• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 slim leaked?

Mrdrboi

Banned
That looks pretty good but ill believe it when sony announces it.

If its released at $299 PS4 wins generation.

Isnt it a tad early for sony to release a slim though?

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
SUPER_SECRET_DO_NOT_TAKE_WEIRD_ANGLED_PHONE_PICTURES_OF_THIS_OH_MAN_YOULL_BE_IN_SO_MUCH_TROUBLEnewplaystation01.tiff

In all honestly its WAY too small. I mean that thing would be far smaller than both the slim PS3 and Slim 360.

Hell it looks Wii sized. No chance they could have shrunk production down so much already in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure why everyone is jumping on the "confidential" part of the file name. It looks like a perfectly beuaracratical naming structure to me.

RM8

I wish they would at least try to make the "leak" not look absurdly fake. OMGCONFIDENTIAL, really?

Orayn

The PS4 could be close to this size if it had an external power supply.

Eh, not really. The power supply doesn't actually increase the size of the PS4's footprint, and removing it wouldn't make it much thinner since you still need a decent amount of clearance for the heatsink and fan.

It looks fantastic.

I wouldn't mind it being like that if it was true. If this is a fake, I hope Sony's slim design is something like it.

so...
if it is real,
I guess it is safe to believe that this halloween, or this thanksgiving, or this christmas, there'll be a Ps4 slim Uc4 bundle with either a year subscription to PS+ or a renewal.

DOWN

Banned
It's barely been over a year since launch. I don't expect slim for at least another year and a half.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Why would the logo and finish not be on the front, or the top? Screams fake.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Nice photoshop render.

The PS4 is already fairly loud and gets pretty hot in it's current form. No way they've managed to get it THAT much smaller and kept it at the same decibel level and temperature in around a year.

I call fake.

Looks hot though.

Anth0ny

Way too beautiful to be real.

I don't think we'll ever get a console that slim ever again unless it's Nintendo making it.

DOWN

Banned
SonyToo!™;148757042 said:
I hope it's fake, that angled look is tacky as hell imo and I hope Sony ditches it for their Slim.

Tacky? The Xbox One looks like the most basic thing around thanks to it's lack of any angles. It's VCR comparison is not a compliment. The angle looks sculpture-like and really well done in the console space.

There certainly will be a PS4 slim in the future, and with how small they got the ps2 slim to be in 2004 they should be able to make a ps4 just as small in 2016 seeing as it was already quite small on launch. And I think the design in the op is beautiful AF, if sony actually creates anything resembling it I would be very happy.

DJ_Lae

The comparison shot makes it about the size of a Wii (if even skinnier) and there's no visible intake anywhere for the fan that will inevitably sound like a hair dryer.

Someone didn't even try.

Top Bottom