• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 XMB @ EuroGamer Expo (Off screen footage)

I dont care how it looks, what matters is whether its fast.

And i am happy to see that it is. The PS3 store and Xbox OS in general are too slow, there is a delay in pretty much every action you take.

I just wish they'd go back to the old PSN store for the PS3. I recently bought an avatar from the store and it took me several minutes to navigate the menus and then actually find the damn avatar. Everything other than the appearance of the new store is a step back from the old one.

And the search engine is atrocious.

Yoday

The one thing that we have seen absolutely nothing of, is the one thing that is the most important to me. The game library.

I really want to see some kind of Steam-like games library that displays all games that you own, regardless of if they are downloaded. We should be able to go into a games library and manage our games without having to deal with that absolutely awful download list, or search the store for the games that we own.

The only thing we have seen so far is the most recently used apps/games bar, and that just isn't good enough. We are only a month and a half from launch, surely they must have the library menu close enough to final to show it off a bit.

ckohler

Sry 4 the shitty quality.

Hohokum, eh? You work for Honeyslug? :)

Also, any idea what this "TV Screen" icon is that appeared in earlier mockups of the UI? More recent demos don't include it anymore. It's the icon that appears between the "Live from Playstation" (camera) icon and the Video Unlimited icon in the screenshot below:

4us0E7o.jpg

Cidd

Also, any idea what this "TV Screen" icon is that appeared in earlier mockups of the UI? More recent demos don't include it anymore. It's the icon that appears between the "Live from Playstation" (camera) icon and the Video Unlimited icon in the screenshot below:

4us0E7o.jpg

Most likely Tv Apps like Netflix and Hulu etc.

I think it's time we start getting a little more detail on the OS.

Guymelef

4us0E7o.jpg

Umm, Honeyslug and snowdrop engine doesn't compute, i'm intrigante.

Oh man, this is look great! A lot better than previous versions and I can't wait to see more. And am I the only one excited to see how fast Netflix is on this? That'll be my killer-app... I just want fast Netflix to gameplay.

calder

Oh man, this is look great! A lot better than previous versions and I can't wait to see more. And am I the only one excited to see how fast Netflix is on this? That'll be my killer-app... I just want fast Netflix to gameplay.

My wife uses Netflix about an hour a day on ps3. I think she'll be blown away on the upgrade to ps4 lol.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Yeah heard whispers from Epic Games,
MR said "Yeah, we're really pleased with what we got - at least so far from Sony
This is a phenomenal piece of hardware and we're going to do amazing things with it."

TS said "Sony has defined an ideal next-generation platform"

SG said "Having 8GB of DDR5 ram is staggering, as the speed that the data can be shifted around outstrips that 8GB. However, as a smallish indie, to us it's not about what we can do, it's about what we can do well. 1080p, 60fps, 3D is where it's at, and so far we're blown away by what we've managed to achieve with the hardware. Currently our imaginations are running away with themselves"

I know 4 a fact Snowdrop is running better on the PS4 then on a Xbox One.
Hello junior member!

Check your PMs, please!

Thank you and God bless

VanWinkle

Hmm I found the video on YouTube from the gif that Tidux seemed (at least to me) to pass off as his own.

I can't get the URL since im on my tablet but I saw it when I was searching Youtube with "Eurogamer Expo PS4".

8byte

Banned
Too blue-ish for me.

I don't understand posts like these...I mean, certainly a lot of people don't think it'll be this, and nothing else? In an age where everything is customizable on nearly every platform, you don't think this is the ONE THING that Sony forgot, do you?

Why are there so many irrational posts lately on GAF?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Looks good to me. Other vids have shown a more cluttered look but those must be other types of menus like the gamer profile facebook shit. PS3 XMB was excellent good to see it return.

stryke

Lol, mods weren't as vigilante as I thought. Interesting to see how this goes.

Strangely enough, this guy's twitter used to list all consoles on his profile except X1; now it's just PS4 and Vita, and also links to neogaf(???)

viveks86

It did seem kind of sketchy that Tidux kept posting "info" well before Bish could verify him.

To be fair, he could very well be showing what the mockup looks like on a TV. He wasn't explicitly showing it off like he had access to the PS4, did he?

"Ser riktigt bra ut!" means "Looks really good!" according to google translate

I guess we would know soon enough. Prefer to see another verified insider than a banned charlatan. :)

Top Bottom