• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4: Coming to a Best Buy near you

Except there is a bunch of really fun games out.

The system just has nothing to offer YOU. I am still having a blast with AC4/KZ and i haven't even cracked open NFS, NBA, Knack or Madden yet which i will get a ton of time out of. I am set till march.

Also I CAN'T STOP PLAYING RESOGUN.

Told my friend who's been trying to get one about it. The shitty part is, you just know that one major website is going to report about this by the end of the day tomorrow and in turn is just going to make it very, very difficult for the select few who know about it right now. Good luck to everyone else who is interested though.

Better wear a mylar jacket and bring a taser with you if you plan on competing for the PS4 at Best Buy.

hunger-games-cornucopia-ps4.jpg

There you go!

MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR!

graywolf323

Same. It will probably be a madhouse on Sunday. I really with they wouldn't do second launches like this. I would rather take my chances getting the system on a random day. I'm hoping to get one as a Christmas gift for my future brother in law.

not really a second launch per say, they did this for the Black Friday ads as well and expect it to happen weekly until Christmas

NeoUltima

I work at another retailer and we are doing the same thing...except our shipments were delayed. We are taking preorders on the 8th and getting the consoles on the 16th. Preorders for a console already released lol.

Mrbob

This must be why my local Best Buy cleared out the XB1 end cap and replaced it with PS4 stuff today. Have an tagged empty spot for PS4 systems. Easy to see on sunday.

UberTag

Looking forward to anecdotal reports on PS4 vs. Xbox One supply at Best Buy on Sunday.
Please pass along any numbers you guys are able to confirm.

Epcott

Ha ha just came from Best Buy an hour ago and asked them when it would be in stock.

When the clerk said Sunday, I thought I was privy to some big secret. Should have known there was a Gaf thread :-/

Guess I'll be out there at 6 in the morning since it's public knowledge.

Yujin

Banned
Just called my local Toys R' Us and they told me that they are holding stock of both the PS4 and Xbone until Sunday as well. So take that as you will.

Looks like they have one right down the fucking road from me!

What time should I show up at Bestbuy on Sunday?

7?
8?

They open at 10am

delta25

Banned
for any Canadians interested toy r us online seems to have PS4' in stock that come and go rather frequently I was able to snag one earlier.

Heysoos

Yup, we're getting a lot. Xbox Ones too. Seems to be the last big batch for the holidays, so it might be your last chance before Christmas, at least for the PS4. We've been getting X1s a lot more frequently. At least my store has.

Yup, we're getting a lot. Xbox Ones too. Seems to be the last big batch for the holidays, so it might be your last chance before Christmas, at least for the PS4. We've been getting X1s a lot more frequently. At least my store has.

Any idea what time folks should show up?

Is it gonna be a ticket thing or just first come first serve?

thanks

Heysoos

Any idea what time folks should show up?

Is it gonna be a ticket thing or just first come first serve?

thanks

Sorry, I have no idea how my store is doing it this time around. I work in a different department. I'll try to ask around tomorrow and see how they're handling it, but it probably won't be much help, stores handle it differently depending on where you go, I think. Also, my store has holiday hours going on right now so we're opening earlier. I think this Sunday we open up at 10am. Maybe 9am? Not sure, all I know is I have to go in earlier than usual to do ads, so we're opening earlier for sure. So don't go by the regular hours they have online. I think you should be fine going at least 30 minutes before opening, but I guess that really depends on your area.

Looks like they have one right down the fucking road from me!

What time should I show up at Bestbuy on Sunday?

7?
8?

They open at 10am

Getting there at 7:30 or 8 should be fine. I'm getting there at like 6:30 to be sure. I don't want to miss this. I missed a PS4 by one before so I want to make sure I get this. I can lose a little sleep and give up an extra hour or so for it

I don't have any insider or meaningful info about a good time though. The earlier the better. The only thing that can really help give you a good idea of when to go is to figure out how many they'll have. I've heard 24-30 from one person. Could be more or less at yours and it comes down to how early are other people willing to go. I don't think most people are going to wait 3 hours early

Ha, did the closing shift today and I can attest to the stock for Best Buy's Sunday ad. There was a big stack of PS4s in the warehouse, probably around 30+ of them, couldn't quite tell as the stack was mostly covered in black plastic.

This is similar to the Wii craze in that they held stock for Sunday and people were already in line long before the store opened. And my location has holiday hours so its opening at like 9am on Sunday. Better come early, yeesh.

Heysoos

I don't have any insider or meaningful info about a good time though. The earlier the better. The only thing that can really help give you a good idea of when to go is to figure out how many they'll have. I've heard 24-30 from one person. Could be more or less at yours and it comes down to how early are other people willing to go. I don't think most people are going to wait 3 hours early

The number they're getting comes down to the size of the store, at least in terms of traffic. So if you know the store near you is relatively small traffic wise, you might want to get there maybe an hour or two earlier as it may not get that many. Most should get above 20 though.

Getting there at 7:30 or 8 should be fine. I'm getting there at like 6:30 to be sure. I don't want to miss this. I missed a PS4 by one before so I want to make sure I get this. I can lose a little sleep and give up an extra hour or so for it

If I were you I'd get there at midnight.

Wow all the stores in my area have them.

I've worked at Best Buy, the best thing to do is order it online, and choose the 'pick up at store' option. Warehouse people that take care of the orders are scheduled about an hour or two before the store opens to take care of the online orders. So you'll have it 'reserved' for a few days, and you'll beat people trying to walk-in and get one.

