• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 1.70 patch notes

VanWinkle

Looking forward to opening Hulu and Netflix with voice commands!

It is less useful than one would hope since you can't give it that voice command while you're in another game or application (you would have to go "Home" first), and you can't actually control the apps with your voice. Ergo, if you have the controller in hand to control the Netflix/Hulu UI, it would be just as simple to just use that to open them.

Will I be able to lower the amount of video the SHARE button records down to 30 seconds? I usually only ever need my last few moments of gameplay.

think so. I was actually asking Shu for this very feature since February.
jCs8Hq9RC2Gwa.png

New SHARE Options:

-Change the default gameplay recording time in the SHARE menu under Video Clip Settings.

Maximus.

Really great options for video recorders, but for someone who does not use those features, this update is very minor it seems :(

Castcoder

Banned
Really great options for video recorders, but for someone who does not use those features, this update is very minor it seems :(

Well it may not be exactly for you, but when you're looking for gameplay, cutscenes, etc. on YouTube, you'll be happy about it. (Just not directly...)

Bluforce

"Save only the video clips and screenshots you want by selecting Upload Screenshots or Upload Video Clips for each capture. Also upload video clips and screenshots during your live gameplay broadcasts."

This is my megaton. I didn't even know it was always saving EVERYTHING when I pressed share, only happened to notice it when the space on my HDD was getting so low even though I don't have all that many games... >_>;

Quote. I inverted the Share button functionality because I hate the automatic video saving.

Now I can finally restore the original functionality.

Well it may not be exactly for you, but when you're looking for gameplay, cutscenes, etc. on YouTube, you'll be happy about it. (Just not directly...)

im looking forward to some great stuff from the community. look what they've done with a simple photo editing tool in Infamous.

VanWinkle

You can see on here now that, in the Share menu, instead of it automatically saving the video clip and screenshot when you hit the Share button, it will now let you choose to save those independently or to not save them at all (Square for saving the video clip, and triangle for saving the screenshot). This is nice, in case you just want to upload it without necessarily using up space on your hard drive, or cluttering your list of captures just because you hit the share button.

iODSseSVDd7Xn.PNG

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
You can see on here now that, in the Share menu, instead of it automatically saving the video clip and screenshot when you hit the Share button, it will now let you choose to save those independently or to not save them at all (Square for saving the video clip, and triangle for saving the screenshot). This is nice, in case you just want to upload it without necessarily using up space on your hard drive, or cluttering your list of captures just because you hit the share button.

iODSseSVDd7Xn.PNG
This is awesome for me since I tend to upload a bunch of screenshots at once but I take them using the quick screen function. I wind up with a ton of shots of the home screen.

iODSseSVDd7Xn.PNG

Is this the new feature in 1.70?

zoobzone

Because the North American assignment of X to confirm and O to cancel sucks ass.

Doesn't matter, still need the option.

I know the western assignment of X to confirm and O to cancel makes no logical sense, but the ability to change the assignments have been asked for in every single console release.

It's why I waited 4 months more for Japanese console.

Even then it doesn't matter much because in PS4 the button assignments are assigned by the games.

eg.
Japanese PS4 + US COD Ghosts = X for confirm, O for cancel
Japanese PS4 + Japanese Don't Starve = still X for confirm, O for cancel - just the way devs made it.
Japanese PS4 + Japanese Tomb Raider Definitive Edition = O for confirm, X for cancel!

hlhbk

As a practical matter, why? Just curious. I've tried using DLNA in the past and the quality is usually poor, the connection drops frequently, devices never seem to be able to "find" each other, and it seems to require a whole mess of software to get it up and running.

I have a NAS. Put media in folder and its ready to go at full 1080p streaming without any loss in quality.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Are USB export free of compression?

I remember comparing the file sizes of the twitter orig share versus a share using the ps app to my mobile. file size was about half on the twitter share. most people couldn't tell the difference though.

im interested to see how the videos will look.

imjust1n

Banned
Cool update thanks Sony
They should have it where a customer can add money to a pre release title and get pre release benifits. This is why I wont pre order with Sony and still go to GameStop. I like to put 5 bucks down then put money to my game until its paid off. Plus having that and a disc is more apealing to me.

Another feature I'd like to add having the ablitity to zoom in and out on the camera having the camera default on my face and not zoomed out is a bummer.

the dev kits have the option

You're killing me here! It's clearly as simple as flipping a switch to enable the option.

Because.

Why not get region 3 PS4 instead? PS4 are region free so it is not like this matters at all.

No. I'm not going to take a loss selling my NA PS4 and re-buying a Japanese system.

buy a japanese ps4?

No.

Why? I think it is fine.

It's not fine.

I know the western assignment of X to confirm and O to cancel makes no logical sense, but the ability to change the assignments have been asked for in every single console release.

It's why I waited 4 months more for Japanese console.

Even then it doesn't matter much because in PS4 the button assignments are assigned by the games.

By that measure, there should be no risk involved in simply enabling the option.

Metfanant

You're killing me here! It's clearly as simple as flipping a switch to enable the option.

Because.

No. I'm not going to take a loss selling my NA PS4 and re-buying a Japanese system.

No.

It's not fine.

By that measure, there should be no risk involved in simply enabling the option.

If it's available to dev kits then it's probably to give the DEVS the option to create their games that way...the OS would likely have to be seriously tweaked to allow that option to change things coded into the games themselves...

Meaning...if Sony added the option...it would work in the PS4's menus...but games would likely be unchanged...Sony seems to be going for uniformity across all regions in this sense...and they happened to chose tis way...unfortunately you're going to have to get used to it...

jaosobno

The touchpad has also been updated, allowing you to navigate the on-screen keyboard using the DUALSHOCK 4 touchpad.

FUCK, YES!

I've been waiting for this feature! This should definitely speed up message writing. Writing via gyroscope in DS4 is good but this should be much faster.

And this is an amazing software update, instead of complaining, why don't you people try to focus on all the amazing features we are getting today.

The mobile PS App is so disappointing. UI that is cluttered, jittery, and unattractive, with not nearly enough visuals and cohesiveness. It doesn't really look or function like the PS4 UI at all. And, of course, the store opening in the web browser AND being of a 100% different interface than the app.

I don't feel like the XB1 UI is a big step over the PS4 UI (and it's worse in some ways), but the Smartglass app is FAR better than the PS App. Plus it's got a great tablet-optimized UI which PS App doesn't.
Dunno what's up with your phone but runs fine on my nexus 5, but the web browser thing is kinda annoying but at least they don't have to make a new browser to support

Phreak47

I would have been waiting for DLNA support except I've recently set up Plex and my new Samsung TVs support the Plex app.

No going back to a clunky DLNA implementation again... no sir.

Plex is the shit

Top Bottom