• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 / XB1 / Switch - September 2017 Games

dottme

I don't think I'll resist a long time to the calling of Knack 2. Especially as I enjoyed the first one.

LordKano

The OP is very incomplete with clear bias but since you didn't care the last time you probably won't update it this time either.
On my side, I'd like to get Danganronpa V3, Hob, Cuphead & Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 but I know for sure that I won't have the money for all of them. I'm already axing Pokkén DX since I own it on Wii U already, despite being interested in the additions.

sirronoh

Can we not go through this again? If you think games are missing, just list them instead of going on the defence brigade. It would be far more constructive to the thread.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Why is Destiny coming out on a Wednesday?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
What extra content does Rayman Legends have that makes it stand out?

I played it on WiiU and PS4.

I might get Monster Hunter Stories, Rayman Legends - Definitive Edition and Ys (still debating) with Stories being the most likely pick up. I already have the Vita version of Danganronpa V3 on order along with Metroid: Samus Returns. Pokken I'll probably pick up in a sale later since I already have it on Wii U. I'd get Cuphead if my laptop was better.

I'll probably end up getting more, but Metroid and Danganronpa are the only confirmed ones I'm getting in Sept. October is going to be the death of me though if I remember what's coming out correctly.

Can we not go through this again? If you think games are missing, just list them instead of going on the defence brigade. It would be far more constructive to the thread.

Not sure what LordKano was referring to but here are some retail games that I believe are missing for Switch.

LEGO Worlds - Sep 5th
Touhou Burst Battle - Sep 5th
Dragonball Xenoverse 2 - Sep 22nd
One Piece Unlimited World Red - Sep 29th

Big month release wise with Destiny 2. I shall be sticking the hours into that, shame i'm back at work on Friday though! Can never release these things over the summer haha.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Thankfully, someone posted regarding the release of RUINER. :)

For me, I have four games and an expansion.

PlayStation 4 Pro
- Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
- Knack 2
- Ruiner
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3: The Sabotage expansion (September 5th)

Xbox One Slim
- Cuphead

kyser73

Are you going to ignore every xbox game mentioned in this thread too?
Now this is what i call commitment

Cuphead doesn't look like a heavy game to me. Maybe i'm wrong though.

The OP is very incomplete with clear bias but since you didn't care the last time you probably won't update it this time either.
On my side, I'd like to get Danganronpa V3, Hob, Cuphead & Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 but I know for sure that I won't have the money for all of them. I'm already axing Pokkén DX since I own it on Wii U already, despite being interested in the additions.

And yet again neither of you can be bothered to make a 'The Non Sony-Biased September Games Release List for the bereaved Xbone & Switch Owner' thread.

Fukuzatsu

Not sure what LordKano was referring to but here are some retail games that I believe are missing for Switch.

LEGO Worlds - Sep 5th

Not sure about each individual case, but as far as I can tell the Touhou game is supposed to be an October release, the Dragonball game has long been out on PS4 and XB1 (perhaps OP considers it a port), as is also the case with One Piece UWR (came out on PS3, Vita, and Wii U in 2014).

Keinning

And yet again neither of you can be bothered to make a 'The Non Sony-Biased September Games Release List for the bereaved Xbone & Switch Owner' thread.

Because it's ridiculous to have a separate thread for each platform just because some fanboy refuses to update the thread he did on his own even when people list and even format the post for him - case in point. If he just wants to update PS4 games then maybe he shouldnt do a "PS4 /XB1/Switch" thread.

Plenty of people posted plenty of games in the other thread and he never added a single one. Not wasting the time again.

That PS4 list is fucking insane. I'm probably only getting Ys VIII tho, as I have a limited budget until Wolfenstein 2 comes out.

Are you going to ignore every xbox game mentioned in this thread too?
Now this is what i call commitment
Alright, I'll bite the bait. I read the entire thread and what games are not getting mentioned?

Ys and probably Danganronpa for me, depends on how much time I can play next month.

PES 2018 I would get later down the road when it's cheaper.

Oh, Blue Reflection and Senran Kagura too if the impressions are good.

Edit: And Cuphead too, if they release a retail version.

