• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 launch event in France: guess which troll is banned until the first price drop

vilmer_

It's funny you get the same response from the Wii and 360 loyals as with the PS's when faced with anything opposite to their own established mental framework, but the "PS'ers" get the most flack. Relax, enjoy the ride and never stop GAMING.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
jaypah said:
a biscuit isn't going to do much for a man dying of thirst mckmas. i mean, the PS2 gave me the most bang for my buck since the NES but even i'm more interested in all of the 'fail' than i am the slight successes. but maybe that's because a King is bruised and i'm still saving to plunk down my $600 for it. but i must admit, while i watch this shit happen i do appreciate my 360 a little more. still need the PS3 1st party stuff so it's a sure purchase for me but they did price it a bit too high and now they're reaping what they *whatever the past tense of sow is*.

sorry, i've been drinking.....quite a bit.

I agree the PS3 price is too high. Sony will probably drop the price buy $100 this Christmas to keep up.

Norse

Kangu said:
Isn't folding at home meant for Alzheimer and other something I'm pretending I know about medicine and shit protein related diseases?

You can't fold cancer with your PS3 you stupid Y2kevbug! You can only fold proteins. And laundry.

and a poker hand

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Orlics said:
Most of us really just care about the games. Most of us recognize the PS2 had the best games last gen, and a lot of us think the 360 has a better library than the PS3 right now. Build quality is just an added bonus. Now if the 360 didn't have some sort of warranty, that would be a cause to worry.

What would be even better is if they had good customer service.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
AltogetherAndrews said:
Actually, I was a rather avid Xbox supporter only a couple of years ago, in part because I felt the Xbox was the most complete console, but also because it felt like an all round more solid console. The thing it was lacking was the quality, variety and quantity in first party games that Sony had, but hey, it was a good start. Even leading up to the 360 launch, I had a very positive outlock on MS and the Xbox brand. Of course, then it quickly became obvious that the damned thing was just rushed to the market, and the system felt simply cheap. That, and the ridiculous pricing scheme for accessories, that didn't help either. I kind of had a feeling that the power and completeness of the Xbox was a start-up thing, that it was simply Microsoft's way of gaining some initial loyalty to the brand.

But hey, you know stuff.

They admitted there were some problems with the early systems. Problems which have since been rectified. It happens, just like it happened to Sony, TWICE. Sony wouldn't even remotely acknowledge their systems had problems. Hell, I had to fight tooth and nail, and then pay to get my PS2 fixed the first time. It took them going to court and the evidence being so overwhelming, that they agreed to settle right before a judgment would've been made. You act like the systems right now are dying left and right, and that's a blatant misrepresentation of what's going on. That's like saying later batches of the PS2s had problems still.

Further, the 360 was released before Sony was remotely ready, and all indications are they're both gonna be equal throughout this generation. You can't spin that as being bad. You can have your opinion of systems, and I'll still enjoy them all. I'm able to say what I dislike about any of them. You've just been going out of your way lately.

BuG

_leech_ said:
29pay2r.jpg

"People can do amazing things with Photoshop and camera angles. I can't count more than 20 people! They're there for the atmosphere."
What ever actually became of this guy?

Strike

God damn, this has to be their worst week in recent memory. I know I've said it again and again, but I never thought it would get this bad. Sad reality is that the only thing Sony's been excelling at these days is garnering general lack of interest, bad press, followed by the usual embarassing spin. Here's hoping their first party has omething mindblowing in the works cuz the way thing are going now, 3rd parties aren't going to be of much help to them anytime soon. BTW what's the current tie ratios for all the systems in NA?

jaypah

AltogetherAndrews said:
Actually, I was a rather avid Xbox supporter only a couple of years ago, in part because I felt the Xbox was the most complete console, but also because it felt like an all round more solid console. The thing it was lacking was the quality, variety and quantity in first party games that Sony had, but hey, it was a good start. Even leading up to the 360 launch, I had a very positive outlock on MS and the Xbox brand. Of course, then it quickly became obvious that the damned thing was just rushed to the market, and the system felt simply cheap. That, and the ridiculous pricing scheme for accessories, that didn't help either. I kind of had a feeling that the power and completeness of the Xbox was a start-up thing, that it was simply Microsoft's way of gaining some initial loyalty to the brand.

