• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 slim leaked?

Amir0x

Banned
man the PS4 is not a big console as it is, no way they're going to slice that much size off this soon imo. that'd be a true feat of miracle engineering as far as I can tell

it's not a particularly hard thing to fake the way these images are either, so...

faker

20cent

Banned
Confidential company materials do have "confidential" on them... At least it is the case in all companies I worked for / with sharing documents with distributors, buyers, factories, etc.

It might be fake but the pictures, angles and details look legit, or at least made by professional product designer, not from a deviantart "3d artist" wannabe.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm not sure why people are saying it's too small. The technology powering the PS4 doesn't exactly need a large footprint.

It does look nice though, even if it may be a fake render.

Sony had the ps4 hardware planned and designed probably a year if not longer prior to it's release, so taking that into account they have had a lot of time since then to plan a hardware redesign. Sony has incredible hardware engineers at their disposal and I wouldn't doubt them for a second that they could pull off a ps4 that was as slim as the one in the OP. Looking at ps2 to ps2 slim, and ps3 to ps3 super slim sony was able to carve off roughly 50% of the size in thickness and I expect something at least close to that margin with a ps4 slim. I just don't expect to see it anytime soon.
VBKp5.jpg

but they did take away backwards compatibility to reach that

Remember when we thought that the Super Slim PS3 was fake because of how bad it was? Lol

But damn man, this thing looks sexy. HAS to have an external power supply, right?

Those tactile buttons... the Dualshock comparison.

It's like a Wii.

Rephin

Seems kinda tiny for a monolith.

In any case, fake as hell. If real, a side loader just seems like a bad design choice.

Mononoke

Banned
Not this soon.

I mean, maybe to keep beating out MS? A slim would obviously be a price drop (and drop in memory I assume).

Don't get me wrong. I think this is fake, and I'm thinking it's too soon as well. But I could see the Slim coming out sooner than we think. Just another option/model to keep undercutting MS and continue their momentum.

Mononoke

Banned
man the PS4 is not a big console as it is, no way they're going to slice that much size off this soon imo. that'd be a true feat of miracle engineering as far as I can tell

it's not a particularly hard thing to fake the way these images are either, so...

faker

Yeahhhh

I think it's too soon as well. But apart of me could see them putting it out sooner than past generations. Just so they can get that price drop for a side model (like another option). I think Sony really wants to continue dominating this gen. And since MS is desperate and has dropped their price to $349 (and even though they brought it back up to $399...but then dropped it again to $349)....they could be eyeing a slim sooner, just to get a cheaper priced model out on the market.

That said, I can't imagine them planning it THIS SOON.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Not to say this is real, but people really don't think actual confidential documents have "Confidential" on them? Wow.

Top Bottom