I've worked at Best Buy, the best thing to do is order it online, and choose the 'pick up at store' option. Warehouse people that take care of the orders are scheduled about an hour or two before the store opens to take care of the online orders. So you'll have it 'reserved' for a few days, and you'll beat people trying to walk-in and get one.

I'll give this a shot EARLY Sunday morning the also...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Just to be clear... you are saying that, all these PS4's that are currently being held for Sunday (online ordering is disabled) will be available for purchase online "an hour or two" before the store opens, before they even give out the tickets they promised in the phone message?

How exactly does that work? How would they know the amount of tickets to hand out if the console was available for purchase during that waiting period.

Thought it was worth cross-posting this

Best Buy up here in Nh/Mass. Our inventory system shows almost 1000 ps4 available being held for tomorrow's ad, and that's just our district. the surrounding ones all have at least 6-700 each. Hell, the store in Salem, NH has around 150 alone. tomorrow is going to be crazy.

Not sure if that's true but how big is a district for Best Buy?

How many stores?

Wife did some recon for me at local BB.
Sales associate was nice and said (don't know if she was lying) that they were actually getting their shipment tonight. Said they would open at 10am tomorrow, but if people wanted to que up earlier, they would indeed receive a ticket in the order of which they came.
Thinking I'm gonna show up around 830 to scout and see if anyone is out there. I think the insane cold front we're experiencing right now up here in Washington may deter some folks.

Does anyone know what time the employees will hand out the 'tickets'?The only thing the message says is that it will be 'before the store opens'.

Gonna go try my luck this morning so I'm gonna be leaving in a bit. Over on CAG some big city Best Buys have well over a couple hundred units in stock, according to some posters. So I think there will be a good allotment this morning whichever BB you choose to go to.

Does anyone know what time the employees will hand out the 'tickets'?The only thing the message says is that it will be 'before the store opens'.

I would guess between 9 and 9:30 am if your store opens at 10. At least that is how I remember it from when I got my Wii on release day all those years ago.

I'll be heading out this morning too. The message about PS4s in stock is literally the first thing that played when I called the store yesterday, but I think the fact that it is below 0 outside gives me a decent chance of nabbing one without having to show up too early.

And if not, oh well.

Not a single game with a release date announced that I want to play. I just figure something will probably come out before a price drop happens so I might as well have one.

hwalker84

I'll be heading out this morning too. The message about PS4s in stock is literally the first thing that played when I called the store yesterday, but I think the fact that it is below 0 outside gives me a decent chance of nabbing one without having to show up too early.

And if not, oh well.

Not a single game with a release date announced that I want to play. I just figure something will probably come out before a price drop happens so I might as well have one.
My line was 20+ deep at 7:30am with the temperature around 15 degrees.

My line was 20+ deep at 7:30am with the temperature around 15 degrees.

Well, balls.
I don't think I care enough to stand much longer than 90 minutes but if tickets are getting passed out at 9, I think I'd be okay going around 7:30 and grabbing breakfast after getting or not getting a ticket.

cajunator

Banned
Im actually glad I ended up buying an extra one a friend had. Didnt have to sign up for a list or get in line or fight launch day and I still ended up with one by early December. I dont honestly think its worth fighting for one at this point unless the opportunity comes along to get one without being scalped or herded like cattle. It was worth it to have one when the game floodgates are opened though, which they inevitably will.

I'm about 22nd in line. Some people are probably here for XB1s, majority for PS4 though. My store is a high value location as we got both Magnolia and Samsung stores in the initial rollouts when each premiered so I'm banking on that and there will be a good amount of stock.

bebop242

Better wear a mylar jacket and bring a taser with you if you plan on competing for the PS4 at Best Buy.

hunger-games-cornucopia-ps4.jpg

There you go!

MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR!

lol, that picture made my whole family laugh.

Good luck to all you PS4 hunters (except the dirty flippers, pound sand).

hwalker84

Note: they're allowing people to buy both. I was able to get a ticket woot!!

edit: was also glad the two people in front of me worked for this particular best buy and knew how many they had.

jaypah

Note: they're allowing people to buy both. I was able to get a ticket woot!!

edit: was also glad the two people in front of me worked for this particular best buy and knew how many they had.

Congrats! Always nice to see gamers getting what they want, especially when it's a hard to come by console.

People should wait anyway. In retrospect I wish I had, there's nothing to play on this thing for a few months yet.

I have spent more time playing games on the new system with no games in the last month than I had on the 360/ps3 combined in the last 6 months.
Guess I must be imagining it.

Seventy5

I had no luck. I got there early and the guy told me I missed the ticket giveaway by about 6 minutes. I have mine already, but this one is for my kid, and I'm getting sick of this ticketing bullshit. I buy all of my shit at this BB or Amazon, and I'm about to give up BB because of the smug douche of a manager that kept telling me that they had none in the store while they were hoarding them. Sour grapes, maybe, but what happened to going to a store and buying something that was advertised? I think I need to go save the last humans and blow off some steam.

Edit: if anyone is looking for an Xbox One, they had plenty. Smug douche said he only handed out one ticket. I almost bought one just to exchange for a PS4 when they are actually available.

R0ckman

Where do some of you live? I live in an area JUST before things turn into the boondocks, so I live on the outskirts of a major city, in a suburb area. No one gives a shit consoles out here. I had to go out the first time BB did this and only like 4 people including me and my wife showed up, none of the other people were local. There were 7 PS4s, Black Friday was also a joke.

Top Bottom