• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 grabs 95% of Consumer Votes after Amazon shuts poll down early

Titanfall didn't even look that great IMO.

Interesting concept, but the mechs are hardly a game changer and the gameplay looks like more of the same stuff.

Eusis

*also available on PC.

They should stop doing that, it makes me feel like the console's exclusive line up is less valuable. Like, I'm happy they do it but it's one less exclusive for them to parade.
Also on 360!

Yeah, and the "conversation over" just made it sound more pathetic. Great, the one game you're trumpeting, which really DOES look good... except if I'm going from 360 to PS4 either I'm holding on to that 360 and playing that version for now, or I'm going to wait to upgrade and get my fill on 360 first (which I guess is SOMETHING of a success given it means a delay in getting a PS4), nevermind how much of an utter joke it is with a good PC, at worst I have an extreme aversion to Origin and so won't get it on PC, and in every scenario it probably winds up on PS4 anyway. Granted I guess nothing else has that mass appeal "you gotta play this game" vibe to it, even though many of those REAL exclusives actually are tempting.

crazy numbers. Crazy that they also closed the poll down early.

I posted that on my facebook and some dude came out and told me that it's bullshit and that the cloud will enhance his gaming experience ten-fold. I told him that's great and I'm very happy for him. Lol.

Savitar

That's some crazy ass beat down of a poll result.

The fact they ended it early says a lot.....you know someone ended it for business reasons.

DBT85

actually..

that tactic worked for microsoft with the og xbox

Are you suggesting that the 360 sold well because of the groundwork that the og xbox did? I'd guess a years head start and more in some regions and a lower price might have had something to do with it.

Safe Bet

Banned
Are you suggesting that the 360 sold well because of the groundwork that the og xbox did? I'd guess a years head start and more in some regions and a lower price might have had something to do with it.
the brand recognition created by the xbox helped too

which was my point

ms is willing to take loses for future gains

70 % in favour of the PS4 at 01net.com (out of 1,936 votes):

640.776305.jpg

http://www.01net.com/editorial/597309/sondage-01net-70pour-cent-de-nos-lecteurs-plebiscitent-la-playstation-4/

DorianD

Definitely Sony is on cloud 9 with the current praise and perception. I just hope they can keep it up and rock it like PS2 generation. Bottom line for me is that, I'm ooking forward to getting a PS4 and my current gaming rig.

Geniuzz

This should be an indication to MS that they might want to rethink their marketing strategy. If you want Xbone to succeed, you will need to focus on the positives and so far they have mostly highlighted the negatives. Make me want an Xbone, make it seem fun. How can that be so hard?

herod

What's funny is before the 360 controller the dual shock was considered the greatest controller ever made.

No, that would be the Wavebird.

Not that it matters, all designs are perfectly playable. The idea that one or the other is not is quite alarmingly stupid.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
How much of the disparity is attributed to general disdain for Microsoft's policies versus the hardware/software? My impression is that a good number of people are against Microsoft because of their policies right now and their hatred runs deep. Not sure any franchise could rescue them at this stage of the game.

hwy_61

Banned
What Microsoft has failed to realize, is that a lot of their more casual audience don't follow gaming press. They usually ask the "gamer" in the family, who does. This kind of word of mouth travels fast between the hardcore and the casuals.

Shit, just the other day at work, at least 10 co workers would ask me which console they should buy. All they needed to hear was the always online thing, and it was enough for them too not want the Xbox One. MS must have a hell of a marketing plan, because the Xbox One looks pretty shitty compared to PS4.

Maxim726X

I wonder what will have the worse launch

Wii U, which people didn't know existed at launch (and still don't)

or

Xbox One, which people sure as fuck know exists, but may be facing the most negative press pre-launch a console has ever experienced, and is in direct competition with a console that is being presented as the second coming of Christ

hmmm

We will really see how much the casual market matters. Obviously they've lost gamers... And it's also pretty obvious that gamers are not their primary demographic. They'll market the shit out of it, unlike Nintendo. Certainly will be interesting.

hwy_61

Banned
We will really see how much the casual market matters. Obviously they've lost gamers... And it's also pretty obvious that gamers are not their primary demographic. They'll market the shit out of it, unlike Nintendo. Certainly will be interesting.

They may not care about the gamer demographic, but those gamers will spread the message to casuals. You can believe dat.

What Microsoft has failed to realize, is that a lot of their more casual audience don't follow gaming press. They usually ask the "gamer" in the family, who does. This kind of word of mouth travels fast between the hardcore and the casuals.

Shit, just the other day at work, at least 10 co workers would ask me which console they should buy. All they needed to hear was the always online thing, and it was enough for them too not want the Xbox One. MS must have a hell of a marketing plan, because the Xbox One looks pretty shitty compared to PS4.

Unfortunately for Microsoft, alot of misinformation is being spread. The truth is still pretty bad but getting the right info out to casuals to undo the damage will be rough becuase, like you said, they don't follow things.

LuchaShaq

Banned
How much of the disparity is attributed to general disdain for Microsoft's policies versus the hardware/software? My impression is that a good number of people are against Microsoft because of their policies right now and their hatred runs deep. Not sure any franchise could rescue them at this stage of the game.

The only game that could make me buy an Xbone would be Persona 5/P4-2 exclusive.

Even then once I was done I would sell the thing on craigslist.

Never have I wanted a console to flop sooo hard. I wish they'd not called mercy on the poll.
<-current 360 fanboy

This is me too.

I am a huge XBox 360 gamer, and never have I been such a fanboy for a system since the SuperNES / Genesis days. (I was on the SNES side)

Go PS4 !

Popcorn is ready for the holidays, it will be interesting watching the sales numbers to see if it matches the current sentiment out there.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
A poll on Belgium's largest news site:

8IlZ5vH.png

4th option, to be clear = 'I'll stick to my old system'

360 was never a success here, doesn't seem like XBO will do any better

Rolf NB

Same here. The number of people I've seen using the joint of the thumb rather than the point/end on an analog stick is just sad. Such a basic thing yet somehow some people got it wrong.
Probably because touching the raised edge of the convex stick with your thumb joint is uncomfortable. Friction. What do you do? Put the joint in the middle of the stick, touch the rim with the softer, more flexible parts of skin on your thumb tip and toward the other direction.

People basically train themselves around one thing, and when they get handed a different thing, they can no longer go back to neutral. Goes to show the power of moving first.

Top Bottom