But hey, you know stuff.

wow...it's even worse knowing that you used to support Xbox as well. hey, i heard that there's a new console coming from Exxon that's made of pure diamond and i mean the entire console. it'll cost you to ironically work in a diamond mine for the rest of your life to pay for it but it's the sturdiest console evar so.....get up on that! plus the discs hold a retarded amount of info (they're made of pressed future royalty babies) and it plays actual thoughts as well as future King baby discs. everyone's dying to make games for it because they figure it'll sell 4 or 5 consoles so you should sell your body to the diamond mine Lords to play this sturdy piece of hardware. the monitor to display it in it's full resolution shouldn't be out for another 30 years or so but by that time your brain will be so contaminated from your awesome work conditions that you'll think you're playing a 2600 anyway so it's a win-win! hop to it Shillman. :lol

ps, i think AA is a cool dude but recent times have made him...not so Alltoge....ok, that's an old joke.

sprocket

Banned
Strike said:
God damn, this has to be their worst week in recent memory. I know I've said it again and again, but I never thought it would get this bad. Sad reality is that the only thing Sony's been excelling at these days is garnering general lack of interest, bad press, followed by the usual embarassing spin. Here's hoping their first party has omething mindblowing in the works cuz the way thing are going now, 3rd parties aren't going to be of much help to them anytime soon. BTW what's the current tie ratios for all the systems in NA?

Dude calm down its ok . Its actually selling well. :lol wait for the numbers.

rod

Banned
this thread is awesome. in order of awesomeness i have

1.Xboat
2.AltogetherAndrews complete and total meltdown
3.damage control at its fuccking FINEST

sprocket said:
Dude calm down its ok . Its actually selling well. :lol wait for the numbers.

why do you say its sellin well then say wait for the numbers

how do you know its selling well if you dont have the numbers

how can you have any pudding if you dont eat your meat

jaypah

mckmas8808 said:
I agree the PS3 price is too high. Sony will probably drop the price buy $100 this Christmas to keep up.

i hope you're right. i'll have mine by then but it'll be good for the industry to have them stronger than they are today. as a guy who buys all consoles and loves them equally i want the playing field to be close so i can get the benefits as a gamer.

rod said:
this thread is awesome. in order of awesomeness i have

1.Xboat
2.AltogetherAndrews complete and total meltdown
3.damage control at its fuccking FINEST

GTFO ROD!

The Xboat is ****ing arrogant! Its not funny and ridiculously childish!

You XBOT! GTFO!

jaypah

lollerskates said:
why do you say its sellin well then say wait for the numbers

how do you know its selling well if you dont have the numbers

how can you have any pudding if you dont eat your meat

i let the meat sit out until it turns into pudding. steak through a straw? why the f*ck not? "thanks puddin' fairy!"

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
NinSoX said:
Oh God I can already hear bishopt's mouse clicking with anticipation...quick, earn your Bishopt Points (tm) before it's too late

Praise the Canucks Who reigns above and keeps their opponents below;
Praise the holy Canucks of love and all their greatness show;
Praise them for their noble deeds; praise them for their matchless power;
Canucks from Whom all good proceeds let earth and heaven adore.
:lol And this is why you're one of the few Torontonians I can stand.

This launch certainly failed to meet expectations. You can spin it any way you want, but this is bad. Maybe this provides the impetus for a price drop in the near future, who knows. There's at least one poster here who's hoping it occurs sooner rather than later.

Anyways, make with more of the funny photoshops - we had them for the 360 launch in Japan and I certainly hoped to see more here...

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Thread title change said:
PS3 launch event in France: guess which troll is banned until the first price drop

Wow, AltogetherAndrews finally got the banstick. Wondered how long that would take :lol

Juice

bishoptl said:

This launch certainly failed to meet expectations. You can spin it any way you want, but this is bad. Maybe this provides the impetus for a price drop in the near future, who knows. There's at least one poster here who's hoping it occurs sooner rather than later.

Anyways, make with more of the funny photoshops - we had them for the 360 launch in Japan and I certainly hoped to see more here...

We made a ton of photoshops at the J 360 launch because that was all the fun to be had. Here, here we're literally swimming in damage control gold from all corners. The hilarity is coming to us.

Tomorrow we can go and Caturday this thing, but I've had more fun just watching the heads of various SDF stalwarts literally asplode upon realization that they just ran out of territories to launch the PS3 in.

Juice said:
Tomorrow we can go and Caturday this thing, but I've had more fun just watching the heads of various SDF stalwarts literally asplode upon realization that they just ran out of territories to launch the PS3 in.

What about Antartica? I'm not kidding, the latest EGM ran some article on gaming across the world, and they included Antartica.

bishoptl said:

Cant stop wont stop.:lol :lol Bish, your thread title changes reign SUPREME.

Juice

Pureauthor said:
What about Antartica? I'm not kidding, the latest EGM ran some article on gaming across the world, and they included Antartica.

I posted earlier in this thread hypothesizing that the Sony apologists around here would probably resort to inventing an all new continent just so they could aptly complete the sentence, "the true sales potential of the PS3 won't be realized until it launches in _________".

dilbert.jpg

"Sonnariaa"

rod

Banned
bishop, if that was you who banned altogether, i dont care how many times you ban me now. its all good :D

bishoptl said:

Obey the Moderator

Top Bottom