• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 1.70 "available soon", SHAREfactory revealed (video editor), preloading confirmed

dcx4610

Hopefully we get media streaming, 3D support and Blu-ray performance eventually. Those really are my only requests at this point.

I am most hyped about setting the recording length. I do something cool in BF4, but I would always have to upload the last 15 mins regardles(if I didnt want to quite out of the game to cut the length down)

I hope they eventually add the ability to just set the length of the upload. Record max 15 mins, but quick upload only the last 3 mins or so.

in the mean time, you can just hit Share then immediately back out to the game. it will save the 15 min clip and start a new one, then when your done playing for the day you can go to the captures folder and edit all your clips.

androvsky

Don't understand why you need an option to turn HDCP off. Why not make it default off for all games and keep it on for Blu-rays, Netflix, etc?

It'd be fine if Blu-rays and DVDs were the only things that required HDCP, since the PS4 does a video mode switch when starting them anyway.

But if apps like Netflix require HDCP, then it'd ruin the multi-tasking as the PS4 would have to make a new handshake with the TV every time you switched in and out of a video app, making for a worse user experience for the vast majority of people that don't need HDCP off for anything.

TalonJH

Looks like maintenance is scheduled for Monday. The update will probably drop next week. Hasn't that been about how it's been working out. I know the last worked out like that.

From the Playstation Forum

We wanted to take a moment to inform you of a network maintenance, currently scheduled for Monday, April 21st from 9:50 AM to 3:50 PM Pacific Time (12:50 PM to 6:50 PM Eastern Time). We expect this maintenance to last approximately 6 hours.

If you’ve signed in to the network any time since April 16th you will be able to play games online and access partner apps such as Netflix during this maintenance period. The PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home and Account Management will not be available during this time, and users may receive a maintenance notification when attempting to access these services.

We thank you for your patience and support and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Looks like maintenance is scheduled for Monday. The update will probably drop next week.

giphy.gif

majik13

in the mean time, you can just hit Share then immediately back out to the game. it will save the 15 min clip and start a new one, then when your done playing for the day you can go to the captures folder and edit all your clips.

I know, I just dont want to have to first remember to do this when I am done.(especailly when my sessions end with my wife persitently telling me to turn it off, or I am passing out) If I do remember at the end, then I have to go through all the clips to find the correct ones, and then have to take the time to fast forward and search for the correct spot to trim it. I dont want to have to waste time editing clips is all. Seems super easy to add a quick option to select predetermined lengths on upload . The last 10 mins, 5, 3, 1, etc.

Sasukekun

Neo Member
Being able to put music into your video clips seems to insinuate that MP3 playback might also be part of this update. Otherwise it'd be an extremely useless feature.

VanWinkle

Being able to put music into your video clips seems to insinuate that MP3 playback might also be part of this update. Otherwise it'd be an extremely useless feature.

The "use" is to put custom music into your videos.

I hope there's a music player, too, but I wouldn't really be surprised if there wasn't.

NoTacos

I understand you can put commentary on your vids with share factory, but I would love the ability to record live commentary.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The biggest feature I want is to be able to select friends as favorites and get notifications for when they come online. I really want that in place before the Destiny beta hits!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
That's everything I want. I'd like a native media player like PLEX in there too if they could as well.

Screw tournament sticks, give me thrustmaster wheel support. (Granted both are legacy accessories)

I'd also like PS4 to be a DiAL device so we can play content to it from Netflix and YouTube apps etc - like chromecast. Being a DLNA renderer would be a start though.

Their bravias already support this

Dunk#7

Has this already been discussed...

What stops you from changing the system clock to play a game early? Does the system have to verify the date with the server or something of that nature?

Has this already been discussed...

What stops you from changing the system clock to play a game early? Does the system have to verify the date with the server or something of that nature?

server time. not local time lol.

if we could change time we wouldn't wait for steam to unlock.

Having played with the Infamous photo mode, Sony needs to incorporate this type of thing into the share function too. So f'in good.

They should now start working on these new features after the 1.70 update:

1. Ability to upload to YouTube.
2. Plex app
3. YouTube app
4. History log (where I can check what games were played, how long they played, which user played it, if any purchases were made, what videos were uploaded, and how many times the system was disconnected from the internet.
4. Spotify and Pandora app
6. Reputation system
7. DLNA
8. Ability to add widgets to the home screen somewhere so at quick glance I can see how much hard drive space is available, how many of my friends are online, a notification widget were all the current notifications r present like store sale alert, new update etc
9. Folder creation
10.Suspend and resume
11.Able to change wallpaper, custom themes, custom login sound.
12. Update video unlimited for 4k video
13. User option to set reminders
14. 1080p twitch stream
15. Gesture unlock with touchpad, so I don't have to set password to log in.

I have more I wrote them somewhere can't find it at the moment.

Top Bottom