• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 System Software Update 4.50 Features Detailed

The other thread is moving pretty quick and I guess this is aimed more at the beta folks who got some use of 4.5: Was the stuttering streaming issues with externals only happening with external SSD, or with HDD as well? Thinking about clearing out my seagate for my ps4 but don't really want to make the effort if I end up having to move everything back to internal.

@Wreck

Hello

question for you beta users (if you don't mind)

do you guys know if the external HD turns off when you go into:

suspend
shutdown (i would assume)

>?

LordOfChaos

Hello

question for you beta users (if you don't mind)

do you guys know if the external HD turns off when you go into:

suspend
shutdown (i would assume)

>?

Suspend would treat it the same as the internal hard drive, turns it off until it needs to spin it up to do an update or something (if you have those on).

holygeesus

Banned
The other thread is moving pretty quick and I guess this is aimed more at the beta folks who got some use of 4.5: Was the stuttering streaming issues with externals only happening with external SSD, or with HDD as well? Thinking about clearing out my seagate for my ps4 but don't really want to make the effort if I end up having to move everything back to internal.

It is hard to pin down what is at fault - I have a Pro with a Samsung SSD in an external caddy, and had very occasional stutter during cut-scenes in Yakuza. I'm not having any issues with Resident Evil 7 and load times are massively improved over my SSHD.

I was using Boost Mode with Yakuza though, so it may have been that causing issues. It is hard to be conclusive and it might be wise to wait for a proper tech test from Digital Foundry etc.

It is hard to pin down what is at fault - I have a Pro with a Samsung SSD in an external caddy, and had very occasional stutter during cut-scenes in Yakuza. I'm not having any issues with Resident Evil 7 and load times are massively improved over my SSHD.

I was using Boost Mode with Yakuza though, so it may have been that causing issues. It is hard to be conclusive and it might be wise to wait for a proper tech test from Digital Foundry etc.

Just spotted this response, cheers for that man. I'm just on the slim over here so no boost mode anyway but yea, I'll keep an eye out for DF tests etc, thanks!

Top Bottom