• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 System Software Update 4.50 Features Detailed

Planet

It was always this way in the current beta, AFAIK written right into the feature preview on the official blog post (unlike boost mode).

Akoi

Stuck on beta 2 from the burner account am I missing out on anything not being on beta 4? Are there burner accounts still floating around?

Tarnpanzer

Stuck on beta 2 from the burner account am I missing out on anything not being on beta 4? Are there burner accounts still floating around?

You got the most important thing which is Boost Mode. Beta 3 and 4 just had some bugfixes, and better tracking for VR. Nothing major in my opinion...

pottuvoi

Banned
I can't understate how incredible the 3D with Blu-Rays is in PSVR. Since 2012, I've had that 24" PlayStation 3D Display, which still works great for me. However, I sometimes get ghosting with it. There's zero ghosting in PSVR and, as there are no glasses, the image is a lot more vivid and colorful.
Ghosting is not in the source, it's always the display tech.
With vr glasses you can properly assign image for eyes.

HvySky

Just got a PS4 Pro in anticipation of Boost Mode. Hate to be that guy, but if anyone has a spare code I'd be eternally grateful.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Heyyyyy .. Sony came through and emailed me a code :D redeeming it as we speak.

Everyone who signed up, check y'all email carefully. This was buried deep in my inbox's promotions folder, just did a random search in my gmail for the word "Code". I've had this email for about 4 days now.

GeNoMe

Heyyyyy .. Sony came through and emailed me a code :D redeeming it as we speak.

Everyone who signed up, check y'all email carefully. This was buried deep in my inbox's promotions folder, just did a random search in my gmail for the word "Code". I've had this email for about 4 days now.
Thank you so much! I actually had a code buried in my clutter box.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What's the email invitation subject?

If anyone has a code, or a burner account I'm still looking.

This is the subject:

"Welcome to the PlayStation 4 System Software 4.50 Beta"

Again, Gmail owners, this seems to have gone into your Promotions tab. Run a quick email search with the word Code.

Yikes.

I just hooked up my new External 2 TB WD Elements Drive to my Standard PS4 since I have the 4.50 Beta installed.

I have a Seagate 1 TB SSHD as my internal drive.

Loading up Bloodborne from "Continue Game" to spawning into the Dream takes approx 10.5-11 seconds to load it up from the main menu.

Where as loaded onto the External 2TB, it takes between 13.25 and 13.75 seconds.

I honestly wasn't expecting the external to be almost a full 3 seconds slower, even if I have a SSHD, but the results were still interesting to me.

Guess I'll keep just the games I'm currently playing on the Internal, and anything I want to go back to later stored on the External and then I'll move then when I want to play them.

MrBS

The only game I tested that had been paining me lately was Final Fantasy XV. Tried three times each on my internal hitachi 1TB 7200rpm vs my newly purchased external WD 4TB 5400rpm drive and the minute loang load times across all six times was the same down to the second. Not the best game to test I guess or maybe Pro hitting bottleneck already? Regardless it motivated me to just leave everything on the external.

Can confirm if you have a 3D TV, you can simultaneously have a 3D Blu-Ray movie output to both PSVR and your 3D TV, allowing for someone else to watch the same movie (but using 3D glasses instead of PSVR). If you have a non-3D TV, no audio or video will be output to to the TV. I tested this on my 24" PlayStation 3D Display and my (non-3D) 32" Vizio 1080p television. Interestingly, when I was outputting to the 3D display, I got an alert within PSVR that I was connected to a 3D display. I got my hopes up, thinking 3D games would work in PSVR like Blu-Ray movies do. Alas, when I downloaded Trine (which has 3D support), it only worked in 2D. Hopefully 3D support for games in PSVR will come in the future, but I doubt it.

FDC1

Anyone having troubles synchronizing trophies with beta 4? I have some but I don't know if it's not just a coincidence.

melkier33

Anyone having troubles synchronizing trophies with beta 4? I have some but I don't know if it's not just a coincidence.

