• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 surpasses 6 million units sold as of March 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Damn samar. Wishing you all the best of everything. My nephew passed at 26 due to complications from the same. Cancer sucks ass......

McLovin

Did you tell him?
Actually a few weeks ago he was telling me about how hard a time he was having trying to find a ps4. He was thinking about getting a X1 instead. So I told him that if he went with the x1, to get Titanfall. I'm guessing he didn't realize it was an exclusive. He was pretty bummed when I told him it was.

N.Domixis

Banned
Actually a few weeks ago he was telling me about how hard a time he was having trying to find a ps4. He was thinking about getting a X1 instead. So I told him that if he went with the x1, to get Titanfall. I'm guessing he didn't realize it was an exclusive. He was pretty bummed when I told him it was.
Tell him that titanfall 2 will play best on ps4

noobie

Banned
7 million is the expected figure if we extrapolate the sales from the last five months.

A site of "industry insiders" dedicated to tracking the sales of PS4, XBone, and WiiU? The chartzzz site has more professionalism than this one.
EDIT: In fact, the insiderp info is banned on the xxxzzz site as "unreliable". Oh, the irony.

Really .. :O

what an irony..

A_Gorilla

Banned
7 million is the expected figure if we extrapolate the sales from the last five months.

A site of "industry insiders" dedicated to tracking the sales of PS4, XBone, and WiiU? The chartzzz site has more professionalism than this one.
EDIT: In fact, the insiderp info is banned on the xxxzzz site as "unreliable". Oh, the irony.

I remember GeoCities webpages that looked more professional than that site.

Amkof

Neo Member
Nice to see both consoles are doing well in terms of sales. It's good to see there's a bit of back and forth in terms of sales from generation to generation as well. Keeps both companies on their toes and pushing for innovation.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Nice to see both consoles are doing well in terms of sales. It's good to see there's a bit of back and forth in terms of sales from generation to generation as well. Keeps both companies on their toes and pushing for innovation.

Can we please stop spouting this "Parity is good!" BS? its been thoroughly debunked.

not sure if titanfall 2 will play better without azure 17ms ping servers. But lets wait until 2016 and find out :)

I get no where near 17 ms pings on Azure servers. I see people with them, but I see far more people at 50msec + (which is nothing special).

This is on US Data Center East or South (I get basically the same ping to both). My personal ping hovers between 45 and 60 msec.

Skeff

not sure if titanfall 2 will play better without azure 17ms ping servers. But lets wait until 2016 and find out :)

Yea man, there's no way Microsoft would rent out there servers to anyone else, it's not like it's Microsofts fastest growing Division or anything...oh wait....shit....

Bgamer90

Banned
Can we please stop spouting this "Parity is good!" BS? its been thoroughly debunked.

Can we please stop responding in this fashion to someone who simply says that it's good that both consoles are doing well?

Saying that isn't the same as saying "parity". It's obvious that one console is doing better in overall sales than the other. Both systems will be getting good features/games due to neither of them being flops and things will be taken and/or copied from that fact to make both consoles even better as this gen moves along.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Who started that anyway? Makes absolutely no sense. Its like people forget the PS2 generation happened.

It sprouted from posters' misguided views about having another generation dominated by PS4 the same way the PS2 did as detrimental to the overall quality of games and lowered revenue gained. As Y2Kev had pointed out though, that 'competition' is not 'parity' and that people saying that both companies need to sell for the good of the industry as propping up a false view in which everyone should "win" instead of consumers correcting the market in itself. Survival of the fittest and all that jazz. Competition breeds innovation, not sales parity. If Sony becomes too big for their britches again, the market will correct them just like it did for the PS3.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Can we please stop responding in this fashion to someone who simply says that it's good that both consoles are doing well?

Except he didn't just say that:

Gestault

Why would two companies doing well be bad for the market, if that success is based on sustained demand from buyers? I'd say it signals overall health of the industry. This wasn't someone assuming parity was the same as competition.

Yea man, there's no way Microsoft would rent out there servers to anyone else, it's not like it's Microsofts fastest growing Division or anything...oh wait....shit....

http://majornelson.com/2013/10/17/x...osting-to-our-xbox-one-development-community/

dedicated azure Servers are only free to Xbox one Games. EA would rather use their own laggy Servers on ps4 tf2.
pvz gw is really laggy sometimes.

But lets just wait until Titanfall 2 comes out, to find out, 2016 or something.

Dragon

Banned
Why would two companies doing well be bad for the market, if that success is based on sustained demand from buyers? I'd say it signals overall health of the industry. This wasn't someone assuming parity was the same as competition.

Uh that isn't what he said?

http://majornelson.com/2013/10/17/x...osting-to-our-xbox-one-development-community/

dedicated azure Servers are only free to Xbox one Games. EA would rather use their own laggy Servers on ps4 tf2.

With all the framerate dips and screen tearing in Titanfall on Xbone I wonder how you can tell that it's so responsive in the first place.

FranXico

If both companies sell "equally well" for long enough, a cartel would develop leaving consumers powerless despite the appearance of a competing market.

Skeff

If EA are using their own servers on PS4/PS3/PC/360, then it would likely be easier for them to run everything on their own servers. Expect all Azure or no Azure, it's as simple as that.

Gestault

If both companies sell "equally well" for long enough, a cartel would develop leaving consumers powerless despite the appearance of a competing market.

A cartel is a different from what you think is it if you assume that's how they start. Also, don't use quotes around "equally well" if those weren't my words, particularly as it changes the meaning.

S¡mon

Banned
Yes and faulty assumption in there is that both consoles selling well will mean that both companies will push for innovation.

No, that isn't what he says. He says there is a difference from generation to generation. Like this:

- PS2/Xbox generation: PS2 was number one, because they pushed powerful hardware and a very affordable DVD player
- PS3/X360 generation: Microsoft took a lot of market share from Sony, because they came up with a powerful, yet affordable next-gen console... as well as Xbox Live, which set the standard for gaming. Sony loses a lot of marketshare, Microsoft wins a lot of marketshare
- PS4/XB1 generation: (for now) PS4 is winning, because... uhm, well, difficult to say as the generation is just beginning, but you could argue that it is because: cheaper yet more powerful box, 'more consumer friendly' (as in: publicly announced support for used games an no always-on connection). Sony wins a lot of marketshare, Microsoft loses a lot of marketshare

That's what he said: Microsoft and Sony are competing with each other, and that's visible in sales from generation to generation.

I know Amazon shouldn't be used as a sales gauge but this is the first time I have seen the Titanfall bundle fall out of the top 20. March will be interesting indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom