• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 BETA firmware 5.00 out today

After installing this update I can't play HITMAN anymore. I open the game and every chapter is marked red and says I need to buy the content for this game. I'm gonna try reinstalling the game, as restoring licenses didn't do a thing.

BigEmil

It now tells you how much space you need to install whatever you can't download

2pfklYN_d.jpg

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Firmware is V3 does that mean it's been updated?

LordKano

I heard that this update prevent an account from using a game purchased with another account on the same console, is that true ?

DapperSloth

If you signup for the Beta, does it mess with your PS4 Pro, like slowing down games and such, shutting your system down and something like that? I am tempted to try, but why would you try a Beta?

Korezo

This update made my ps4 os super choppy and had 2 crashes, one crash shut off the ps4 on its own.. I have a US code if anyone wants to try this mess.

LordKano

No that's not true. I can play games I bought off of my US account no problem

Weird, because I've got someone on Twitter who has two accounts on his console and can't play games from the other account since the 5.00 update, and he has a screen (in French) as a proof. It worked well on his 4.73 PS4.

If you signup for the Beta, does it mess with your PS4 Pro, like slowing down games and such, shutting your system down and something like that? I am tempted to try, but why would you try a Beta?

I haven't had any problems yet, and I've been enjoying using the new features as well as the opportunity to provide my feedback directly to Sony.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
This update made my ps4 os super choppy and had 2 crashes, one crash shut off the ps4 on its own.. I have a US code if anyone wants to try this mess.
I uninstalled it, PSN ran slower, downloads dropped to kbps low and I had nothing but network issues, add on top that the update adds nothing of use I don't see the point of keeping it until they fix it, I reported my problems .

I will never try any of their betas. Ever lol. That screen above me is one reason.

If anything, this is the first time a beta fw has been so buggy.

Update:

I took out the drive, plugged it on my pc and it's not being recognized. Put another drive onto the PS4 and it's working fine.
It can't be a coincidence that my hard drive died after this, no way.

Fuck this beta, after all those crashes i ended up with this and now i have to reinstall everything so the console detects the hard drive again.

PS4 Pro with a Seagate Firecuda 2tb hard drive.
I'm using the Beta on a PS4 Pro with Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD internal, and a small SSD external. No problems here.

Traxtech

Update:

I took out the drive, plugged it on my pc and it's not being recognized. Put another drive onto the PS4 and it's working fine.

Could just be a freak coincidence, I once had a hard drive die 30 minutes after updating windows

alexbull_uk

I noticed that I’d you click options on a game, then go down to information, there’s a button on the info page that lets you view all your installed addons for that game.

I think that’s new?

poodaddy

Update:

It's not a coincidence. Look up Seagate's failure rates brethren. Stick with HGST and WD for HDD's and Samsung, Crucial, and Intel for SSD's.

Behlel

Update:

If your PC doesn't recognize the drive yiu have to assign it a unit name (A B C D or whatever you want) it happened to me with the original ps4 HDD.

jiiikoo

Banned
ANyone else having a problem with slowdowns on PS4 Pro? The homescreen becomes really sluggish in 4K mode and from my understanding the Borderlands Handsome Collection should be a locked 60fps, but I'm getting really bad slowdowns at some points.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Found one heavy bug afflicting the DLC of some games:

Had started the witcher 3 and noted that blood & wine and Hos dlc were not recognized, game size was reported as 50 gb (it was 70 gb). tried the licenses check, nothing changed.game installed on the internal hd
re-installed hos (4 gb), size reported was again 50 gb. after some minutes checked again the game size now reported 70 gb. started the game, only hos recognized now, blood & wine not. tried move the game on the external hd, nothing changes. reinstalled blood&wine again, game always 70 gb but b&w recognized now. the dlc are buyed with another account that is primary on my console. not having problems with playng other games that are buyed with this account that not have dlcs. problem seems afflicting only dlcs

Rock band 4, a lot of songs not recognized, probably i have to donwnload again like the witcher

Dark souls 3, ashes of ariandel recognized, ringed city not, i have the season pass

Mafia 3, if i check what is installed the dashboard says only the season pass, have not started it because i have fear that could damage my save

thinking to downgrade the firmware

edit:
PS4 pro btw
to add that had a case of low framerate when playing rainbow six seige (never happened before). it happened as soon as a friend online notification appeared

Could you please report the bug in the official beta forums?

Update:

I don't think it'll be accessible on a Windows machine. Try reformatting it with gparted live.

Gradly

Not sure if anyone picked any of these codes but they're in EU region for anyone who wants:

CEE3 9NNN CTMJ

RK26 NCNM 4LND

ANyone else having a problem with slowdowns on PS4 Pro? The homescreen becomes really sluggish in 4K mode and from my understanding the Borderlands Handsome Collection should be a locked 60fps, but I'm getting really bad slowdowns at some points.
A few people have mentioned that. Does rebuilding the database help? I had a similar issue a few weeks prior to the Beta firmware, and rebuilding the database fixed it instantly.

Top Bottom