I noticed some things being slow and sluggish. Resetting my router and modem seemed to fix it. Not really sure it's a beta issue.

TheBrixx

Neo Member
Dude, read the thread. People keep posting this. There are burner accounts. You don't need to wait.

But who should we PM to get to a burner account? The old thread got closed and I honestly don't how to set this up. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
But who should we PM to get to a burner account? The old thread got closed and I honestly don't how to set this up. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.
Exactly, where is this burner?

Vashetti

Banned
I take it this isn't releasing tomorrow (Tuesday is traditionally firmware release day), as they haven't announced it anywhere.

Usually they announce a release date. So another week in beta. Unless they just stealth release it tomorrow anyway.

Anyone having issues using an external drive. I moved almost all of my library and then added the rest of my games to a 4TB external. Everything loads fine, but I noticed some slow down in MLB The Show 2017 and Horizon Zero Dawn has been skipping some audio.

Anyone have issues similar to this?

Played Hitman just now and there is also skipping on the cutscenes. Very weird and frustrating, especially on Horizon.

I'm not (Crucial MX300 525GB SSD in Vantec NexStar 3.1 2.5" enclosure). Hitman runs beautifully.

I'm using a 4TB Seagate Backup Plus and it's 2x 2TB Samsung Spinpoints inside. All the games runs great, it's just the cutscenes in Hitman, the audio skipping in Horizon and a slowdown in The Show 2016 when batters make their way to the plate.

I'm moving Horizon to the system storage to see if that clears up the issue.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Just got myself Seagate Expansion 4TB
Slim not fat
Does anyone has one, I had the 2TB and 1TB before and they've been great

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
As a new PS4 owner, I'm unfamiliar with how long it typically takes to go from beta to full release with PS4 OS updates. Does anyone have any guesses for when 4.50 might release?

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Blargh. I was hoping 4.50 would finally come to the masses this week. 3D Blu-rays on PSVR is such a rad feature. Being laid up with a slowwwwly healing broken back I could so use that right now (miraculously, no damage to the spinal cord -- after recovery I'll have 90% of the range of motion I did before falling three stories, thank the maker)!

Perhaps I'll bite the bullet and PM someone for access to a burner, but I feel lame doing so :/

Edit: Please see my post a bit below. GAF RULZ OK!

KyleCross

I've been using my external hdd without issue since the beta started but today after turning my system on it said the external had an issue and needed to be repaired, informing me to use "stop using external storage" before disconnecting the external hdd. I didn't unplug it at all. What's going on?

Blargh. I was hoping 4.50 would finally come to the masses this week. 3D Blu-rays on PSVR is such a rad feature. Being laid up with a slowwwwly healing broken back I could so use that right now (miraculously, no damage to the spinal cord -- after recovery I'll have 90% of the range of motion I did before falling three stories, thank the maker)!

Perhaps I'll bite the bullet and PM someone for access to a burner, but I feel lame doing so :/

Holy shit, congrats dude!

Arttemis

God damn! Congrats and good luck on the miraculous recovery, man!

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Wow, thanks to the glorious community that is GAF for both the well-wishes and 4.50 access! My eternal gratitude.

cozomel

Not scientific but they seem fast to me. I had some issue with very occasional stuttering during cut-scenes in Yakuza but it might have been an issue with the game rather than my set-up.

Yeah, im getting stuttering on DS3 on the beginnin cutscene when installed on the external but on on the internal.

cozomel

Anyone having issues using an external drive. I moved almost all of my library and then added the rest of my games to a 4TB external. Everything loads fine, but I noticed some slow down in MLB The Show 2017 and Horizon Zero Dawn has been skipping some audio.

Anyone have issues similar to this?

Played Hitman just now and there is also skipping on the cutscenes. Very weird and frustrating, especially on Horizon.

And like i said before, I am getting stuttering on DS3's beginning cutscene when installed on the external whereas i dont when installed in the internal. I think its probably caused by the same thing.

Bishop89

Please Sony, make it public already!

1VjEL.gif

Top Bottom