• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA USAGAF: Alienware Alpha for $329.99 w/rebate

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
You know, as tempting as the deal is, i've heard poor things about the hard drive, and I just don't think an i3 with 4 GB of RAM and a 660 equivalent with 2GB of VRAM is going to cut it for long in the PC gaming realm. At best it would be a stopgap machine until Pascal releases.

Then again, it's still stronger than my current laptop, which could die at any moment....

Bah

dLMN8R

Aw man this expired. I saw that the base price is down by $50 but both the $100 coupon and $70 rebate expired. Anyone know of any new deals on this?

NastyBook

Fuck, that is tempting. Wonder if they'll do another price drop around BF?

Anybody know how well this bad boy runs Witcher 3?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Meanwhile in Canada: $650.

Meanwhile in Germany: 669 € x_x

It goes up all the way to ~1100€. The specs are just too shitty for that price. Especially the GPU.

jetsetrez

I really want to pull the trigger on this, but it's been almost exactly a year since they put out this model, and I have to imagine a spec bumped model is coming? The price sure is right for this though.. I have a 2014 MacBook Air with an integrated HD4600, would I be able to run all of Blizzard's games at 1080p with everything on with this? Including Overwatch?

Ombala

Meanwhile in Sweden you can get a PS4 and a XB1 and a sixpack of beer cheaper then what you have too pay for that thing here.
US are so lucky.

Trouble

Banned
Hell of a deal. I bought my Alpha for the $400 deal a few months ago. No regrets.

I really want to pull the trigger on this, but it's been almost exactly a year since they put out this model, and I have to imagine a spec bumped model is coming? The price sure is right for this though.. I have a 2014 MacBook Air with an integrated HD4600, would I be able to run all of Blizzard's games at 1080p with everything on with this? Including Overwatch?

Don't expect a rev2 this year. This is the exact same hardware they are selling as a Steam machine this fall, except with Windows license. I'd expect a spec bump in the spring at the absolute earliest.

I have an old Phenom x4 965 and a 560ti, is this a pretty massive upgrade?

The video card in the Alpha is closest in performance to a 750ti, so I'd think this would be a nice upgrade for that.

Top Bottom