even leading up to the 360 launch, I had a very positive outlock on MS and the Xbox brand. Of course, then it quickly became obvious that the damned thing was just rushed to the market, and the system felt simply cheap. That, and the ridiculous pricing scheme for accessories, that didn't help either. I kind of had a feeling that the power and completeness of the Xbox was a start-up thing, that it was simply Microsoft's way of gaining some initial loyalty to the brand.

But hey, you know stuff.

shpankey

not an idiot
vilmer_ said:
butthead.jpg

jaypah

mckmas8808 said:
Nobody wants to hear that good news.

a biscuit isn't going to do much for a man dying of thirst mckmas. i mean, the PS2 gave me the most bang for my buck since the NES but even i'm more interested in all of the 'fail' than i am the slight successes. but maybe that's because a King is bruised and i'm still saving to plunk down my $600 for it. but i must admit, while i watch this shit happen i do appreciate my 360 a little more. still need the PS3 1st party stuff so it's a sure purchase for me but they did price it a bit too high and now they're reaping what they *whatever the past tense of sow is*.

sorry, i've been drinking.....quite a bit.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
YOU GUYS JUST WAIT

PS3 is gonna cure cancer with the folding. And then everyone will come crawling back to PSTriple! You all laugh it up like Sony PLAYSTATION 3 isn't a device sent directly FROM THE HEAVENS to EARTH to CURE CANCER. Hey, it's not my problem if EUROPE misses the boat on this miraculous life saving device from Ken Kutaragi, who will be KNIGHTED once PS3 cures cancer.

SONY BE PRAISED

(what what in the butt)

Norse

Orlics

AltogetherAndrews said:
Actually, I was a rather avid Xbox supporter only a couple of years ago, in part because I felt the Xbox was the most complete console, but also because it felt like an all round more solid console. The thing it was lacking was the quality, variety and quantity in first party games that Sony had, but hey, it was a good start. Even leading up to the 360 launch, I had a very positive outlock on MS and the Xbox brand. Of course, then it quickly became obvious that the damned thing was just rushed to the market, and the system felt simply cheap. That, and the ridiculous pricing scheme for accessories, that didn't help either. I kind of had a feeling that the power and completeness of the Xbox was a start-up thing, that it was simply Microsoft's way of gaining some initial loyalty to the brand.

But hey, you know stuff.

Most of us really just care about the games. Most of us recognize the PS2 had the best games last gen, and a lot of us think the 360 has a better library than the PS3 right now. Build quality is just an added bonus. Now if the 360 didn't have some sort of warranty, that would be a cause to worry.

Kangu

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
YOU GUYS JUST WAIT

PS3 is gonna cure cancer with the folding. And then everyone will come crawling back to PSTriple! You all laugh it up like Sony PLAYSTATION 3 isn't a device sent directly FROM THE HEAVENS to EARTH to CURE CANCER. Hey, it's not my problem if EUROPE misses the boat on this miraculous life saving device from Ken Kutaragi, who will be KNIGHTED once PS3 cures cancer.

SONY BE PRAISED

(what what in the butt)

Isn't folding at home meant for Alzheimer and other something I'm pretending I know about medicine and shit protein related diseases?

You can't fold cancer with your PS3 you stupid Y2kevbug! You can only fold proteins. And laundry.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Kangu said:
Isn't folding at home meant for Alzheimer and other something I'm pretending I know about medicine and shit protein related diseases?

You can't fold cancer with your PS3 you stupid Y2kevbug! You can only fold proteins. And laundry.

I have no idea what it is for, but KEN KUTARAGI does and we should trust in this man's GENIUS. I'm not folding cancer...I believe I am folding stem cells, or perhaps fetuses.

Top Bottom