Not sure about each individual case, but as far as I can tell the Touhou game is supposed to be an October release, the Dragonball game has long been out on PS4 and XB1 (perhaps OP considers it a port), as is also the case with One Piece UWR (came out on PS3, Vita, and Wii U in 2014).

Fair enough. I've not kept up with what has any additional content.

Touhou is listed as September on Metacritic. Not sure how accurate it is though.

Zeta Oni

Finally CUPHEAD will be mine!

I'm sorry, but what kind of BS argument is this?

Neither of them will make a thread so that means the person that did is immune to criticism?

What flawless logic.

sirronoh

LEGO Worlds - Sep 5th

Awesome, thanks DeuceGamer!

@Rymuth -- Awesome OT as always! I know you mentioned that old ports won't get a mention and you're right that it would take more time to put together. I'm wondering though, if you were to include ports, how many more games would need to be added to the OT every month? Just wondering because while I understand not including these games, I can also see how it would be helpful for people to see, especially if those individuals only game on one system.

For example, for people who only game on Switch, it doesn't matter when Dragonball Xenoverse 2 came out for PS4 and Xbox. What matters now to them is that it's coming out in September so for them, for all intents and purposes, that is a new game. The same can be said of games just now arriving on PS4 or Xbox for people who only game on one of those systems.

Again, I understand why these games are not included right now. However, if you do reconsider at some point, I would vote in favor of including ports for the sake of clarity and completeness (perhaps with a notation of the game being previously released on other consoles). If you need help, I'll volunteer and I'm sure others would as well.

Thanks Rymuth!

ceramics

Neo Member
Ys on ps4 for sure no question.

For some reason I'm really tempted to grab FIFA on switc.

I don't know jack about soccer nor have I played a soccer game since Mario Strikers.

Yet something about handheld FIFA seems very appealing to me...

Shin-Ra

KNACK II month!

I've also got my eye on Megaton Rainfall but need to see more before committing. edit: Maybe Hob too.

Danganronpa 3, possible.

Megaton Rainfall (PSVR), Ys, probable.

Knack 2, Destiny 2, definite.

(Edit): Cuphead looks great, one of the game on XB1 I would love to play, but will have to miss it for now.

xabbott

Not sure how games like this get handled on this list but Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition is out on Sep 29th.

Woof, rough month.

I'm definitely in for Ys VIII, NBA Live (PS4), NBA 2K18 (NSW) and Danganronpa v3 (PSV).

Playing wait and see for Blue Reflection, Knack 2, and MVCI (Steam). Purchase intent for these "tier 2" games will likely be determined by the release dates announced on the 8/30 Nindies direct, have a feeling that they have a lot of big drops coming sooner than later. Frigging Nintendo and their ambush eShop release schedule.

I'm hanging back on Destiny 2, I'll wait for that PC release.

kyser73

Because it's ridiculous to have a separate thread for each platform just because some fanboy refuses to update the thread he did on his own even when people list and even format the post for him - case in point. If he just wants to update PS4 games then maybe he shouldnt do a "PS4 /XB1/Switch" thread.

Plenty of people posted plenty of games in the other thread and he never added a single one. Not wasting the time again.

There's a pot calling a kettle a name somewhere.

Finally CUPHEAD will be mine!

I'm sorry, but what kind of BS argument is this?

Neither of them will make a thread so that means the person that did is immune to criticism?

What flawless logic.

I was always taught if you don't like something and you can do something about it, you should do it rather than complain.

But warriors gotta war.

Zeta Oni

Edit: Nvm, not even worth it.

Cuphead being at the end of the month is going to make September feel so slow for me. Been waiting for years at this point.

Damn. Sold my pro today, so not getting versus hurts, but I'll live. Gonna have to wait and see at cuphead. It looks amazing, but I've always been hoping at megaman style games. It's crazy because I excel at almost any other.

Edit: Nvm, not even worth it.

Cuphead being at the end of the month is going to make September feel so slow for me. Been waiting for years at this point.

Share what you can. I always like seeing your updates on my live feed.

kunonabi

Senran Kagura and Metroid are my big two for the month. Ill grab Blue Reflection for sure once it gets discounted. Doesnt Monster Hunter Stories come out in September as well?

Top Bottom