• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: King of Fighters XIII Steam Release is Imminent

header.jpg

gonna need to hit up the Steam Grid thread.

lol

Grief.exe

I can't hold all these fighting games coming to PC.

Its unfortunate that they are launching right behind a wave of fighting game releases.

And into an incredibly packed month.

Guacamelee, Papers Please, Spelunky, Duck tales, Castlevania, Skull Girls, and The Bureau all look amazing.
I am probably forgetting some.

Tecl0n

This has 360/720s?

Its unfortunate that they are launching right behind a wave of fighting game releases.

And into an incredibly packed month.

Guacamelee, Papers Please, Spelunky, Duck tales, Castlevania, Skull Girls, and The Bureau all look amazing.

And payday.

RedSwirl

Should give this another go, my lord at the tutorial in the console versions. Learning the basics.....doing fine.....DO A 15 STEP COMBO WITH MULTIPLE SWITCHUPS

I still can't finish the tutorial because I can't perform Kyo's super. With any other character? Fine. But for some reason I just can't do a Neo Max with Kyo.

Malajax

Will wait in netcode impressions. Bought it on PSN and then immediately realized I had no one to play it with. Given SNK's track record, however, I won't hold my breath.

Grief.exe

Will wait in netcode impressions. Bought it on PSN and then immediately realized I had no one to play it with. Given SNK's track record, however, I won't hold my breath.

Probably not a bad idea, especially with how bad MK's net code turned out.

The added subtitle gives me hope that they've optimized the port and improved netcode. Either way, I'll get it to support PC fighters and to finally force myself to get my execution down for my team.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
If anything the same code seems worse on the PC. See SFxT and MK. No idea why. I would think the same code would be better.

May be because console matching player by region? While PC version just match you with whoever the server can find. Is SF4 netcode really bad also?

The Phantomnaut

Neo Member
The added subtitle gives me hope that they've optimized the port and improved netcode. Either way, I'll get it to support PC fighters and to finally force myself to get my execution down for my team.

The addition of Steam Edition gives hope that something got optimized. If it's netcode, then I do hope it works outside of Japan. Apparently online in Japan for console was unplayable.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Should give this another go, my lord at the tutorial in the console versions. Learning the basics.....doing fine.....DO A 15 STEP COMBO WITH MULTIPLE SWITCHUPS

I can't even get up there. It was "do this combo into a Maxmium Overdrive" and I'm all "DRRRRRRRRRRRRRR... whu?"

The addition of Steam Edition gives hope that something got optimized. If it's netcode, then I do hope it works outside of Japan. Apparently online in Japan for console was unplayable.

So, basically: Parity with the west then? Hmm, SNK/Suckmore strikes again!

fantomena

Europa Universalis IV, Worms: Clan Wars, Space Hulk, PAYDAY 2, Disney Infinity (not sure if the game launches this month), Divekick, Saints Row IV, Castlevania: LoS, Rayman: Legends.

Think that's that.

Skilletor

I think I have pretty decent execution, was able to do all of Kyo's trials, but some of these are fucking ridiculous.

How do you do upper x fireball motion in an HD combo without getting QCF x 2?

Is there a trick?

Definitely will buy this again. Don't care how much. Hoping for good netcode.

The Phantomnaut

Neo Member
So, basically: Parity with the west then? Hmm, SNK/Suckmore strikes again!

Well their development team wasn't optimized for that environment anyways due to their other ventures.

I think I have pretty decent execution, was able to do all of Kyo's trials, but some of these are fucking ridiculous.

How do you do upper x fireball motion in an HD combo without getting QCF x 2?

Is there a trick?

Definitely will buy this again. Don't care how much. Hoping for good netcode.

Honestly I never dealt with trials and just used match videos for combo reference. In order to do a DP to projectile with Kyo, you use his C DP and HD cancel after the second hit I believe.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
People hoping for good netcode are more than likely setting themselves up for disappointment.

You might as well hope they expanded the singleplayer and then be pleasantly surprised if the netcode isn't complete trash.

The Phantomnaut

Neo Member
People hoping for good netcode are more than likely setting themselves up for disappointment.

You might as well hope they expanded the singleplayer and then be pleasantly surprised if the netcode isn't complete trash.

I don't even care for netcode anyways since I got GGPO anyways. I don't even have a good PC but at the least it's a good convenience if I go to a friend's house who plays on PC.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Very curious how this port turned out. I know the obvious answer is "really well," since the original game was running on PC hardware, more or less... but there's always an opportunity to fuck things up!

Kapwan

Neo Member
I hope they bring over some of the changes from climax and fix some of the bugs like King's corner bug.

The netcode I think they are still on contract with the company who handled the console netcode.

Krackatoa

GGPO or no buy, shit is going to be garbage to try and play online. If they don't take some drastic steps to improve what they've implemented already, the game is going to be a horrific nightmare to try and get games with people over 100ms

The Phantomnaut

Neo Member
GGPO or no buy, shit is going to be garbage to try and play online. If they don't take some drastic steps to improve what they've implemented already, the game is going to be a horrific nightmare to try and get games with people over 100ms

You are gonna depend on that ultimately for your purchasing decision? Wow dude...

I already have this on 360, but I'll rebuy if the netcode isn't ass this time

You are gonna depend on that ultimately for your purchasing decision? Wow dude...

why? a good netcode makes or breaks a fighting game if you don't have anyone locally that will play the game with you (or are good at the game). I got friends that are good at SF, Marvel and Tekken, but none play KOF

The Phantomnaut

Neo Member
He's going to make his purchasing decision for a fighting game based on his ability to play it against other people?

You misinterpreted what I meant. GGPO is really good but it's not the code that only matters. His exaggerated picky response was just unnecessary.

Also there is no GGPO support.

The game practically has no online, whats the point in buying it then?

To practice, play locally with other players, the convenience in having the extra characters available, etc. Sure people with a lack of community might have to end up using online to play but being overtly dependent isn't healthy and doesn't benefit anything.

Sure it's cool that if it had GGPO or a capable code at the least but if it doesn't well too bad. You take what is given, for KOFXIII's case it's a lot, and maximize coverage as much as you can for it to expand.

The Phantomnaut

Neo Member
why? a good netcode makes or breaks a fighting game if you don't have anyone locally that will play the game with you (or are good at the game). I got friends that are good at SF, Marvel and Tekken, but none play KOF

What about gameplay? People's prioritization... I have nothing to say more.

Or you don't buy until the company gets it right.

Well you can be desiring while I can enjoy playing. ;)

BHK3

Banned
To practice, play locally with other players, the convenience in having the extra characters available, etc. Sure people with a lack of community might have to end up using online to play but being overtly dependent isn't healthy and doesn't benefit anything.

Sure it's cool that if it had GGPO or a capable code at the least but if it doesn't well too bad. You take what is given, for KOFXIII's case it's a lot, and maximize coverage as much as you can for it to expand.

This is a joke, right? There are some fighting game people near me, but they live quite a few miles away, I'm not gonna do that just because there's no online, this is not 1993.

Top Bottom