• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 is uneven and wobbles when put horizontally

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZrJTLf1.png

Metalmarc

Somebody FIRE Mark cerny and the team for gods sake
:mad:

Not!! lol i bet some rubber feet are missing, if not i'll probably see if i can buy some

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Uh, unless that's a bad unit that looks really bad to me. The last thing that you would want is a device with a spinning disc drive that isn't completely stable.
cant be good with a spinning disc

Just don't play finger drums on the top side of your system then like the sane population of your country of origin and you're good to go?

doby

Good to know. Though it seemed that this wasn't the first time Jeff saw a PS4 wobble..

He starts talking about the issue saying that previous one he saw was missing the rubber feet in the middle meaning it only had one of the right side. This made the unit unlevel and tilted down toward the left side. This wouldn't have made it wobble.

The issue with the unit in the video is that the rubber feet in the middle give a higher elevation than the right side, therefore it doesn't lie level and instead the left side is raised as a result.

The wobble is a result of pressing down on the left side as there is no rubber foot to support it, nor will there ever be. It wont be an issue if all 3 footings provide equal elevation as their mapped footprint is larger than the side without footing.

Simousse

Neo Member
"PS 3.5, -0.5 because wobbles"

Polygon.

Otherwise, as I don't pock my device when I use it (or not), it should be fine.

I'm not sure but if the problem is there, then my guess would be that they haven't noticed it

Wouldn't you notice this instantly? As soon as you place the PS4 down. Unless I'm now living in a world where people have their eyes all fucked up, where they are unable to tell that an object is physically uneven, and if a game is 720p or 1080p.

ElNino

My Wii U is like this as well. It sucks because I gave it to my son as a Christmas present (from Santa) last year so I didn't want to go to the hassle of exchanging it months later when I noticed.

Oh well, it works fine but it is not level to the shelf it's on. When I rearrange our setup for the One/PS4 I'll probably switch the Wii U to stand vertically though so that should "solve" it.

Mister D

If the PS4 actually wobbles like that then that definitely sucks. But I can easily fix that by going to Walmart and grabbing a four-pack of those black rubber feet that will make the console sit above the current feet and balance that shit out. Still kinda crappy that I would have to do that if the wobble is as bad as it looks, but not that big of an issue for me.

I'm still canceling my preorder though.

def sim

Anyone else would flip it over and have a look if a rubber foot fell off while you were frantically unboxing it.
A games "journalist" tries to make a story out of it.

They didn't make a story out of it. They just pointed it out during an unboxing. More so as an unfortunate quirk to an, otherwise, well designed console.

FaintDeftone

Wobblegate has begun...

I honestly have no issue with this. It isn't like I break out a level and make sure everything on my entertainment center is flush with the tabletop. Still, if true that is sort of a strange design flaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom