• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 vs XBox 360 - A mainly technical comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a previous multi console owner and I would LOVE to really give my "Technical comparison".. But I would get banned.. gotta keep me nose clean

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
drohne said:
those ice age shots are actually a comparison between the dvd and the bd -- i've seen them before. ps3 upscaling is pretty impressive, but it isn't magic

That's not true actually. It is the PS3 upscaling that's doing that. I can post a BD pic if you'd like (the difference between it and the DVD PS3 upscale is still massive).

pswii60 said:
Not sure I can be arsed arguing about the Halo 2 360 BC rendering resolution but it definitely isn't blurry, 480p, nor does it have ghosting on my HDTV.

My Pioneer plasma disagrees. Go play a real 720p Xbox 1 game and compare. It's all relative.

CoG

Animation upscales better than anything else. It's film that's problematic as noise and grain get upscaled too causing all sorts of artifacts.

Either way, the PS3 does a fantastic job upscaling DVD.

chubigans said:
That's not true actually. It is the PS3 upscaling that's doing that. I can post a BD pic if you'd like (the difference between it and the DVD PS3 upscale is still massive).
the comparison is in a section labelled Xbox 360 DVD playback vs PS3 Blu-Ray playback. it's a comparison of the DVD and Blu-Ray. arguing that Blu-Ray playback is >>> than the 360's dvd playback.

true, but still kind of pointless to illustrate.

gregor7777 said:
So essentially a 7800/7900 is faster than R600 (2900XT or so?)

Nice. Good to know you did your research.

Can we have the title changed to "PS3 vs XBox 360 - A mainly technical comparison by a person who really doesn't understand the technology?"

I bet that in real time they are way closer than allot of you people want to believe,if not identical.

Many people believe MS crazy numbers and we know how they like to play with them,i'm sure people still remember how the xbox was suppose to outperform the ps2 graphically by 3 times.:lol

DCharlie

Banned
the comparison is in a section labelled Xbox 360 DVD playback vs PS3 Blu-Ray playback. it's a comparison of the DVD and Blu-Ray. arguing that Blu-Ray playback is >>> than the 360's dvd playback.

so the thread title should be "PS3 HD playback vs. X360 legacy playback, the no shit sherlock edition!"

?

Cheeto

Phoenix Down said:
Im a previous multi console owner and I would LOVE to really give my "Technical comparison".. But I would get banned.. gotta keep me nose clean
Do it. I really need to laugh today.

Technically maybe... but it's a fact that 360 have more good games for now
It's not like you were comparing two PCs. You can't play the same games...
For example Tetris is still better on GB.
So even if your "analysis" is good, it's useless.
Sorry you fail :/

Tormentoso said:
I bet that in real time they are way closer than allot of you people want to believe,if not identical.

Many people believe MS crazy numbers and we know how they like to play with them,i'm sure people still remember how the xbox was suppose to outperform the ps2 graphically by 3 times.:lol

Are you saying only MS likes to play with numbers? Remember Emotion Engine?

Phoenix Down said:

Didn't you bet on the HS sales compared to Bioshock?

Or was it someone else. Confusing.

Well, if you did bet, you should go ahead and make that post.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
GashPrex said:
Ohhh Mission accomplished by MikeB. He has taken it upon himself to improve awareness, cloaked in a technical comparison.

I just got back from Best Buy. Picked up a gross of PS3's based on this newly revealed, technical information. I'm off to start a thread letting everyone know of my new purchase and to ask what games I should get.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Tormentoso said:

EMOTION ENGINE.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
plagiarize said:

true, but still kind of pointless to illustrate.

Is it? Oh.

Phoenix Down said:

Better get it out of the way quick, we're only a month away from September NPD.

We have anecdotal reports of the 360 outperforming the PS3 before the price drop (and Chart Track's ratios)...and then there was the price drop, which increased 360 sales (at least in the UK) over 200%. I don't think it takes a huge leap to conclude that the 360 is currently outselling the PS3 in Europe's biggest markets.

The weekly software sales tell an equally compelling story.

bj00rn

Banned
This is a joke thread (OP) right...? I mean...

letterm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom