• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 is uneven and wobbles when put horizontally

Status
Not open for further replies.
All four corners are moving, so it's more likely that they have a shitty table.

I highly doubt that the PS4 is so bowed out in the bottom that this happens...

Xander51

You guys should watch their full unboxing video. The system only has feet on one end and in the middle, and there's no sign of there ever having been one on the other end. I don't think they just knocked a foot off.

flkraven

From the Giant Bomb Unboxing Video:

iYj0EJfDdruQy.gif

What the actual fuck? How is this the first we are hearing of this? My OCD levels are spinning out of control.

I don't know why, but this response made me LOL at work. Boss asked me what I was laughing at. Ha!

bgbball31

Yeah, I saw that in the video and it is going to make me crazy knowing it is there. I may just slide something under it and make it sit level though.

Seriously guys. You think a company is going to put billions into system development just to forget to use a freaking bubble level to make sure the system is even? lmao.

"wobbles when poked down with pressure to make it wobble"

What? I can press down on 100% of my electronics and they won't do that. What kind of shit stuff do you own, lol?

That's is pretty crazy, something must be going on outside of what we think (shitty manufacturing) because no device should be 'loose' like that, that is going to be reading disks and having the eject/power button pushed often.

todd360

This shit is worse than the 3 red lights fiasco! How many ps4s will I have to buy before I get a precision balanced model!

Midas

You've got to understand that this is by choice, much like the square button on the PSP. It's all a plan by Kutaragi.

How did they not think of having rubber feet on all four corners/edges of the console? That's the thing that takes a second to just tack on but prevents completely annoying and unnecessary faults like this.

TomoK

Banned
Just put those little sticky grippy thingeys at each side to balance it.

It's funny that the Xbox One is designed to be horizontal, while the PS4 is designed to be vertical, assuming this is true of course, and not a defective unit.

It does not "Wobble" unless pressed. Its physics, if you press on an object with a base center of gravity it will move to the pressed side all things being equal.

I do see that it is a tad raised on that side however, but that is a completely separate thing. To say that it "Wobbles when put horizontally" is sensationalism.

Steel

Banned
Hey they were saying that the ps4 is better with a stand standing up lol, probably doesn't wobble in that case..

Silky

Banned
I only use my consoles horizontally. Vertical is a huge hazard in my home of loud, noisy, hyperactive children.

What a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom