• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: Atlus stage event at TGS happening in less than 2 minutes.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I stuck around because someone said it was almost over. What is everybody freaking out about now? Devil Summoner 2 or something? What's that? What's Shining Resonance?

squadr0n

They were supposed to reveal a secret hidden in the P5 trailer during this I thought lol? Didnt they say that specifically leading up to this.

I stuck around because someone said it was almost over. What is everybody freaking out about now? Devil Summoner 2 or something? What's that? What's Shining Resonance?
Devil Summoner 2, sequel to...Devil Summoner 1. Remake of a DS game. Should be good. It hadn't been seen in a while, as far as I remember.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Devil Summoner 2, sequel to...Devil Summoner 1. Remake of a DS game. Should be good. It hadn't been seen in a while, as far as I remember.
I feel like that game was just on sale on the eShop for $15. I'll think about buying it next time it's on sale if the hype for 2 escalates a bit.

Nachos

*Devil Survivor

Both are Shin Megami Tensei spin-offs, but they're completely different. This one's a strategy RPG, while Summoner is an action RPG.

*Devil Survivor

Both are Shin Megami Tensei spin-offs, but they're completely different. This one's a strategy RPG, while Summoner is an action RPG.
Whoops, dunno why I always call it "Summoner." I confused the title once and it's stuck with me since. Survivor is indeed an SRPG, and I think it's pretty good. Some people weren't huge fans of DSurvivor 1 on 3DS but I can't remember why in particular.

Steel

Banned
Whoops, dunno why I always call it "Summoner." I confused the title once and it's stuck with me since. Survivor is indeed an SRPG, and I think it's pretty good. Some people weren't huge fans of DSurvivor 1 on 3DS but I can't remember why in particular.

I preferred the DS Devil Survivor. The voice over, while not that bad, kinda felt out of place, like if you had a voice over for an Ace Attorney game. The added stuff was nice though, don't see why people would hate it.

So basically all we got on P5 is a shitty anime trailer? Are they traing to pull a Versus with this game? :/
The "shitty anime" trailer is the same one we saw weeks ago at the Pre-TGS conference. If you don't like that trailer, the game probably isn't for you. Besides, it's getting released next year. I don't see how this is like Versus at all.

Taruranto

The "shitty anime" trailer is the same one we saw weeks ago at the Pre-TGS conference. I don't see how this is like Versus at all.

Because it was announced 1 year ago and we saw was the logo and an anime trailer with zero gameplay. Can't believe people are happy with this garbage.

Because it was announced 1 year ago and we saw was the logo and an anime trailer with zero gameplay. Can't believe people are happy with this garbage.
So 1 year between announcement and first trailer equals Versus-levels. Gotcha. That's a real accurate comparison you've got there.

Everyone, Halo 5 was announced at E3 2013, we haven't seen anything since then! IT'S LIKE VERSUS ALL OVER AGAIN.

Give me a break. The cycle this game is going through is just like basically every other game in the industry. The game even has a confirmed release period of March 2015.

Pooya

The anime trailer was shitty though, they probably spent $5 making it. They could show that a year ago... meh.

The anime trailer was shitty though, they probably spent $5 making it. They could should that a year ago... meh.
Why should they have done it a year ago? Why release a trailer months before release and lose the hype? Atlus is pretty careful with their marketing and seems to do pretty focused cycles of information. Rather than spreading information out over a year, they're going to have a tightly focused hype cycle from now until March. They also had to be sure not to overshadow their other two releases in P4AU and PQ.

Taruranto

That's like Final Fantasy Versus XIII? Heh, right.

So 1 year between announcement and first trailer equals Versus-levels. Gotcha. That's a real accurate comparison you've got there.

Everyone, Halo 5 was announced at E3 2013, we haven't seen anything since then! IT'S LIKE VERSUS ALL OVER AGAIN.

Give me a break. The cycle this game is going through is just like basically every other game in the industry. The game even has a confirmed release period of March 2015.

Was is this, did I hurt Atlus feeling? Look, I know a lot of people here discovered Persona last year, but a lot of us actually have been following the SMT series for years.

Given that the game has been hyped since the beginning of the previous generation basically, it's a tad disappointing to see that all we got since the official announced in 2013 (were they just released a logo and spent all event molesting Teddy) in the most important Japanese Event of the year is a cheap anime trailer that again basically doesn't say anything and doesn't show any gamepaly.

Pooya

Why should they have done it a year ago? Why release a trailer months before release and lose the hype? Atlus is pretty careful with their marketing and seems to do pretty focused cycles of information. Rather than spreading information out over a year, they're going to have a tightly focused hype cycle from now until March. They also had to be sure not to overshadow their other two releases in P4AU and PQ.

As in they could have shown that last year and nothing would have changed. It's not like the trailer is filled with information... Main character design and basic setting and a logo.. those are the most primitive things you can show when you announce a game, whether you want to have a marketing cycle or whatever after or not.

Such insight

yeah, that trailer looks cheap as hell. Any person who has seen 3 anime can tell you that... oh my the crowd looked laughably bad.

If you don't like that trailer, the game probably isn't for you.

hahahaha

Was is this, did I hurt Atlus feeling? Look, I know a lot of people here discovered Persona last year, but a lot of us actually have been following the SMT series for years.

Given that the game has been hyped since the beginning of the previous generation basically, it's a tad disappointing to see that all we got since the official announced in 2013 (were they just released a logo and spent all event molesting Teddy) in the most important Japanese Event of the year is a cheap anime trailer that again basically doesn't say anything and doesn't show any gamepaly.
Congratulations. You're not the only one to have played SMT games for years.

Again, by this silly comparison, your comparison of "Versus" would apply to Halo 5 or other titles. It's really not that surprising for a game to get announced one year and then get its first trailer the next year and then released in the third-ish year. Sounds pretty natural to me. I don't see what's to complain about here exactly. From here to roughly March, we're going to be getting P5 news constantly.

As in they could have shown that last year and nothing would have changed. It's not like the trailer is filled with information... Main character design and basic setting and a logo.. those are the most primitive things you can show when you announce a game, whether you want to have a marketing cycle or whatever after or not.
Your idea makes sense...until you consider what I said. Atlus has been going for more tightly packed info cycles. Why show a random trailer a year ago and then leave your fans bare for 8-12 months? That's way worse of a tease and way more annoying. Better to wait until now and then just give us steady info from now until March.

So much insight and good conversation in this thread I can hardly stand it.

FluxWaveZ

I think you might be insane, I'm not sure.

Taruranto

Congratulations. You're not the only one to have played SMT games for years.

Again, by this silly comparison, your comparison of "Versus" would apply to Halo 5 or other titles. It's really not that surprising for a game to get announced one year and then get its first trailer the next year and then released in the third-ish year. Sounds pretty natural to me. I don't see what's to complain about here exactly. From here to roughly March, we're going to be getting P5 news constantly.

Gosh, stop overreacting. The game was first hinted in 2009, then 2012, then it gets announced in 2013, then they wait 1 year for an anime trailer that doesn't say anything. We don't even have a BASIC idea on how the game will be.

so what we get? nothing

Miku spin-off featuring Rise, the reason we play Atlus games.

The "shitty anime" trailer is the same one we saw weeks ago at the Pre-TGS conference. If you don't like that trailer, the game probably isn't for you. Besides, it's getting released next year. I don't see how this is like Versus at all.

I love Persona and I also thought it was shitty anime trailer.

though to be fair, I think all the Persona anime stuff is terrible

bonercop

Gosh, stop overreacting. The game was first hinted in 2009, then 2012, then it gets announced in 2013, then they wait 1 year for an anime trailer that doesn't say anything. We don't even have a BASIC idea on how the game will be.

yeah, seriously, after so much radio silence we still don't know ANYTHING about the game proper. what they showed was sparse even by the meager standards of a teaser trailer.

Go_Ly_Dow

Persona 4 in 2007 and 5 in 2015 is kind of Versus levels to me personally.

Especially since I played P4 in 07 and not on Vita like many here.

Go_Ly_Dow

Nothing from Persona 5? I'm disappointed ;(

image.php

Alright, maybe I'm just being overly sensitive here, but "can't believe anyone is happy with this garbage" is a really obnoxious phrase that basically expresses condescension towards what other people are genuinely feeling. It's most probably why you get defensive reactions.

Plasma

Banned

It's not like nothing has come out since 07 though, P3P, Catherine, P4A, P4G and Persona Q is out soon.

It's still a pretty ridiculous and uninformed comparison. I've been waiting for Shenmue 3 for 11 years. But I was never shown trailers of it. That's what has happened with Versus. We saw footage of it 8+ years ago and then didn't get anything for all those years. With Persona 5, it's only your own fault that you were waiting. The earliest hint was 2009, we didn't get an actual announcement for another two years.

If there's one thing I'll never forgive Versus for, it's all the endless terrible comparisons that are going to be made to the game.

Miku spin-off featuring Rise, the reason we play Atlus games.
Your concern and want for more info might be taken seriously...if it wasn't for the fact that we're guaranteed to be getting info from now until March.

MechaX

No P5 is disappointing for sure.

And Devil Survivor 2 Break Record... eh... They are going to need to make some substantial changes to make me go through that game again besides voice acting and "hey look, additional half-day and Yamato's Sister!!"

LuchaShaq

Banned
No p5 and not p3 edition for vita.

Atlus why would I ever watch an announcement for your shit god damn.

My only interest in a devil survivor game would be a sequel that allows me to slowly torture/murder every garbage character from that game.

Ibuki

Banned
Why are people expecting P3 for vita? They already made a portable version of that damn game. Let them finish P5 first.

Maebe

This. Considering this is their biggest series you'd think the anime trailer would be far more visually stunning at least.

Rembrandt

Banned
It's still a pretty ridiculous and uninformed comparison. I've been waiting for Shenmue 3 for 11 years. But I was never shown trailers of it. That's what has happened with Versus. We saw footage of it 8+ years ago and then didn't get anything for all those years. With Persona 5, it's only your own fault that you were waiting. The earliest hint was 2009, we didn't get an actual announcement for another two years.

If there's one thing I'll never forgive Versus for, it's all the endless terrible comparisons that are going to be made to the game.

Your concern and want for more info might be taken seriously...if it wasn't for the fact that we're guaranteed to be getting info from now until March.

You seem more annoyed by his/her comparison than his/her actual point.

cj_iwakura

You seem more annoyed by his/her comparison than his/her actual point.

Atlus' first three trailers for Catherine had no hint of gameplay whatsoever, but they were full of engrossing plot details and atmosphere.

When you have as much faith in the P-Studio team as I do, that's enough.

Sami+

Where else can they even show off the game this point? If it's coming out in early 2015 in Japan what other shows are there to debut it at?

Midou

Where else can they even show off the game this point? If it's coming out in early 2015 in Japan what other shows are there to debut it at?

This is exactly what I'm wondering... I guess they can just show off gameplay whenever they want between now and then, but I find it really bizarre that the TGS right before its release we don't see any gameplay or much information at all. It puts a bit of doubt in my mind.

Top Bottom