• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Brazil Importation costs revealed. Taxes say Olá!! ($1161.53 USD in taxes!)

Metra

That's not a huge difference, I will most likely keep my US account regardless of the price of the PS Plus here. Anything else we should be expecting for Thursday? that was kinda disappointing.

Yeah, if Sony won't allow account migration, I'll be keeping my US one. That's a bummer though. I don't like the fact that we're forced to use a fake US address, in order to play online.

Also, how much is being charged for digital games, over brazilian PSN? I mean, by purchasing a game on US PSN, we can "bypass" most of the tax that would be charged for the physical copy of that game. Will we pay full tax price for digital games on PSN BR (will it cost the same as the disc version)? If that's the case, there's really no point in migrating to - or making a new account on - Brazil's PSN.

ethomaz

Banned
Yeah, if Sony won't allow account migration, I'll be keeping my US one. That's a bummer though. I don't like the fact that we're forced to use a fake US address, in order to play online.

Also, how much is being charged for digital games, over brazilian PSN? I mean, by purchasing a game on US PSN, we can "bypass" most of the tax that would be charged for the physical copy of that game. Will we pay full tax price for digital games on PSN BR (will it cost the same as the disc version)? If that's the case, there's really no point in migrating to - or making a new account on - Brazil's PSN.
Some game are cheaper and other expensive in PSN BR.

Platy

They were supposed to announce the PS Plus pricing on Thursday... But I guess they decided to just reveal everything now.

R$ 100/year. Cheaper than in the US with the same selection of free games.

So ... how many decades you need to pay the less on the PSN to compensate for the PS4 price ?

Dai101

Banned
So ... how many decades you need to pay the less on the PSN to compensate for the PS4 price ?

sandlot-forever-o81jgn.gif

ethomaz

Banned
Just an update: the information I thought was going to be revealed on Thursday is actually gonna come out on Friday around noon.

Please be excited.
So is there more news? I guess you are talking about the Plus price leaked today.

Platy

I don't have the schedule on me right now, but if I'm not mistaken it'll be around noon. I don't think Sony will be streaming anything, and UOL Jogos won't be live-blogging it because, to be honest, we didn't feel the need to. We'll be there, though.

The main attraction should be the Brazilian PS Plus pricing announcement.

Just an update: the information I thought was going to be revealed on Thursday is actually gonna come out on Friday around noon.

Please be excited.

So is there more news? I guess you are talking about the Plus price leaked today.

Much bigger news.

NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMOREEEEEE

Maedhros

Store BR is showing the Plus right now.

1 month = R$ 19,99
3 months = R$34,99
1 year = R$ 99,99

Same US games.

People will import the PS4 by themselves and get plus cheaper. Sony will be making money with plus more than consoles, since that at this shitty price, it won't sell.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMOREEEEEE

Sorry about the confusion, haha. In the first post you bolded, I meant that the Sony conference's main attraction was supposed to be the PS Plus info, but they decided to unveal that early.

Platy

Sorry about the confusion, haha. In the first post you bolded, I meant that the Sony conference's main attraction was supposed to be the PS Plus info, but they decided to unveal that early.

So ... Seth Killian will unveil Ultra Street Fighter's new character ! =O

...oh wait xD

I am still with Sony buying TecToy then

edit :
Maybe sony opening a game studio here !
Maybe sony opening a ps4 factory here !
Maybe sony saying that the next Sony Smash Bros will be co-developed with a brazilian game studio ! =O

His post doesn't explain the discrepancy in the price of the different products listed in the table you quoted.

What zmgwtfbbq said didn't change this table.

It does, because you only start to add the taxes after you start of with the transfer price. If Sony says they pay 220 dollars on the Vita, you get one price, if they say they pay 170 dollars, you get a totally different one. The US price might be 199, but what really relevant for the price in Brazil is the transfer price, not the price in the US.

Sometimes the transfer price is close to the US one, but that´s not always the case.

ethomaz

Banned
It does, because you only start to add the taxes after you start of with the transfer price. If Sony says they pay 220 dollars on the Vita, you get one price, if they say they pay 170 dollars, you get a totally different one. The US price might be 199, but what really relevant for the price in Brazil is the transfer price, not the price in the US.

Sometimes the transfer price is close to the US one, but that´s not always the case.
No. It didn't change the table.

PS4k is joke from Sony Brazil... I don't care about transfer price... the table is that you see... every other imported console was cheaper than PS4 (far way cheaper).

jcm

No. It didn't change the table.

PS4k is joke from Sony Brazil... I don't care about transfer price... the table is that you see... every other imported console was cheaper than PS4 (far way cheaper).

Are you just complaining then, and are not interested in the reason? Because every time someone tries to explain it you shut him down.I don't blame you for being upset, because it's a shitty situation, but you don't seem interested in an actual discussion.

ethomaz

Banned
Are you just complaining then, and are not interested in the reason? Because every time someone tries to explain it you shut him down.I don't blame you for being upset, because it's a shitty situation, but you don't seem interested in an actual discussion.
Explanation for what?

The price is unreal... I live here and no imported product can be that high even priced at $700 in US.

Looke at the table... Vita is imported... make the maths.

jcm

Explanation for what?

The price is unreal... I live here and no imported product can be that high even priced at $700 in US.

The table only has one imported, officially offered product, and it doesn't list the manufacturing cost. Without knowing that info it's useless. Sony sells the PS4 hardware at a loss in the US, with virtually no retailer margin, so the transfer cost has to be basically the same as the US retail price. That's not the case with the Vita.

Sweep14

Explanation for what?

What will happen when Sony manufacture the PS4 in Brazil, like MS is doing it for the X1 ?

ethomaz

Banned
The table only has one imported, officially offered product, and it doesn't list the manufacturing cost. Without knowing that info it's useless. Sony sells the PS4 hardware at a loss in the US, with virtually no retailer margin, so the transfer cost has to be basically the same as the US retail price. That's not the case with the Vita.
I will try to explain again.

No product full imported at $700 have this price here... paying all the legal taxes.

Sony Brazil is trying to say that loose money at R$4000? Funny.

I will try to explain again.

No product full imported at $700 have this price here... paying all the legal taxes.

Sony Brazil is trying to say that lost money at R$4000?
You know there's always Amazon, correct? Don't like the prices? Import it yourself.

Reading all your posts here seems like you don't care about the logic behind the price at all. If you don't care then no need to explain to you why or how.

ethomaz

Banned
Does this come from the same knowledge that the Xbox one would not be manufactured in Brazil.
Yeah... if you don't know Anatel confirmed just yesterday the Xbox One assemble here lol... I said while there is not official document the Xbox One is imported.

ethomaz

Banned
You know there's always Amazon, correct? Don't like the prices? Import it yourself.

Reading all your posts here seems like you don't care about the logic behind the price at all. If you don't care then no need to explain to you why or how.
The logic is full of shit... that's the issue here... Sony Brazil is trying to blame the government... and of course the government have part of the guilt because the taxes here are absurds.

But even so with all the taxes Sony Brasil is trying to steal us... putting a price way over what all the taxes.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
People saying 63% taxes:
It's not 63%. What we intend as taxes, as in sales taxes, is usually [baseprice]+[taxes]=total price, so, for example, EU's VATs are roughly 20%, as in 100+20 = 120, not 16% as in 100/120.

So, in this case, along with the required margin, we're talking 400% taxes.

Top Bottom