• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 1.70 "available soon", SHAREfactory revealed (video editor), preloading confirmed

They should now start working on these new features after the 1.70 update:

1. Ability to upload to YouTube.
2. Plex app
3. YouTube app
4. History log (where I can check what games were played, how long they played, which user played it, if any purchases were made, what videos were uploaded, and how many times the system was disconnected from the internet.
4. Spotify and Pandora app
6. Reputation system
7. DLNA
8. Ability to add widgets to the home screen somewhere so at quick glance I can see how much hard drive space is available, how many of my friends are online, a notification widget were all the current notifications r present like store sale alert, new update etc
9. Folder creation
10.Suspend and resume
11.Able to change wallpaper, custom themes, custom login sound.
12. Update video unlimited for 4k video
13. User option to set reminders
14. 1080p twitch stream
15. Gesture unlock with touchpad, so I don't have to set password to log in.

I have more I wrote them somewhere can't find it at the moment.
Okay. Let us know when you find the other stuff you wrote.

So I woke up to play some final fantasy this morning, and was greeted with message that said the playstation network is down………….it'd monday and we all know what happens on tuesdays with SONY.

Coincidence???

bombshell

So I woke up to play some final fantasy this morning, and was greeted with message that said the playstation network is down………….it'd monday and we all know what happens on tuesdays with SONY.

Coincidence???

Yeah PSN has a huge 12 hour maintenance today, 1.70 dropping tomorrow?

Vashetti

Banned
Sorry to bump but I just got this update on the PS EU Blog:

gbdtZ7r.png

RedAssedApe

Banned
if they still can't confirm a release date its probably not this week. will probably be the 30th like the Japan blog originally posted. hopefully they can get some additional features in and tested.

2. Plex app
3. YouTube app
4. History log (where I can check what games were played, how long they played, which user played it, if any purchases were made, what videos were uploaded, and how many times the system was disconnected from the internet.
6. Reputation system
7. DLNA
8. Ability to add widgets to the home screen somewhere so at quick glance I can see how much hard drive space is available, how many of my friends are online, a notification widget were all the current notifications r present like store sale alert, new update etc
9. Folder creation
10.Suspend and resume
14. 1080p twitch stream

I like the history thing just like steam. I think that 1080p is not happening, why ask for that when 720 is ok? plus i would prefer better bit rate. anyways just like the xbox beacon, i hope sony can add that. I admired it on the xbox

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Wonder if, along with the video editor, they've finally figured out why the recorder doesn't reliably record gameplay.

kinggroin

Banned
I like the history thing just like steam. I think that 1080p is not happening, why ask for that when 720 is ok? plus i would prefer better bit rate. anyways just like the xbox beacon, i hope sony can add that. I admired it on the xbox

Why ask for better? What're you afraid we'll piss Sony off?

coldfoot

Banned

2. Plex app
3. YouTube app
6. Reputation system
7. DLNA
9. Folder creation
10.Suspend and resume
14. 1080p twitch stream

You listed all those features and skipped 3D Blu-ray playback :(

Stratn

I'm hoping the upload to YouTube comes very soon as the Bone is able to now. This should put a little fire under Sony's butt. If Sony is going to advertise this "Share" feature, they need to have more than just Facebook for an upload option.

Hattori

Banned
I hope they patch in deep color support

I thought extended RGB was supported? Or is thus some blu ray specific thing?
It's different from RGB Full/Limited, it kind of functions the same offering wider color gamut and way better contrast without crushing blacks

Top Bottom