• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 owners who upgraded to PS4 Pro, was it worth it?

KageMaru

Absolutely not worth it. If resale was better on it I would've sold it already. I'll gladly use it for my PS4 library but if I had a local trade come up for a slim with a lot of games I would take it.

Do you have a 4K HDR TV? Curious what games you played on it as some show a bigger upgrade than others.

neoemonk

I had a base PS4 and upgraded thinking I'd have a 4K TV soon, which I don't. With a regular 1080p display, I'd say it isn't really worth it, much like the X1X isn't.

This is exactly where I'm at, although I have been looking at that $600 TCL TV. Really, I've just been too lazy to learn about the 4K features I should care about and haven't wanted to drop the cash on a TV just to find out it's missing something.

Curufinwe

I got a Pro and a 49 inch Sony X900E in May and the combined upgrade from my old setup of a PS4 with a 40 inch 1080p Samsung from 2009 was very much worth it. Wipeout and Horizon look incredible in 4K HDR. I sold my PS4 for $120 so combined with the Best Buy rewards the Pro cost about $260 net.

It was also nice to move the 40 inch TV into the den where my wife had been playing PS4 games on a 32 inch 720p set. She doesn't care about resolutions but she does appreciate the significantly bigger screen.

Top Bottom