• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 1.70 patch notes

Bradach

I don't share. I have no interest in capturing my gameplay. There's very little in this update that excites me.
Game suspend is probably what I'm most looking forward to them adding. When's that going to happen?

EekTheKat

I don't see an option to set Twitch broadcast quality anymore. Though I wonder if it's defaulting to 720p

Ignore that - I found it - it's on a dropdown box when you start the stream now, instead of having to do it options. Highest quality is Best HD

EGM1966

Seems it focuses on the successful streaming/sharing side of PS4 which isnt a surprise. Theyll need to tackle more of the useibility issues soon though with the instal base continuing to rise such as better download control options. The media folks will also soon be making a lot more noise if they dont start opening up PS4 more for already owned media content too.

Also i see Soony is the new thing - to be fair its not even unfair as theyve always been slow/steady since early PS3 days in my eyes and its most apparent early on.

Caayn

So will DS4's battery life improve?
With the current (bright - medium - dim) settings that are barerly different from each other I doubt that it'll change much. These settings feel like Sony given us the finger "See we listen we gave you an option to dim the LED, now shut up about it".
Maybe a couple of minutes? The led doesn't really use any power.
It only doubles the battery life of the DS4 when the LED is disabled.

Granted this is when the controller is idle but it shows that the LED consumes a whole lot more energy then most are willing to admit. Energy which the DS4 could really use.
LED enabled: (1000/80) = 12.5 hours
LED disabled: (1000/35) to (1000/30) = 28.6 hours

With the current (bright - medium - dim) settings that are barerly different from each other I doubt that it'll change much. These settings feel like Sony given us the finger "See we listen we gave you an option to dim the LED, now shut up about it".
It only doubles the battery life of the DS4 when the LED is disabled.

Granted this is when the controller is idle but it shows that the LED consumes a whole lot more energy then most are willing to admit. Energy which the DS4 could really use.

Though wasn't that with more stuff disabled than just the LED because it's all connected?
Someone has to test this with just ripping out the LED :p

Well, or use the dim setting now. If battery life is not increased by a few hours on the low setting (which is like half the full brightness?), then we have the definite answer.

(I don't care because I use two controllers like every upstanding console owner ;D )

S¡mon

Banned
Turning off the LED bar is simply not an option. That will, without doubt, confuse customers on whether a controller is on or off. It will also confuse gamers when playing multiplayer games: who is who?

Dimming is the only acceptable solution, as there are no other indicators on the controller whether it is on or off.

Dimming the light should also give us a nice boost in battery life. :)

Neofx

My god, I'm not happy. Games keep getting application error and party chat works 20% of the time :/ Anyone else with problems?

Top Bottom